Papadakis/Cizeron #5 - We're In Love With The Shape Of You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyasnake

2019 GPF is in France !! City to be determinated. :biggrinbo

Also, France has a bid for 2022 Europeans which is absolutely no surprise to be honest, I was wondering if it was ever going to happen in 2021 or 2022, the latter being more plausible. Hoping it's in Paris though, because it would attract many many people.

Anyasnake

:lol: It's like comparing a newcommer to a veteran, somebody's forgetting the number of years. Or a lack of confidence - that Carol Lane does not seem to have (?) since she is actually waiting for them to show in the years to come, as we all should, unlike the other I guess. I'd like to hear the full commentary though.
Honestly what Gaby & Guillaume put on the ice this weekend was so incredible, that you coud have a million people trying to find what's wrong with them (they tried on twitter but failed) that I couldn't care less. Nobody is able to take away that masterful performance, ever :encore:Haters gonna hate, skaters gonna skate...

Viscaro

CBC commentary

I should not have clicked on that...

CBC commentary makes me consider Nelson Montfort (the French ice dance commentator) a great ice dance expert. That speaks volumes. At least he was not shade throwing against V/M at the Olympics commentary. He had nice stuff to say about them (and in what I heard - only nice things to say. He's overly enthusiastic about almost everyone, and I much prefer that to Lane's bitterness).

(Btw, for the francophones here - watch Nathan Chen Olympics FD by the French TV: Montfort's comments are hilarious. "How many quads has he done yet ??? FIVEEE ??! - No Nelson it's four, two to go now -OH MY GOLD IT MIGHT BE ENOUGH FOR A GOLD MEDAL - No.")

V/M are not the golden standard every team aspire to be. The path to sexual chemistry is not the path nor "ARE THEY BANGING" is the question every team should provoke. Dance is not always about sex. That the Canadian commentators seem to think otherwise is so very odd to me.

When you watch CBC commentaries, you understand why you see so many trolls on twitter. Their commentators are the worst. So much saltiness. No fairplay whatsoever.

Last edited:

Anyasnake

CBC commentary makes me consider Nelson Montfort (the French ice dance commentator) a great ice dance expert. That speaks volumes. At least he was not shade throwing against V/M at the Olympics commentary. He had nice stuff to say about them.

(Btw, for the francophones here - watch Nathan Chen Olympics FD by the French TV: Montfort's comments are hilarious. "How many quads has he done yet ??? FIVEEE ??! - No Nelson it's four, two to go now -OH MY GOLD IT MIGHT BE ENOUGH FOR A GOLD MEDAL - No.")

V/M are not the golden standard every team aspire to be. The path to sexual chemistry is not the path nor "ARE THEY BANGING" is the question every team should provoke. Dance is not always about sex. That the Canadian commentators seem to think otherwise is so very odd to me.

When you watch CBC commentaries, you understand why you see so many trolls on twitter. Their commentators are the worst. So much saltiness. No fairplay whatsoever.
Meh, basic CBC. You have them still going V/M vs P/C to try to prove a (wrong) point and in the meantime, Nelson Monfort calls Tessa "one of the greatest female ice dancer of all time". Whatever float your boat :lol: But hearing Kurt speaking is reminiscent of what I read on twitter, no surprise. (And no need to add more tbh ;))

I just skipped the French broadcast... Nelson and his "Ina Bauer - lifted - reversed" had me throwing my mug on my wall... well no I'm too pacifist for that, but I cannot anymore, I want him replaced. Can't we get someone a bit more dynamic with figure skating and less with the rest ? :drama:

Icetigger

The corruption around P/C comment made me :lol: It's like they are Russian oligarchs

On a practical level do these people really think the level of corruption they think is necessary for what they think is happening is actually possible......

Block them if you want, but don't even pay attention. I blocked many people on twitter, the air is definitely cleaner. ;)
I don't mind them. I hope in the next four years another fantastic team comes along and we all welcome them with open arms though!

CBC commentary makes me consider Nelson Montfort (the French ice dance commentator) a great ice dance expert. That speaks volumes. At least he was not shade throwing against V/M at the Olympics commentary. He had nice stuff to say about them (and in what I heard - only nice things to say. He's overly enthusiastic about almost everyone, and I much prefer that to Lane's bitterness).

This worlds and the ice dance event was such a joyous occasion, with a great and complete audience. The camaraderie between the teams; the excellence of the performances pretty much all round; Anna and Luca giving there last performances in front of a home crowd; without even mentioning the stellar three world record breaking performances of P/C. It was a great event all round. Anyone that hasn't found joy in the ice dance event, well, that's on them.....

