Papadakis CIzeron #4 - Happiness Does Not Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYGH

My 11 year old niece thought it was really cool they were skating to Ed Sheeran when I showed her the SD from GPF, but then she asked me if I could show her videos of skaters falling. :lol:

Well Gaby did fall during their Ed Sheeran dance. Not spectacular enough a fall maybe for your niece ? One of the 2 French commentators for French Nat didn't even notice the fall ! That guy knew nothing about ice dancing and talked nonsense may too much.

Enchanted

Does anyone have a link for their visit in Happy Sports / Bein Sport? Based on the few snippets in Twitter it looked like a fun visit.

Enchanted

^ That’s good. It seems the reporter doesn’t know much about skating and didn’t even bother to look for information. I believe this article was based on the Catherine Pinard’s interview that also contained quotes from Gabriella and Guillaume.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Thank you Maya.

Journalist: Was it the perfect start of the season for you ?
GP:
Yes, up to now it really went well. Perfect doesn't exist but the start of the season met our hopes. Each new competition was better than the last, which is very encouraging. We're very satisfied to have accomplished during the competitions what we were able to achieve in training. Sometimes it's difficult to achieve the same performances in competition because the pressure and the stakes are different. So it meant a lot for us to be able to do it.

Journalist: As a symbol of this great start, there were several different WR. What do they represent for you in a sport where records aren't so talked about ?
GC:
It's a matter of personal pride. It wasn't our objective but it happens as a result of what we set ourselves up to achieve. Breaking the 200 points barrier is indeed a nice symbol, even though our sport is different from athleticism or swimming, disciplines where you can compare records over time. In skating, the points system evolves so comparisons can only be made over a period of a couple of years. It's a sign we're on the right track with a really strong program which touches the judges. This does motive us even more.

Journalist: It motives but it adds to the pressure as you're now seen as favorites for the next OG ?
GP:
There's always pressure and I feel that right now, we're in the most possible comfortable position. It's not always easy to live up to it but I prefer it to any other position.

Journalist: When you watch your performance in Nagoya and the 202.16 points, do you tell yourselves you can't do much better than that ?
GC:
I think we still have a sizeable margin. We know what we need to improve, where we can still grab couple of more points. We feel relieved to know we beat records while keeping some space for improvements artistically as well as technically. For the moment, we've performed very well but we need to keep aiming for even more perfection.

Journalist: In a video shot by your sponsor L'Or, you mention your sensations on the ice. What are they when one breaks a WR ?
GP:
This program, we truly love it immensely. We chose it for the OG and we think it's the most interesting and the most complex we've ever done. And most importantly, it's the one with which we're the most at ease, the one in which we take the most pleasure.
GC: Our aim is to go get the audience's emotion as much as we can. Each movement, each intention must be clear to be understood by the audience. Let's not forget this is a sport and a show. It's important for us to work on that. We can spend hours in training to perfect on single move trying to be aware of the effect it can have on the spectators. Now, record or not, when we watch back our performances on video, we only see imperfections.

Journalist: Are you ever satisfied ...
GC: (smiling) Yes, of course.
GP: But even if we enjoyed ourselves on the ice and we had a great performance, there's still a will to improve and to spot what wasn't right.
GC: There's a big difference between a live experience and the fact of seeing it on video. On the latter, we can't feel as much the expressions of our faces, the way we enjoy ourselves. We can't fully grasp the speed on the ice and the atmosphere.

Journalist: While performing, can you really enjoy yourselves or the concentration sucks out everything ?
GP:
Actually, I think enjoyment comes from concentration. Our performance is a whole and the concentration carries us, takes us further.
GC: The most beautiful programs we've skated, we were actually not thinking at all. People don't necessarily realize how technical all the steps are. Everything must be so precise without the slight margin for error. It takes a lot of concentration but it doesn't take away from the pleasure we experience when we feel we successfully accomplished an element. Those moments are unparalleled.

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/jt-20h/videos/20-heures-9-janvier-2018.html

French national news ! Go around the 32:00 mark, I hope it's not geoblocked. There is another legend in that video :D
I can't believe it was not geoblocked, I don't even know how this is possible, first time I can watch a TF1 video, that's surely a sign, of what I don't know though :D I'm surprised to see them on ice with V/M after we heard they were training separately. Great to see them getting prime time exposure. Thanks for the info, a real treat.

Anyasnake

Can you share more information, please? It's geoblocked, at least for my country :angryfire Again - how I wish I was from France, this wouldn't keep happening. :lol:
They are filming this in Montreal. P/C are polishing their programs.

They spend 4 hours per day on the ice + add massage therapy, muscular training : their day never ends. They say P/C are "possessed by their sport and their choreography".
After audacity from last years' programs, back to classical - Bethoveen. Olympic year is not about risks.
Guillaume : "we experimented last year, we wanted to go back to something classical."

When ice time is over : interpretation class wth Catherine Pinard (she says : "are you ready, babes ?" :D)
We see then black&white small shots of GG during that class.
Guillaume : "It's inspiring to make researches on the compositor's life, what he has to offer. What's cool is to imagine and to let yourself be carried by that and it inspired us for our own interpretation of our program."

Change of scenery : muscular training. (We also see them playing around like kids :D)

Change again back on the ice. Voice over : The french are training with their main rival for OGM, Virtue & Moir. The camera turns to them (funny to see them all on the ice !)
Gabriella : "A part of us doesn't want to train together, like "Oh no, we'd like to train as if we were home", but it brings us a lot when we see them work, it gives to that rivalry, to what V/M represents a more human side."
(there are a small clip o all f them on the ice, then GG rehearsing their No-touch and more).
Voice over : To keep all chances on their side, the team called an Ice Dance legend, Christopher Dean (And we see him choreographing with them on video !!! :biggrinbo)
Christopher Dean : "Gabriella and Guillaume are very creative. We ive them a small idea, they'll develop it and make something from it. This are the mark of a great champion."

Change of scenery : Lyon, at their stylist's place, costume fitting.
Voice over : Guillaume, former "Beaux-art" student, took part in the costume creation process.
Then back on the ice in Lyon, to try the costumes.
Voice over : Everything seems ready for the beginning of the season. Confirmation a few weeks later with a WR (in China, with some footage from the FD). "The OGM arms are openned".

Here you go ! :D

Miloune

I can't believe it was not geoblocked, I don't even know how this is possible, first time I can watch a TF1 video, that's surely a sign, of what I don't know though :D I'm surprised to see them on ice with V/M after we heard they were training separately. Great to see them getting prime time exposure. Thanks for the info, a real treat.

It was filmed like 4 month ago so maybe they shared the ice more at that time... Before the battle began mwahahaha. ^^

Isabelle.G

Thank you so much!!!! :) And also for the translation, it's nice to understand what they're saying. :D

Their training together with V/M: I think it depended on the schedule - sometimes they train or trained together and sometimes they have/had the ice for themselves or share/d it with other couples. But it's great and definitely interesting to see them together, I wish we could see more. :D

Isabelle.G

They had a couple of changes in the No-touch and the Pst at the end into the lift - some polishing, to get all the levels. I can't wait ! I love that SD :cheer2:
I just wanted to add this to my original post. You're too fast! :D Me too, can't wait to see it. I'm curious whether they changed something in the FD as well. I know I'm annoying with my changing/polishing the final lift, but I can't help it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information