Grand Prix De France 2023 - Ladies SP “Don’t Rain on my Blah Skate”

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Higuchi - just an unbelievable step up in basic skating quality. Double axel deserved a +3. Not sure about the rotation about either jump in the combo. Double flip (e) (0 points) will hurt but bonus points for the cantilever leading into it. I liked an illusion ending to a spin, for once. Not sure about ending the program with a relatively weak layback.
Lutz looked okay, toe looked short which is pretty much her norm

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Wakaba looked like she was really speeding across the ice which I love, and she has gorgeous skating, but I've always found her to be a little rough around the edges and that hasn't changed

Glad to see her back though

tony

7.5 or so PCS is a little rough I think, as disinterested I was in the composition. She has great deep edges, speed, and overall skating skills even if her stretch and posture is not so good.

This judging panel is very conservative so far.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Schild has the jerkiest take-offs

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Drat these camera angles. I can't tell if Lorine's jumps are tilted or it's an optical illusion.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Schild got the jumps done but with a major Eteri-girl edge pull between the jumps in the combo and Liashenko-like telegraphing on the loop. Flying camel entry was anemic but I liked the spin otherwise.

skatingguy

decently
Schild, Lorine 🇫🇷
Coach: Malika Tahir
Music: Ojos de Serpiente by DORA

3Lz+3T - got through it
3Lo
Ch Combo Spin 3
Step Sequence 2
Fly Camel Spin 4
2A

Layback Spin 3

Choreographed by Gabrielle Papadakis, and the program had some nice touches. Schild's skating needs more fluidity, and body positions more stretch.

58.80 = 3rd Place

skatingguy

decently
Jyrkinen, Janna 🇫🇮
Coach: Marina Shirshova
Music: Flower by Brooklyn Duo; Flowers by Miley Cyrus

leilaofpaper

This is an interesting instrumental version of Flowers into the actual version. Not the outfit I would’ve thought would go with this music but sure I guess.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Jyrkinen competing with Mazzara for last with 0 points for axel ( :yikes: at the technique) and loop plus a turn between 3Lz and 2T. Not sure of the benefit of starting with the violin Muzak.

tony

Remember this decision to give an (non-host) event to Jyrkinen was one of the only choices that didn't make much sense in the initial selections. Disaster skate.

Her skating is so rough.

skatingguy

decently
Jyrkinen, Janna 🇫🇮
Coach: Marina Shirshova
Music: Flower by Brooklyn Duo; Flowers by Miley Cyrus

3Lz!q+2T - 3-turns between jumps
1A* - invalid element
Fly Camel Spin 3
2Lo* - invalid element
Step Sequence 3

Ch Combo Spin 4