Margot Robbie To Play Tonya Harding In New Harding-Kerrigan Film

VGThuy

I doubt we skating fans will get anything new out of it, but I'm sure it'll be informative (even if it's inaccurate) and entertaining as heck for those unfamiliar. Maybe it'll be done really well and really push the theme of blind ambition or something. I hope it doesn't push the eville USFS and Tonya being mistreated thing too far though, but that narrative is simple to digest and really believable for many who also felt unaccepted by the man. I would really like the story to really accept all the grays and nuances of this story rather than the simple black and whites and extremes people like to push.

I smell Oscar nomination for the woman playing Tonya's mom. ;)

C

casken

*Excited*

The Tonya and Nancy TV movie was masterpiece, so I have high exceptions for this.

Rogers wrote his script after doing extensive interviews with both Harding and Gillooly

Interesting. I wonder if it's going to be like the tv movie where they show both versions, or he picks a side.

VGThuy

*Excited*

The Tonya and Nancy TV movie was masterpiece, so I have high exceptions for this.

Interesting. I wonder if it's going to be like the tv movie where they show both versions, or he picks a side.

Some time after NHK and in some random field with the cinematography capturing the sun reflecting upon the fields of gold.

Jeff: "Lu Chen! Surya Bonaly! Yuka Sato!"

I would love to see that movie again.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Anyone got any ideas as to how I could see the TV movie?

ETA: I found it on YT but it's been dubbed in a language I can't understand :(

Last edited:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Wow - she must be hard up for good roles. That is ridiculous.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
I think Robbie's too glamorous and girly to be Tonya. Maybe Ronda Rousey is a better fit.

Oh My God, PERFECT! And I was thinking the same thing. Rhonda!!!!!

Robbie is also from that Will Smith movie but shes too girly and elegant..she could put on a brunette wig and play Nancy but not Tonya.

Im surprised Tinseltown wants to revisit this saga from 22 yrs ago.... I cant imagine there being much interest really... ( I mean aside from all of us here....)

My 2 cents: (just for fun)

Tonya: Amy Schumer, Rhonda, Jennifer Lawrence or Melissa McCarthy

Nancy: Anne Hathaway, Lea Michelle, Selena Gomez or Alicia Vikander

Last edited:
C

casken

Im surprised Tinseltown wants to revisit this saga from 22 yrs ago.... I cant imagine there being much interest really... ( I mean aside from all of us here....)

The OJ Simpsons miniseries is a huge hit on US TV right now, and that's about events from almost the same time period.

At this point, I'm expecting people to revisit the Amy Fisher/ Joey Buttafouco affair for material any time now.

danibellerika

I. Can't. :rofl: That's honestly a complement toward Harding. Though Margot Robbie reminds me of a prettier Jamie Presley. Presley did the trailer park thing pretty well in My Name is Earl. So it could work because, science. And I guess Robbie's a better actress.

Am I the only one who thinks Amy Schumer looks a little like Tonya Harding? She's a comedian, but she's in movies.

Last edited:

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so donā€™t you fork my peas
Robbie might be interested in pulling a Charlize Theron and "go ugly" for a chance at some award noms.

Xela M

I. Can't. :rofl: That's honestly a complement toward Harding. Though Margot Robbie reminds me of a prettier Jamie Presley. Presley did the trailer park thing pretty well in My Name is Earl. So it could work because, science. And I guess Robbie's a better actress.

Margot Robbie is totally like Jamie Presley! And she's quite trashy in the Wolf of Wall Street

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5DZ4SrczABo

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜

Am I the only one who thinks Amy Schumer looks a little like Tonya Harding? She's a comedian, but she's in movies.

Nope, I nominated Amy Schumer in my post about 5 above yours. Even though Amy is comedy she could pull off Tonya

danibellerika

Margot Robbie is totally like Jamie Presley! And she's quite trashy in the Wolf of Wall Street

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5DZ4SrczABo
She is a complete riot in TWOW. One of my favorite movies, lol. She was trashy but she wasn't trailer trashy if you know what I mean? Either way I am confident in her abilities.

Nope, I nominated Amy Schumer in my post about 5 above yours. Even though Amy is comedy she could pull off Tonya
LOL D'oh! Missed that one. But glad to know!

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
Robbie was A-Maaaazing in Z for Zachariah! Didn't even recognize her

I hope they don't demonize Harding

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information