2025 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Boston

AnnM

My credit card was also charged last night and I booked a phone appt for 11/27.

I'm going to be generous and assume that they left time in their day to field unscheduled phone calls and emails from people seeking to change seats within 10 days in addition to the scheduled calls ... like the way restaurants will take reservations but still have tables for walk-ins.

peibeck

Simply looking
I'm still confused as to why they are saying a rep will call within 3 business days, but then having people schedule a time to speak with a representative up to 6 weeks (or more) later? If the order will be filled in order of placement that makes no sense to me. I wasn't able to get an appointment til mid December (thanks, no phone internet connectivity at work!). When they used this same process when they held Nationals last in Boston it was also a bit rocky (but better organized than this), which is why I assumed they abandoned it for Worlds two years later.

USFS offered a lower processing fee for all event tix via Ticketmaster for Nashville Nationals in the Olympic year. So I don't buy that is the sole reason for handling the ticket orders like this.

Sadly the Boston skating club rep who previously posted here on FSU for Nationals and Worlds and kept us well appraised apparently isn't able to do that any longer. Meh....

BittyBug

Disgusted
Not trying to dump on the LOC again, but ....
But go ahead and dump on the LOC again. Some people (not just you) will always find a reason to be unhappy.

For 2003, my ticket request was completely blind and I didn't find out which seats I had until a few weeks before the event. Not much different for 2009 in LA - you emailed your request and you got what you got.

Here they are at least trying to offer more customization while saving you Ticketmaster fees (which y'all would have complained about :lol: ), but OMG, it's "a mess." :rolleyes: Maybe try focusing on the positive (money you're saving), or if you want instant gratification, wait to buy tix once they go on Ticketmaster.

Can't wait for the shuttle rants. :saint:

beebee

As I previously posted, I completed my order at 10:04 am Wed, Friday credit card was charged, no longer pending.
And I just go an email confirming my first choice seat! Wheee!!!!!!!
Did you order tickets for the Exhibition and if so, does your confirmation mention it? Even though I ordered All-Event and Exhibition tickets, the confirmation just lists All-Event tickets on it.

HisWeirness

pork cutlet bowl fatale
Did you order tickets for the Exhibition and if so, does your confirmation mention it? Even though I ordered All-Event and Exhibition tickets, the confirmation just lists All-Event tickets on it.
Yes, my exhibition tickets were mentioned in my confirmation email. I ordered tickets for the exhibition and it was itemized with one table row for the all event tickets and one for the exhibition tickets.

I received the confirmation email Sunday evening and bought the tickets at 10am on Wednesday. I received my first choice of seats :cheer2:

beebee

Yes, my exhibition tickets were mentioned in my confirmation email. I ordered tickets for the exhibition and it was itemized with one table row for the all event tickets and one for the exhibition tickets.

I received the confirmation email Sunday evening and bought the tickets at 10am on Wednesday. I received my first choice of seats :cheer2:
Thanks for letting me know. I ordered Exhibition tickets for two of my three All-Events and was charged for them. I'll have to enquire about this.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
But go ahead and dump on the LOC again. Some people (not just you) will always find a reason to be unhappy.

For 2003, my ticket request was completely blind and I didn't find out which seats I had until a few weeks before the event. Not much different for 2009 in LA - you emailed your request and you got what you got.

Here they are at least trying to offer more customization while saving you Ticketmaster fees (which y'all would have complained about :lol: ), but OMG, it's "a mess." :rolleyes: Maybe try focusing on the positive (money you're saving), or if you want instant gratification, wait to buy tix once they go on Ticketmaster.

Can't wait for the shuttle rants. :saint:
People are dropping thousands of dollars on tickets. I think they have a valid concern with the mixed/unclear messaging. I don't think anyone has accused the the LOC for doing a horrible job or ungrateful for holding the event but maybe I have them on ignore. If they just said tickets would be issued in fall of 2024 I don't think you would be seeing the same concerns because we would all be in the same boat. It is also possible you wouldn't hear this chatter and interest about the tickets but at least people are wanting to go. I only used the shuttles at 2006 St. Louis Nationals because there was no easy way to get to that 2nd arena. All of the other events I just walked or took mass transit.