Viscaro

Can't we get someone a bit more dynamic with figure skating and less with the rest ?

Come on, just for that I'm glad he's here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EATPfH5L-zI

He starts right off by completely messing up with Nathan Chen's rank entering the FD.

I much prefer someone not an expert but not shady. Amateurish comments may annoy me. Bitter comments anger me. And if he's in love with Tessa - good for him (probably one-sided I'm afraid). I don't mind him saying she's the greatest female dancer. The problem I have with him is that he is talking over the dance :angryfire Wait till the dance is over to comment !

Edit : what's the "Ina Bauer - lifted - reversed" ? If I may ask and it's not stirring up too many angry memories (I'm worried for you mug :D)

Last edited:

Anyasnake

Come on, just for that I'm glad he's here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EATPfH5L-zI

He starts right off by completely messing up with Nathan Chen's rank entering the FD.

I much prefer someone not an expert but not shady. Amateurish comments may annoy me. Bitter comments anger me. And if he's in love with Tessa - good for him (probably one-sided I'm afraid). I don't mind him saying she's the greatest female dancer. The problem I have with him is that he is talking over the dance :angryfire Wait till the dance is over to comment !
... Help ! :lol: But he has been commentating for decades and still doesn't get it right. :confused:

Congrats you are the 1001st post of the thread ! :cheer2:
(1000th post = new thread, new name thread ! If everyone agrees, or we could let @allezfred do it nicely like he always does :D)

Miloune

Also, France has a bid for 2022 Europeans which is absolutely no surprise to be honest, I was wondering if it was ever going to happen in 2021 or 2022, the latter being more plausible. Hoping it's in Paris though, because it would attract many many people.

Yes fingers crossed for Paris as it is the only city where you'll find enough skating fans to fill an arena (at least for the GPF - I don't want to relive Marseille thank you). For Euros, as it's a bigger event, I may agree to consider Lyon (lol yes they need my permission!! ;))

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

alain06fr

^^^ All 3 links say "This video is not available." - I assume they are geoblocked outside of France? Ditto for the Eurosport videos linked in post #991.

ETA this fan cam of their FD filmed from afar: https://www.facebook.com/sportsdeglace/videos/vb.141261529223677/2139835452699598/?type=3&theater

Next up is La Tournée des Stars Olympiques (29 Mars - 18 Avril 2018): https://ffsg.org/evenement/la-tournee-des-stars-olympiques-du-27-mars-au-18-avril/

Ah yeah! All 3 are from FranceTV. Sorry!

alain06fr

Carol Lane has lost all credibility to comment figure skating in general and ice dance in particular.
She ridiculed herself by uttering lies and comments that echo the comments of the most virulent V/M fans. She is totally pathetic in this video where she shows how obsessed she is with bashing again and again Gabriella and Guillaume. She has not finished eating her black bread as Gabriella and Guillaume embody more than ever the future of dance.
In fact and paradoxically, Carol Lane's condescending attitude perfectly reflects the complex of the most V/M uber fans with respect to the incredible talent, the unlimited creativity, the softness of skating and the extraordinary people that are Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron. In the end, her flimsy behavior lends more to a smile than anything else.

Last edited:

alain06fr

Who told you that?

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
... Help ! :lol: But he has been commentating for decades and still doesn't get it right. :confused:

(1000th post = new thread, new name thread ! If everyone agrees, or we could let @allezfred do it nicely like he always does :D)

How about "On Top of the World"?

Gotlev

Is there a reason for all this moving around? Is it more practical for reasons that I cannot immediately come up with?

Last edited:

