Papadakis/Cizeron #6 - Season's Over - Let's Get Drunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

synian

They were on bfm sport at 7:30 p.m. ish. The interview was really really good and interesting, and I'm ready to translate it all but I cannot find a replay of it yet. If any of you do, please post, I'll translate !

maya1985

Messages286Ratings775
radio show
(21:30)
it start à 21:30 mn et finish around 30:00

Anyasnake

I cannot find this video, that was a 20+ minutes interview that was so nice ! From what I remember :

They payed the funny video where Gabriella and the journalist from this channel wouldn't stop laughing when they were in Korea. It was past midnight they were partying downstairs, pressure came down and they couldn't stop laughing.

They asked Romain what he thought about them the 1st time he saw them : "Very talented, but they were very young and Guillaume was in his pre-teenage years and looked like he did not give a sh*t. I saw Gabriella very young, maybe 10, at a solo competition, she had a lot of personality, skating a tango for her young age".
Guillaume said after : "Not untrue, I did not give a sh*t before".

About prefering art vs sport : They are not "natural" athletes, that's not something they grew up thinking of. They never had those dreams of being medallists of anything, not World, not Olympics, when they were young. They enjoyed what they did, as a hobby, and it started building up. But they precise : they do have (now) the souls of competitors.
Gabriella dreamt about being a writer when she was young.

How do you want to push the sport : They don't necessarily want to push it per say, but it's great if they bring something. They think they already brought something different : authenticity. "No fake smiles, no glitter and strass if ot needed", they don't want to look old-fashionned and want to stay themselves. They precise that it's part of figure skating' culture all these things.

Your biggest rivals are gone, what do you expect now : There's always going to be the very talented youngsters coming up, one of the journalists said that was what happenned to them too. They'll see what the future will look like later.

Have you thought about music for your next programs : "Absolutely not". Guillaume : "we're having an overdose of all of these things so no, we'll see after". Interviewer : maybe some Rihanna or Beyonce ? "Why not ?".

That's all I can remember... if I find the video I'll correct it, and if I remember anything else, I'll add it.

RoseRed

To be fair P/C didn't seem to mind/care to not have received a text from V/M. I don't think they expected it and tbh I don't really know why the radio guys made a fuss about it... But that's just me..
And I think Tessa and Scott weren't paying that much attention to Worlds. At least they didn't say anything social media about Kaetlyn winning or W/P's medal. And Tessa and Kaitlyn are really close friends.

And like you say, I don't think Gabi and Guillaume care.

I'm looking forward to Tessa and Scott doing their post-competitive career stuff and to seeing Gabi and Guillaume continue on. I avoided the P/C thread for a while during the Olympic season because everything was so tense with the rivalry and the Olympics and everything, so it was hard to be a fan of both, but I really do like their skating a lot so I'm excited to see what they do in the future. Moonlight Sonata was very beautiful and no one else could have done it better.
And about the rule changes, I think it will just push them to keep growing and getting better. They're good enough to handle it and make it work for them.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Moscato suggesting they dance on "you know the movie with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John...Saturday night fever?" lmaoo this guy kills me :rofl: and omg the next suggestion 'les lacs du connemara' by Michel Sardou... bye. I almost want them to do it hahahaha!!

For those who are curious about Sardou's song lol : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWPJfFL38eI
(it's a classic in France)

Also, they seem really excited to continue skating!! The new rules intrigue them (even though they don't have any idea of what they'll do)
I kind of want them to do it now tbh. How awesome but I feel it would mainly make French people laugh while others would go what ????? I would like for them to do sg completely crazy because off ice they have such a goofy sense of humor and personalities but somehow I don't feel they want to bring that side of theirs on the ice.

Last edited:

laviemn

I was able to watch all of the Worlds videos finally and I'm amazed they found the energy and motivation to continue developing the minute details of their programs between Dancing on Ice and Worlds. Though I expected them to skate the SD like they had something to prove, I was not expecting the FD to be as good as the Olympics to be honest, not with the schedule they had afterwards. But they were somehow even better, more power and agility in the presto section for sure while still maintaining the graceful flow.

On the NBC broadcast, Tanith was asked why they've advanced so quickly, and her answer echoed a point that was discussed in this thread. She said it's obvious when listening to them that they're so invested in the art of what they do that every movement is organic and comes from the heart and soul, that they have a purpose beyond medals. She considers them artists first, competitors second.

