Japan's Hanyu fumes at rival for 'intentional' collision

Meoima

This kind of unfortunate behaviour seems to be part of figure skating too. Maybe Ten really was psyching Hanyu out. It is possible to handle people like that with grace. Maybe gender plays a part in this, to become old fashioned, do females handle this differently from males?
I don't think it has to do with gender. I have sent this to some ladies and they said if it were them in the same situation They'd call out the person who repeatedly cross their right of way many times. It has to do with various personalities.

I'm not trying to say definitely there was ill-intention in all of those footage, it can be just coincidence. However it's understandable why from those footages some people might feel like there was something dubious. It can go both way.

Anyway I think they all have moved on so people can ignore this post already.

Last edited:

Tommmy

@Maex_1980: #figureskate 世界選手権。羽生結弦選手が先ほど、囲み取材に応じました。来季はSP、フリーとも新プログラムを予定。「ハビエルのジャンプを見ていると、氷どうのこうのではなくて、より安定させるために、色々と取り組んでいきたいです」。デニス・テン選手とも握手したそうです

It seems like they shook their hands :encore:

Last edited:

Meoima

@Maex_1980: #figureskate 世界選手権。羽生結弦選手が先ほど、囲み取材に応じました。来季はSP、フリーとも新プログラムを予定。「ハビエルのジャンプを見ていると、氷どうのこうのではなくて、より安定させるために、色々と取り組んでいきたいです」。デニス・テン選手とも握手したそうです

It seems like they shake their hands :encore:
Yeah, I think Yuzuru and Denis have talked and said sorry to each other.

CoolGuy

And of course you had Witt, skating to the music of other people during practice sessions, making new choreography on the spot to the music of her rivals, while her rivals were practising their programs.

You know, I think I would end up doing this if I were a competitive skater just because it would be fun...

bardtoob

I am so glad Yuzuru and Denis found resolution by talking directly with each other.

Fairuza

could we get a translation? am not a member of instagram so cannot login to comments section.
Gosh, that's too incomprehensible to translate. But I'd say Denis could do with a psychologist now. That's one heck of rambling.
But he's bitter. Not in the least apologetic. He does have a grudge.
Do we really want to go into this?

GoddessMode

I'm glad they shook hands, hopefully Denis said sorry. I think Denis is still in defense mode on social media because some japanese fans were attacking him using death threats and slurs because of his korean roots. He has his own issues to worry about and having people attacking you in a very intense manner in your social media doesnt make it better. If there isnt more to this story that we dont know about then this might had been a huge misunderstanding and thats it. Lets hope fans of both sides can leave this behind.

Last edited:

barbarafan

Gosh, that's too incomprehensible to translate. But I'd say Denis could do with a psychologist now. That's one heck of rambling.
But he's bitter. Not in the least apologetic. He does have a grudge.
Do we really want to go into this?

ok i was afraid of that... So my guess is his country's federation told him to do the handshake thingie. He is delusional and over.

Is he not often invited to shows? I am wondering if that avenue will come to a halt. After looking at all the videos I am pretty disgusted with him and hope to never see him skate again in international competition. Hopefully he will be so far down in the rankings that Hanyu never has to skate in another warmup with him.

Fairuza

ok i was afraid of that... So my guess is his country's federation told him to do the handshake thingie. He is delusional and over.

Is he not often invited to shows? I am wondering if that avenue will come to a halt. After looking at all the videos I am pretty disgusted with him and hope to never see him skate again in international competition. Hopefully he will be so far down in the rankings that Hanyu never has to skate in another warmup with him.
I just hope Denis gets over this, as Yuzu seems to have done. and it would be advisable for Denis to close his instagram for comments. Or avoid social media for a while. No need to worry what people are saying about you.
I hope he's not that oblivious next time he practises.

dinakt

I find your venom against Denis incomprehensible. Perhaps you should know that he has his own- very successful- show and he is THE star of his Federation, small though it is, so I seriously doubt Denis was influenced by some "order from above". Most likely, he did what he thought was the right thing to do. There is some bitterness in Instagram- but not at Yuzuru- it seems that Denis faced quite a storm in social media- remember Ashley pre-Olympics and how bad it got? Probably it was that bad, if not worse. As for the need for "psychologist"- Denis has flowery language, all his posts do.
Look, if anybody here dealt with people of great talent- and both Hanyu and Ten have great talent- you know it comes with a lot of emotional (garbage) substance. I fully support @Karpenko's suggestion to go watch Fernandez's LP again.

