Grand Prix De France 2023 - Ladies SP “Don’t Rain on my Blah Skate”

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Sumiyoshi: blood in the water early on that axel. I want to see the other two jumps on replay. Spins underwhelming but I kinda dig the program. Could eventually be good.

skatingguy

decently
Sumyoshi, Rion 🇯🇵
Coach: Koji Okajima, Noriko Sato
Music: Blood in the Water by KSHMR

2Aq - fall
3F+3T
Ch Combo Spin 4
3Lz
Layback Spin 2
Step Sequence 3

Fly Camel Spin 3

Rough way to start the program, but everything else was well done.

61.72 = 1st Place

Last edited:

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Oh I liked Rion, such a shame about that double axel. Hope it doesn’t bury her too much.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Serna is the most well-rounded French woman by far, and she skated really well in Budapest. 3Lz+2T plan, eh.

I think Joubert was with her at the Masters earlier in the season, so the Huth change must be very recent? Or maybe I'm misremembering.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I really enjoyed that from Lea! Her presentation has often looked a bit awkward, but she seemed a lot more natural here - like she was really feeling the music, instead of just following the step-by-step moves that someone else laid out for her.

skatingguy

decently
Serna, Lea 🇫🇷
Coach: Michael Huth, Robert Dierking
Music: I am Fire by J2, Eivor

2A
3Lz+2T
Fly Camel Spin 4

3F! - hung on - really close to the boards
Ch Combo Spin 3
Step Sequence 3

Layback Spin 3

The jumps were very French. The Lutz rotation was too open to get a triple-triple, and the flip went way into the corner & she nearly ran out of room.

58.75 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

Private Citizen

Serna not really fire but getting it done. Lutz looked flutzy to me; not sure about the flip rotation. Fascinating to watch the judges switch back and forth between writing paper notes and their tablets.

skatingguy

decently
Higuchi, Wakaba 🇯🇵
Coach: Koji Okajima
Music: Never Tear Us Apart by Bishop Briggs, Andrew Farriss, Michael Hutchence

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The flip is a MAJOR outside edge and won't get any points anyways, but why she doesn't just do the beauty of a loop she has is beyond me.

This program is kinda just there. She's capable of much better and has already shown such.

skatingguy

decently
Higuchi, Wakaba 🇯🇵
Coach: Koji Okajima
Music: Never Tear Us Apart by Bishop Briggs, Andrew Farriss, Michael Hutchence

2A
3Lz+3T<

Fly Camel Spin 4
Ch Combo Spin 4

2F* - invalid element
Step Sequence 4
Layback Spin 4

Great to have Wakaba back. Too bad about the flip.

60.29 = 2nd Place

Private Citizen

Higuchi - just an unbelievable step up in basic skating quality. Double axel deserved a +3. Not sure about the rotation about either jump in the combo. Double flip (e) (0 points) will hurt but bonus points for the cantilever leading into it. I liked an illusion ending to a spin, for once. Not sure about ending the program with a relatively weak layback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information