Gotlev

Carol Lane has lost all credibility to comment figure skating in general and ice dance in particular.
She ridiculed herself by uttering lies and comments that echo the comments of the most virulent V/M fans. She is totally pathetic in this video where she shows how obsessed she is with bashing again and again Gabriella and Guillaume. She has not finished eating her black bread as Gabriella and Guillaume embody more than ever the future of dance.
In fact and paradoxically, Carol Lane's condescending attitude perfectly reflects the complex of the most V/M uber fans with respect to the incredible talent, the unlimited creativity, the softness of skating and the extraordinary people that are Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron. In the end, her flimsy behavior lends more to a smile than anything else.
I found out yesterday why it may be for the best that Gaby and Guigui got silver at Olys:
The worlds without V/M were so fun, so lovely and enjoyable without that horrible tension and envy and rivalry.
Imagine that if they would NOT have gotten gold, V/M might have wanted to continue. I would have quit watching at all I guess, I am too sick of it.
Now there are still some places where they pop up in the commentary, and that will go on for a bit, but that is in fact only residue and irrelevant, as they are not part of the competition anymore. It will probably die out soon. Anyway, we can easily avoid it by not looking at it. It is not like before when it was allover and unavoidable.
But my god, I think it is an absolutely wonderful trade to give up the gold and have silver to gain such freedom and joy.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Ah Carol Lane and her ice dance clueless sidekick :violin:They are like the two old guys in the Muppet Show, always on the salty side of things, grumpy instead of celebrating hard working ice dance teams #blameitonrussia style. She has no business commenting while her own star couple is competing, it would be much better of her to actually be with them, supporting them in the K&C instead of blabbing her vitriolic commentaries live. It should be a tacit rule to focus on the performance of the team competing and not comparing them to another who is not even competing at the event. But hey they've been sour about P/C from the moment they started to threaten their then star team W/P, because the first time they emerged at the beginning of their Mozart season, they had nothing but compliments about them. Then once they started to win everything, it turned nasty really quickly, they're were so transparent about it too.
As for Metleson Moinsfort aka Nelson Monfort, he is just unbearable with is "fente ina bauer" comments, he again was in ecstasy during the gala with Stepanova and her mind blowing "fente ina bauer" position. He knows nothing and has no willingness to learn but at least like other have said he doesn't shade. Still, when our figure skating brightest discipline is ice dance, couldn't we please have some knowledgeable ice dance expert commenting on French TV ? Candeloro doesn't cut it either.
I can't wait to see what kind of thread title Allezfred is gonna find this time around. I guess it can't refer to their program anymore being the end of the season. Please let it be witty as per usual :D

Isabelle.G

Oh yeah! :lol: I already checked the next destinations for the Euros and was deciding whether Minsk though further would be cheaper than Graz which I think will be quite expensive... I want to see them again :D thanks for this! :)

Gotlev

Still, when our figure skating brightest discipline is ice dance,
I don't want to spread gloom and doom, but that Ice Dance Technical Committee meeting gave some ominous news about wanting to make the idiotic Oly Team Event a regular normal part of Ice Skating competitions... :wall: :soapbox:

Miloune

Ah Carol Lane and her ice dance clueless sidekick :violin:They are like the two old guys in the Muppet Show, always on the salty side of things, grumpy instead of celebrating hard working ice dance teams #blameitonrussia style. She has no business commenting while her own star couple is competing, it would be much better of her to actually be with them, supporting them in the K&C instead of blabbing her vitriolic commentaries live. It should be a tacit rule to focus on the performance of the team competing and not comparing them to another who is not even competing at the event. But hey they've been sour about P/C from the moment they started to threaten their then star team W/P, because the first time they emerged at the beginning of their Mozart season, they had nothing but compliments about them. Then once they started to win everything, it turned nasty really quickly, they're were so transparent about it too.
As for Metleson Moinsfort aka Nelson Monfort, he is just unbearable with is "fente ina bauer" comments, he again was in ecstasy during the gala with Stepanova and her mind blowing "fente ina bauer" position. He knows nothing and has no willingness to learn but at least like other have said he doesn't shade. Still, when our figure skating brightest discipline is ice dance, couldn't we please have some knowledgeable ice dance expert commenting on French TV ? Candeloro doesn't cut it either.
I can't wait to see what kind of thread title Allezfred is gonna find this time around. I guess it can't refer to their program anymore being the end of the season. Please let it be witty as per usual :D

I propose an official drinking game! A vodka shot each time that Nelson :
-mentions Ina Bauer
-mentions the mozart program and the fact that the 23rd concerto "que d'aucun diront qu'il est le plus beau morceau de musique de tous les temps" (is the greatest piece of music of all time according to a lot of people)
-mentions that bethoveen was almost deaf when he composed Moonlight sonata
-mentions that a skater 5 pts behind PC could maybe beat them so we have to wait you never know especially with those russians!!
-says to Candeloro that he made a good joke

I could add more but I think we would be already drunk with those at the end of the sonata!! :40beers:

Last edited:

Miloune

I don't want to spread gloom and doom, but that Ice Dance Technical Committee meeting gave some ominous news about wanting to make the idiotic Oly Team Event a regular normal part of Ice Skating competitions... :wall: :soapbox:

Isn't that the team event we have every 2 years or so? They want to put it with the world championships??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information