barbarafan

I find your venom against Denis incomprehensible. Perhaps you should know that he has his own- very successful- show and he is THE star of his Federation, small though it is, so I seriously doubt Denis was influenced by some "order from above". Most likely, he did what he thought was the right thing to do. There is some bitterness in Instagram- but not at Yuzuru- it seems that Denis faced quite a storm in social media- remember Ashley pre-Olympics and how bad it got? Probably it was that bad, if not worse. As for the need for "psychologist"- Denis has flowery language, all his posts do.
Look, if anybody here dealt with people of great talent- and both Hanyu and Ten have great talent- you know it comes with a lot of emotional (garbage) substance. I fully support @Karpenko's suggestion to go watch Fernandez's LP again.

Believe what you like...maybe he won't have his own show any longer

bardtoob

And some think what I said is mean spirited. What you said is cruel, wishing the livelihood of someone from a poor country away.

Last edited:

barbarafan

And some think what I said is mean spirited. What you said is cruel, wishing the livelihood of someone from a poor country away.

oh please.....deliberately crossing the person's right of way at high speeds not once but multiple times is a form of cheating....Then he verbally throws shade on Hanyu instead of apologizing . If he wanted to keep his good name (and his livelihood) he wouldn't of done it..and being after being caught at it he should fade away til people forget..Watch the videos. they speak for themselves.

bardtoob

oh please.....deliberately crossing the person's right of way at high speeds not once but multiple times is a form of cheating....Then he verbally throws shade on Hanyu instead of apologizing . If he wanted to keep his good name (and his livelihood) he wouldn't of done it..and being after being caught at it he should fade away til people forget..Watch the videos. they speak for themselves.

Hanyu accepted Denis' handshake, and that is good enough for me to know there is reconciliation. I don't want to dislike anyone, but you seem to want no forgiveness for some reason when you are not even one of the skaters involved.

glenncoco

Now I imagine the next few months of Denis Ten's life going something like this.

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
Stop living other peoples lives. The fact you get to see them do their jobs and record their actions and work on your phone or computer, the fact you use social media to stay in touch with what they are willing to share does not mean you are their friends, parents or bodygaurds.
They are grown people, fully capable of disolving their problems and mistakes on their own, face to face.
This mob mentality is creepy and frankly sick.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Oh good grief. If Sasha Cohen could be famous for not giving way on practices for years and get sponsors and invites to shows and everything else she got, nothing bad is going to happen to Denis Ten over incidents at one competition.

And it's not cheating to get in someone's way on purpose. It's bad sportsmanship, but not cheating.

MAXSwagg

Oh good grief. If Sasha Cohen could be famous for not giving way on practices for years and get sponsors and invites to shows and everything else she got, nothing bad is going to happen to Denis Ten over incidents at one competition.

And it's not cheating to get in someone's way on purpose. It's bad sportsmanship, but not cheating.

He needs to apologize. It clearly messed with Yuzu's focus. I like Denis but he needs to accept responsibility. He wouldn't be scrutinized or "barked at" like this if he had just did what Hanyu told him and payed more attention. It was kind of arrogant that he just ignored him. This will blow over eventually though. I feel very sorry for Denis because everything's just gone wrong...

Meoima

This is better than anything I could be watching on Netflicks.
:watch:
What a pity the drama is over for you.
-----
エキジビションの日の朝の囲み取材で、羽生はスモールメダルセレモニーの後、行きあったテンに自分から握手を求めて和解したことを明かした。
After the interview on the day of the EX and after the small medal ceremony, Hanyu went to Ten and asked to shake hands with him. Hanyu asked for reconciliation and Ten accepted.

「もちろん彼自身の苦しさもあったし、ぼく自身苦しかったこともありましたけれど、この試合で和解したいなと思っていたので、確かに握手をして和解しました」とさばさばと語った羽生。
Yuzuru: I think Denis too was under a lot of pressure and going through a difficult period, like me. But I felt it was necessary to have reconciliation here and now. We shook hands and we are OK now.
------
Translated by Ayako Nakamura from Facebook group

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information