Of course, the fact that they've become such steady and steely competitors over the last year is going to make them really, really tough to beat no matter what is required of them in the future. I'm not at all concerned about how they'll cope with the new rules. Remember when people predicted last summer that they would have trouble with the rhumba pattern and would get crushed in the SD?

synian

How I would like to have access to the nbc and cbc commentaries ... It is the most interresting thing after the competion to understand the feeling from all country of the skaters and their programs

Gotlev

OK, I have seen that posting facts that are uncomfortable are not appreciated on FSU, so this will be my last post.
Seems like admins want to create forums to see their opinions confirmed and not challenged. Not even by simple facts. So be it.

cocotaffy

OK, I have seen that posting facts that are uncomfortable are not appreciated on FSU, so this will be my last post.
Seems like admins want to create forums to see their opinions confirmed and not challenged. Not even by simple facts. So be it.
I have appreciated many of your posts on GS but I don't agree with your assessment of the situation here. Eurovision is a fun contest above all else, a lovefest of mainly bad taste, tacky music numbers and so on. A moment of communion to cheer and laugh and not take ourselves seriously. Before you judge this forum and their members you should take a minimum of time to understand how it works. There actually is a section called Politically Incorrect where we can talk about politics and I assure you not all members have PC posts. But the Eurovision thread should remain fun and light. Let's not confuse things here. This is actually a very open minded forum where people can express a wide range of political views, just do it in the right section of the forum.

Last edited:

cocotaffy

https://www.afp.com/fr/infos/332/papadakis-et-cizeron-continuer-oser-doc-13e39e1
Confirmation from this interview they stay in Montreal, they mention wanting to have their style evolve but not knowing in which direction yet and Guillaume paying homage to Gaby saying "it takes quite the skater to keep on with an unhooked top, many would have stopped". They thought of taking the year off but in the end, they decided against it though they will take a longer vacation break than usual (still not clear if they'll skip GP or not). Guillaume mentions they would get bored. And so would we Guillaume, so would we.
In the meantime enjoy their SD with the Brit commentaries https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPJIHBiCES4&t=
FD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzq8FXXt7OE&t=
Let see how long those videos will stay up :wall:

D

Deleted member 74551

Gabriella is stunning.

Thanks for the links. I missed the FD and have been so frustrated that all the videos have been taken off YouTube and the ISU haven't uploaded any themselves!

nimi

I kind of want them to do it now tbh. How awesome but I feel it would mainly make French people laugh while others would go what ????? I would like for them to do sg completely crazy because off ice they have such a goofy sense of humor and personalities but somehow I don't feel they want to bring that side of theirs on the ice.
Well, in a way they did that in the lindy hop part of their 2016-17 SD. But that proved to be a tricky program for them, so yeah, agreed. I don't expect them to explore their goofball side on the ice (at least not in competition) anytime soon.

laviemn

https://www.afp.com/fr/infos/332/papadakis-et-cizeron-continuer-oser-doc-13e39e1
Confirmation from this interview they stay in Montreal, they mention wanting to have their style evolve but not knowing in which direction yet and Guillaume paying homage to Gaby saying "it takes quite the skater to keep on with an unhooked top, many would have stopped".

I love when Guillaume publicly praises Gabriella, just because I imagine she's heard all of the noise over their career about how she's lucky to have him and has trained under that judgement since childhood. I appreciate that he always declares that they're lucky to have each other.

Well, in a way they did that in the lindy hop part of their 2016-17 SD. But that proved to be a tricky program for them, so yeah, agreed. I don't expect them to explore their goofball side on the ice (at least not in competition) anytime soon.

The lindy hop section at Trophee Bompard is one of my favorite performances of Gabriella ever. The attitude and personality was fabulous, and I looked forward to it developing but it somehow became more subdued as they changed the SD. Makes me wonder what kind of feedback they got.

Miloune

The lindy hop section at Trophee Bompard is one of my favorite performances of Gabriella ever. The attitude and personality was fabulous, and I looked forward to it developing but it somehow became more subdued as they changed the SD. Makes me wonder what kind of feedback they got.

I agree their best version of it was at Trophée de France... after that it was still great but they never got the tone quite right, and it failed to connect with people.

Miloune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information