Canadian Pairs 2017/2018 Season News and Updates

RoseRed

The thing is, do any of these junior pairs have side-by-side triples? I can't remember which jumps Matte/Ferland were doing last year in juniors. (Whatever they were, they were not consistent with them ...) And I don't believe Marvaldi/Villeneuve had SBS triples when they were skating for the U.S.; but maybe that's changed??
I believe only Choinard/Ostiguy, at least as far as we've seen in comp. Since Marvaldi/Villeneuve are still junior eligible (he doesn't turn 21 until July 2nd), if they don't have at least one yet, I would think juniors might be a good choice for them this season.

ETA: is this a double or triple? I can barely see it on my phone. https://www.instagram.com/p/BiF_ulRFsuo/?hl=en&taken-by=dmwvilleneuve_

Mad for Skating

I posted that earlier in the CDN pairs and dance split thread :)

Oops sorry, I missed that!

So who will be skating senior pairs next season!?!

Last season who seem to still be together:

Julianne Seguin / Charlie Bilodeau
Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro
Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud
Camille Ruest / Drew Wolfe

Should def move on up from juniors:

Lori-Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland
Mariah McCaw / Steven Adcock
Chloe Choinard / Mathieu Ostiguy
Gabriella Marvaldi / Daniel Villeneuve

In search of a partner:

Maxime Deschamps
Francis Boudreau-Audet

Any others?

Lubov and Maxime for 2022 Olympic pairs champs!!!

DFO

Shalena Rau and Steven Lapointe have partnered as per Patinage Québec: https://patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Athlète-B-2018-2019.pdf

Also interesting to note Steven Lapointe former partner, Chloé Panetta is now with Benjamin Mimar, probably in junior.

Also William St-Louis who was last year with Veronique Turbide in novice is now with Laurence Cormier. I don't think she had previous pair experience. My guess is they will be in Novice for this season.

barbarafan

Also interesting to note Steven Lapointe former partner, Chloé Panetta is now with Benjamin Mimar, probably in junior.

Also William St-Louis who was last year with Veronique Turbide in novice is now with Laurence Cormier. I don't think she had previous pair experience. My guess is they will be in Novice for this season.

What is Equipe B mean??

DFO

IIRC, Équipe B is for single skaters who were in Novice or pre-novice and Dance and Pairs that were in JR, Novice or pré-novice.

Last edited:

barbarafan

And if you Wonder who are on Québec Team Équipe A, here they are:
https://patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Athlètes-EX-A-NG-2018-2019.pdf

Thank-you so much....I looked on Patinage.Qc.Ca avidly and only found last years. So I think most everyone I have noticed and am sorta following (in all 4 disciplines)are on one or the other lists which is good. I am only missing one in dance Claudio Pietrantonio who apparently did find a new partner and would be Senior this season. His ex-partner Alicia Fabbri is on the B team with her new partner. Everyone on the A team for dance skates at Gadbois.

RoseRed

Thank-you so much....I looked on Patinage.Qc.Ca avidly and only found last years. So I think most everyone I have noticed and am sorta following (in all 4 disciplines)are on one or the other lists which is good. I am only missing one in dance Claudio Pietrantonio who apparently did find a new partner and would be Senior this season. His ex-partner Alicia Fabbri is on the B team with her new partner. Everyone on the A team for dance skates at Gadbois.
Do we know if Claudio's new partner is Canadian? I believe he said in his IPS bio that he was open to skating for other countries (was it Italy specifically?).

barbarafan

Do we know if Claudio's new partner is Canadian? I believe he said in his IPS bio that he was open to skating for other countries (was it Italy specifically?).

I don't remember that. I know they both said they would not relocate. I have no insider info. It was someone on here who said they both had found partners and I got the name of Alicia's from the B list provided by DFO.

barbarafan

I will really miss seeing Luba in competition. I had hoped she would continue with another partner. But I'm glad she has this great opportunity with Cirque du Soleil. 😊

Me too...but I don't think there is anyone out there available for her skillset. I did hope though we would see her behind the boards passing on those beautiful lines ,athletic ability and work ethic. It is definitely Canada's loss. I hope she truly enjoys the Cirque and has a wonderful time. She so deserves it.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Meanwhile Dylan is performing on a completely different stage:
Master Class Proudly Presents: All The Devils Are Here

A new play written by Michael Mclay, premiering at this seasons London Fringe Festival!​
Description: Patience and commitment are tested as two men are left waiting to receive orders in a safe house. Tensions mount as the new generation attempts to prove themselves against the wisdom of a veteran. A discussion of life, death, and personal philosophies ensue.​
Starring: Michael Mclay and Dylan David Moscovitch​
Show times:​
Thursday May 31: 9:30pm​
Saturday June 2: 7:00pm​
Monday June 4: 7:00pm​
Wednesday June 6: 8:30pm​
Thursday June 7: 5:30pm​
Friday June 8: 8:30pm​
For More Information and Advanced Tickets: https://londonfringe.ca/festivals/londo ... ival/event

Mad for Skating

I will really miss seeing Luba in competition. I had hoped she would continue with another partner. But I'm glad she has this great opportunity with Cirque du Soleil. 😊

I'm not sure whether to cheer or to cry, but I wish her the best!

Meanwhile Dylan is performing on a completely different stage:

Our dear Dylan? That's so awesome!!!

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
And if you Wonder who are on Québec Team Équipe A, here they are:
https://patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Athlètes-EX-A-NG-2018-2019.pdf
Okay, I know this is the pairs thread, but . . . no Weaver and Poje? Did I miss an announcement?
Looks like Cirque du Soleil's newest show includes ice skating. . . so we may see her in BOTH skating and acrobatic roles.

barbarafan

If this is true, I'm down for it! She might be the boost they need next season!
Although tbh, I wish they'd call up Luba so she can teach them about extension in the lifts.
extensions and lines in everything would be good from Luba..along with most of the elements. Oh well. I guess it was not meant to be. We all have to eat and have a roof over our head and the need for plan B jumped it's timeline by a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information