Professional Skaters Association - list of 'EDI' Award winners through the years, criteria, etc.

Sylvia

TBD
I've posted this year's PSA EDI AWARDS FOR BEST PERFORMANCES at the 2018 U.S. Figure Skating Championships in the U.S. threads by discipline today (announced following the recently completed U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships).

In reply to @VIETgrlTerifa:
I wonder if there's a list of past winners.
http://www.skatepsa.com/psa/Awards.html

(The other 'EDI' awards will be announced at the awards dinner at the annual PSA Conference & Trade Show, May 23-May 26, 2018, in Orlando, Florida this year.)

Last edited:

VGThuy

Scanning through the list, I didn't know junior skaters' programs were also in consideration for this award as well...or exhibitions (see Michelle Kwan 2001...I mean I don't usually subscribe to the Angela Nikodinov being robbed narrative that's becoming sort of semi-popular here but Nikodinov was robbed of that award and for "Beautiful World"? One of Kwan's more forgettable exhibitions? It's not like Kwan won every year either which means they were willing to give it to other skaters).

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
http://www.skatepsa.com/psa/Best-Performances.html

Award subcommittee
This subcommittee consists of the President of the PSA, Executive Director, National Education Director, selected members of the media, and PSA professionals. Committee members will be present at Nationals and will review every performance at Junior and Senior level, long and short programs.

Criteria
One winner is chosen from each category in Men’s, Ladies, Pairs, Dance, and Synchronized Skating. Selection will be based on performance, not placement and will not necessarily reflect the best technical skater.

Elements Considered
Artistry, Charisma/Appeal, Balance, Originality ,Drama/Emotion, Music, Costuming, Humor, Showmanship, Quality, Theme, Technical Ability.

Determining the winners
Votes are tabulated by the executive director’s office. The winners are determined by majority vote. Winners are announced and honored in PS Magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information