Papadakis/Cizeron #5 - We're In Love With The Shape Of You

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelDee

The medal ceremony was a beautiful lovefest between G&G and Madi&Zach :rofl:

Congratulations to G&G on gorgeous performances, a class of their own they are!
A gem from the press conference just now:

Guillaume on whether they're gonna celebrate with Madi&Zach tonight: "Our goal is to get drunk with them as many times as we can." The Milan Worlds just keeps on getting better and better :D

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
So after watching them on social media, I have to say they are quite lovely people, well spoken and accessible. Then I decided to really watch their program at worlds...I went "wow" at their twizzle sequence in the FD...they hadn't grabbed me before but I gotta say...they are truly great ice dancers. What I hope to see is them trying some new things, they are wonderful at lyrical and I even really enjoyed the SD, but it would be great to see them stretch themselves and see how far they can take ice dance. Cause they've got the goods to do it.

Anyasnake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkf8e-P6PQs translation of this video coming soon :)
[PS : streamable.com if it's geoblocked !]

Translation :
A "Marseillaise", a Gold medal, a Moonlight (Sonata), it doesn't get much better to end this season, and what a season.

Guillaume : "We know why we do this, when we do this type of program, we're really having a blast and it's part of the best memories that we build."

A 3rd World title to top a perfect season : 4th European title, several WR broken, a Silver medal at the Olympics after a Wardrobe issue, this is for the honors.
The French arrived this morning at the rink for their last work day. Last finished touch, under their coaches eyes for that sublime Moonlight Sonata, danced hundreds and hundreds of time.
Romain : "Everything has to be very musical, the spin. You know, put dance everywhere".
First after the SD yesterday with a WR, despite what can be seen, Gabriella and Guillaume are exhausted by this intensed and loaded season.
Gabriella : "We're fine, we digested yesterday really well, in the right way... I don't know what I'm saying, rubbish. We're fine !"
Interviewer : "It's the last day !"
Gabriella : "Yes. Let's skate, not talk !"

And they never skated like that. The Moonlight Sonata, with the softness of movements and expression, true poetry on ice, danced to perfection.
Gabriella : "I think we did only great performances on this program all season, I'm really proud of us for that."

Youth has humor and talent. Gabriella and Guillaume 22 & 23 years old, broke 2 WR again, the FD and the Total combined. And what do they have in store for us next season ?

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Simon calling Guillaume a peacock, a beautiful peacock :rofl: Guillaume should write that one down on his Instagram profile: Guillaume Cizeron, triple World Champion, Quadruple European champion and vice Olympic peacock but a beautiful one :D
He was absolutely sensational yesterday, he never emoted that much before, he was on par with Gaby who is an emo machine and even more so than her yesterday. Don't know what triggered it, usually his body does the talking but here his facial expressions were quite striking too. Those twizzles :swoon::swoon::swoon: They never performed them better, the music was rippling all through their bodies while twizzling in perfect unison and this new ending rotating move from Guillaume is to die for.
Congratulation on their third title at only 22 and 23 !!!! They were the youngest of the last two groups I believe with S/B yet present themselves as such veterans.
I also enjoyed the press conference and victory ceremony so much. Only happy faces and those three couples looked like they were getting along like a house on fire which made me happy for W/P after so many set backs this past quad. I still would have like to see Anna and Luca on the podium for sentimental reason and because Je suis malade never lived up to its claim (W/P SD otoh was miles better than the Italians) Tbh Anna and Luca did win the FD and W/P the SD so I guess, fair result overall. I don't remember seeing a press conference with so much goofing around and accolades, hugs and kisses thrown around. Great to see.
That's all for now but I'm sure I'll have more to add especially now we're gonna slowly enter in a drought season. WE can hope for some French press now what with the Tour and their win.

Last edited:

Miloune

Simon calling Guillaume a peacock, a beautiful peacock :rofl: Guillaume should write that one down on his Instagram profile: Guillaume Cizeron, triple World Champion, Quadruple European champion and vice Olympic peacock but a beautiful one :D
He was absolutely sensational yesterday, he never emoted that much before, he was on par with Gaby who is an emo machine and even more so than her yesterday. Don't know what triggered it, usually his body does the talking but here his facial expressions were quite striking too. Those twizzles :swoon::swoon::swoon: They never performed them better, the music was rippling all through their body while twizzling in perfect unison and this new ending rotating move from Guillaume is to die for.
Congratulation on their third title at only 22 and 23 !!!! They were the youngest of the last two groups I believe with S/B yet present themselves as such veterans.
I also enjoyed the press conference and victory ceremony so much. Only happy faces and those three couples looked like they were getting along like a house on fire which made me happy for W/P after so many set backs this past quad. I still would have like to see Anna and Luca on the podium for sentimental reason and because Je suis malade never lived up to its claim (W/P SD otoh was miles better than the Italians) Tbh Anna and Luca did win the FD and W/P the SD so I guess, fair result overall. I don't remember seeing a press conference with so much goofing around and accolades, hugs and kisses thrown around. Great to see.
That's all for now but I'm sure I'll have more to add especially now we're gonna slowly enter in a drought season. WE can hope for some French press now what with the Tour and their win.