I was able to make an appointment for today at 2:30pm because I randomly went to the website last night and saw a closer appointment available. Ben called at 12:15pm today I we briefly talked about the seats available and I let them go because I'm sure they are busy. They said the blacked out areas behind the judges were requested by the IOC and might be released at a later date. They said they would inform me via email if other seats became available otherwise I will just stay in the seat we have. I told them I look forward to seeing them in 2025.

AnnM

My order went through just after 7:15am on Wednesday and I just received confirmation. I was assigned seats in my 1st choice section, 2nd choice row, and assigned the "next best available" seats which are adjacent to the exact seats I requested. I'm pretty satisfied with the assignment, but will still inquire about options on Monday. With other people possibly changing their seats in the interim you never know what might become available!

Last edited:

skipaway

I did too. I assume if you want to ask for a different seat than what was offered, you would email them?

peibeck

Simply looking
I got my email and got a ticket for my preferred section, but not row or seat. I guess I'll wait until I talk to them next month and try and get an find an accurate (numbered) seating chart before I ask if they have something closer to my request, or simply ask them to refund my money.

Firedancer

I got my email today too. I got the section I requested but a little bit further back. I’m not sure yet if I am going to try to change the seats.

AnnM

Looking at a different online seating map, I may have gotten the actual seats I requested too. The LOC map has seats numbered up to 20 in some rows, but other places online have the seats going up to 18 in those same rows. I guess this will be my topic of discussion during my phone call on Monday.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I'm in a corner section:( which is not what I requested. I dunno....I think I was at an end section for the 2014 gala, and it wasn't bad, but meh...

From my confirmation email:

Thank you for purchasing three All-Event tickets to the ISU World Figure Skating Championships® 2025 in Boston. Please review your order below. You have ten (10) business days from the date of this email to request a one-time change in your seat location.

Not an exact answer to your question, but at least you know you won't be stuck, just in case...
So my confirmation email omits that part.

"Thank you for purchasing 4 All-Event and Exhibition of Champions tickets to the ISU World Figure Skating Championships® 2025 in Boston. Please review your order below. If you received a seat assignment different from your original request, you were tentatively assigned the next best available seat based on your indicated preferences."

Since I'm a few sections off my order, I will try to change them, even though the only way I know that is an option is this thread!

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Has anyone received Loge 19 row 14 seats 13-15? I want to make sure my seats haven’t been given to someone else since I’m still trying to get written confirmation of my presale phone order.

ice coverage

I placed my order around 12:45 pm ET on Nov 15 (first day of regular sale).
This morning received e-mail with tentative seat assignment. :)

... I assume if you want to ask for a different seat than what was offered, you would email them?

But I don't love my tentative seat -- several sections away from what I requested.
I have e-mailed a long-ish reply to inquire about other options, although depending on availability, maybe I will end up accepting the tentative seat. :unsure:
Even if(??) it were to take a week before I receive another e-mail, it still would be before my phone appointment (which I also am keeping 😇).

... Ben called at 12:15pm today ...

If he is the same Ben who patiently gave me a lot of help at the time of 2022 Skate America, he is a superstar. I can't thank him enough. 👏

Last edited:

Iceblink

I have section 17, row 11, and from what I can tell from the seating charts I'm on the aisle next to section 18. I panicked when placing my order and just picked at random, so I hope I like my seat!

Gayo

I’m in section 8, row 11, seat 1. Randomly picked that section on 11/15 hoping that I could get row 11. Very happy with the result.

peibeck

Simply looking
Has anyone received Loge 19 row 14 seats 13-15? I want to make sure my seats haven’t been given to someone else since I’m still trying to get written confirmation of my presale phone order.

I’m in section 19, row 14! (Not those seats, though.) I got my confirmation this morning.
Delighted to make your acquaintance!

We are all row neighbors then. I'm across the aisle from T&Bfan though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information