"No one knows Mirai's mirai" Nagasu cheer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Brady just posted on her Facebook page that she's doing the short program only in the team event. She didn't say it like that but she just said she's skating the short program and then listed the short program for the individual event as her next event, so I'd say that's confirmation that we are splitting the ladies.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Someone posted in another thread that Bradie T. Has posted on her FB that she will skate the SP. Does this mean Mirai will skate the LP? I hope so. This could be an opportunity for our girl to win an Olympic medal.

ETA- Looks like Coco beat me by a nanosecond. :)

coppertop1

If this has not been posted, here's a video of the presentation of the US Olympic team at the US Nationals gala. Mirai was so happy. I know I'm biased and not to take anything away from the other Olympians I think Mirai's spot on the team is the most hard-earned one, so proud of her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAFMCqZdXX8

I agree! After being left off in 2014, she really worked hard to turn it around. She came so close last year then faltered in the free skate. Now, redemption. I’m so happy for her.

DDNatalia

Happy for Bradie and hopefully Mirai as well, but was Bradie supposed to make such a post? I thought all the countries were keeping their strategies very close to the vest.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Happy for Bradie and hopefully Mirai as well, but was Bradie supposed to make such a post? I thought all the countries were keeping their strategies very close to the vest.

I'm sure Bradie didn't mean it! But selfishly, I'm glad she made that post so now we know that at least she's doing the SP! Hopefully, Mirai will be doing the FS and have a chance at an Olympic medal too!

Her dream came true! YAY MIRAI!! Two time Olympian! I'm so happy for her and that her loved ones are there too to support her! I'm so glad that she and the rest of Team USA are now in the Olympic Village (or will be in a day or so!)!

It's for real now woo hoo!! Go Mirai!! Have fun my Warrior Triple Axel Ice Queen and SLAY!!! :respec::rockstar:

Last edited:

baramin

Interesting—I’d been assuming Mirai for the short & Bradie for the long, since Mirai’s 3a is a much bigger TES advantage in the short. But it looks like the US is betting on Bradie to turn in a clean short (where Mirai has had some issues earlier in the season). If the teams for the long are the US, Canada, Russia, & some combo of Japan/France/China, the US is basically guaranteed at least 4th in the ladies’ free, but Mirai does have a chance at overperforming. Bradie has a PCS ceiling & is untested in a major international competition environment, but Mirai, if on, could beat Daleman, and has a better chance at matching Sakamoto’s PCS, or even of trumping Miyahara’s TES if she’s having an off day.

GullyGirl84

Kaori's PCs in the long rose quite a bit over the season from when Mirai beat her in the long at US International Classic early on (Kaori's PCs at international classic were 57.12, and then rose to 67.48 at Skate America, and 68.09 at 4CC), higher than Mirai has ever gotten. Her Amelie program is cute, but she definitely seemed to get a big "consistency bump". Interesting facts though, Mirai has beaten Kaori and Satoko this season...but since she had beaten both of them, they became more consistent with their later season competitions. Mirai also beat Kaetlyn and Gabby in the long at 4CC last year, so who knows what will happen. I agree that a 4-5 score in the long is likely, and is nothing to be ashamed of. As I mentioned in earlier posts, Mirai has also been turning out clean free skates in February competitions for the last two years.

giselle23

I'm sure Bradie didn't mean it! But selfishly, I'm glad she made that post so now we know that at least she's doing the SP! Hopefully, Mirai will be doing the FS and have a chance at an Olympic medal too!

Her dream came true! YAY MIRAI!! Two time Olympian! I'm so happy for her and that her loved ones are there too to support her! I'm so glad that she and the rest of Team USA are now in the Olympic Village (or will be in a day or so!)!

It's for real now woo hoo!! Go Mirai!! Have fun my Warrior Triple Axel Ice Queen and SLAY!!! :respec::rockstar:

I hope the USFSA doesn't use the team event to stick it to Mirai one more time. They don't have to decide on who will skate the long program until 24 hours before long program event, as I understand it. But they would have to decide before then internally, wouldn't they, to give the LP skater time to practice and get ready--? Fingers crossed for Mirai.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Brady just posted on her Facebook page that she's doing the short program only in the team event. She didn't say it like that but she just said she's skating the short program and then listed the short program for the individual event as her next event, so I'd say that's confirmation that we are splitting the ladies.

Hmmm Id rather Bradie Free, and Mirai SP....

mag

I hope the USFSA doesn't use the team event to stick it to Mirai one more time. They don't have to decide on who will skate the long program until 24 hours before long program event, as I understand it. But they would have to decide before then internally, wouldn't they, to give the LP skater time to practice and get ready--? Fingers crossed for Mirai.

I suspect that the skaters know tentatively if they will be skating and those doing the short would know for sure. It would be expected that LP assignments would not be confirmed in some cases until after the short.

All skaters are fully practiced and ready at this point. Practice time will just be maintenance at this point.

GullyGirl84

Mirai's short has high score potential, but is also very risky. Maybe if she had put it out cleaner in international competition, I would have more faith in her doing the short? I'm glad that at least she is doing the loop in the sp instead of the lutz.

To compare her and Bradie's highest free skate (international) scores this year-Bradie got a 137 for a 7 triple LP, and Mirai got a 129 for a 6 triple LP (her 7th triple was an under on the 3A/she doubled her three jump combo). Mirai will be attempting 8 triples, plus repeating the flip (whereas she was repeating the loop on the grand prix). There is always potential for unders with Mirai, but I think by the time we get to the ladies free, the team will already be in a safer position overall.

VGThuy

If the USFS had to split ladies, then it’s much smarter for them to put Bradie in the SP as she’s more reliable and doesn’t UR. A bad SP could place you in a lower top ten while a bad LP would just result in 5th at worst. If the split is happening in Ladies, then it’s smart to use Mirai over Karen. I love Karen, but she should not be touching that team event where a bad skate does not only affect her but the entire team.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
I think Mirai's FS for the most part has been stronger this season for Mirai than the SP so, if she's chosen for the Team event, I would be glad if she skates the FS! More chance for her to make up for an error too (which I hope she wont have to! Please no falls or URs Mirai!).

Spun Silver

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
"Return to Olympus" sounds great! But as I live in Japan, the first thought which came to me was "Did Mirai get Olympus as her sponsor?", since it's a Japanese well-known company who used to support Japanese skaters such as Mao. :lol: "Return to Mount Olympus" sounds nicer in the meaning, but "Return to Olympus" sounds cooler to me, so I vote for "Return to Olympus". I'm so proud of her to be getting back to Olympus! Hard work paid off! :respec:

ETA: I actually wish Olympus will support her next season if she wins a medal (TE or IE) in PyeongChang. :D

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Now i am worried that Mirai may not get to participate in the team event. They may decide to split the ice dance teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information