A Beautiful Peacock and an Emo Machine. :swoon:

cocotaffy

Speaking about copyright, does anyone know if we can hope having those bans will be lifted in a matter of weeks ? I would love to see more commentaries from different broadcast.

Miloune

Speaking about copyright, does anyone know if we can hope having those bans will be lifted in a matter of weeks ? I would love to see more commentaries from different broadcast.

What's this about bans?? I thought the copyrights issues were just for the olympics?!

cocotaffy

What's this about bans?? I thought the copyrights issues were just for the olympics?!
Apparently Fuji TV has decided to punish skating fans for some reasons unknown to me if someone wants to explain.

barbarafan

So after watching them on social media, I have to say they are quite lovely people, well spoken and accessible. Then I decided to really watch their program at worlds...I went "wow" at their twizzle sequence in the FD...they hadn't grabbed me before but I gotta say...they are truly great ice dancers. What I hope to see is them trying some new things, they are wonderful at lyrical and I even really enjoyed the SD, but it would be great to see them stretch themselves and see how far they can take ice dance. Cause they've got the goods to do it.

Very excited to see their programs next year. Marie-France is amazing and never shy to collaborate with other choreo. This year was not the year to play and experiment with V/M competing. They were just too close. They are definitely NOT one trick ponies. Well vacation will be long for us but they so need and deserve it. Congrats to the whole team

Gotlev

I love Gabi's posing and singing the anthem. Probably I'm not the only one who finds that amusing as usually other medallist are giving her looks... :D
https://sun9-2.userapi.com/c834102/v834102439/fae00/iv60xHUpgH4.jpg
https://sun9-4.userapi.com/c834102/v834102439/fadd0/lp8Yx5H9Al8.jpg
Why take it seriously, right? :biggrinbo
I was hoping they would start singing self-made lyrics, no-one can hear them anyway. They can make up fitting phrases, like 'Alors Milan c'est une belle viiiiiiille, et on s'est très bien amusés!'

EYGH

Once again, congratulations to Gabriella and Guillaume for their gorgeous, wonderful, breathtaking skating deserving of a new world record. I love those two programs of theirs and find they achieved the almost impossible feat of improving what was (we thought) already perfection in the FD (too bad for the lost level in the SD because it was great too).

I enjoy also their personalities very much. Guillaume is the best skater/dancer I've seen in a long time. Despite this superiority, he is a class act. He is really tender/attentive with Gabi (I was very touched by his attention at the end of the Oly SD). And no he is not a peacock ! Jealous/envious much Simon ? That remark was quite Carol Lane of you. He is superb inside out.

Gabriella holds my heart. She improved so much. She worked so hard to reach his level and she succeeded. He still is better but by not much at all. And she always gave the human beautiful delicate vibe while he was the slightly aloof skating god. They actually moved towards each other's territory to reach an artistic and skating peak. He emotes and she skates. They are both wonderful and seem so personable on the off ice level.

That being said, I congratulate all skaters for those beautiful Worlds. I enjoyed eveyone's skates and with some exceptions (S/B) I liked all programs. The public was great too and the Milan organisation did a great job. My only critic will be for the camera work.

I really enjoyed the press conference too and the very friendly and relaxed atmosphere between the three medalist teams (I love all three). What a breath of fresh air ! That's what I mean by clearer air. It should always be like this when no fans or feds or commentators come between the skaters. Ice dance is of course a sport with competition but it shouldn't come to what we've lived through in the recent past.

Judy

I’m glad that they and their fans had a happy ending to the season. I’ve been in that position before too (like 20 years). Things happen for a reason even when it’s not clear. That is something I’ve personally experienced and believe in with my life.

cocotaffy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEqTJm6Bn_U Gala EX, use this as usual : streamable.com :gallopin1

I also proclaim Gabriella and Guillaume World Champion of slow-motion, since 2014. :D
Unfortunately, even with streamable it doesn't work for me. Now comes the time where all those French videos will be out of reach.
Welcome @Gotlev yet another new comer from GS, I feel we gonna all end up setting camp here which is easier instead of going back and forth between the two forums tbh.
Their exhibition is up with the sound and everything but it won't last long so quickly download it (here is an efficient website) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOagS_Rc1Dc

Last edited:

Minou

Bises for this: https://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-art...n-commentent-leur-programme-de-minimes/876074
I won´t have time to type the commentary translation until tomorrow. In the interim, the intro states:

Twelve years ago, BP and GC took part in their first French (National) championships in Bordeaux, in the novice level. At the ages of 10 and 11, the young couple won the competition in their debut. We proposed that they have another look at these images, filmed by Guillaume´s parents. They (BP and GC ) comment on them with much (self-deprecating) humor.

cocotaffy

Enchanted

^ The small medal ceremony was quite the show for both the men and the icedance. :lol:

They even had a DJ there and he probably appeared in every picture because he was behind the medalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information