2023 Skate America Exhibition Gala

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I cannot stand exhibitions on TV but it is so much fun live. I am going to rant though, they had top 5 for every discipline except dance. IAM getting a majority of their teams in and Taschlers not there is super annoying. :mitchell:

And we all agreed, Levito needs to go for that style of costume in the future. She looked fabulous.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Rewatching the end of the gala, gazing in wonder at Ilia Malinin performing three Raspberries in a row!!! 👏

I last remember seeing a Skate America gala on TV (ABC) during the Roslyn/Elaine/Scott/Carruthers/ Judy&Mike days (my Golden Era!).

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
That was fun but oy vey the lighting

LOVED Lopareva/Brissaud. Smart/Dieck was very fun. Olivia did tell me she did indeed get the champagne in her eye but said since the audience enjoyed the program it was all worth it :rofl:
She's a trouper!

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
What a great gala! It makes me wonder whether the venue or the Fed constructed the list of invitees to include the best show skaters! Almost every routine was worth watching.

Speaking of show skaters
The Browns are adorable and would kill on any show circuit

This photo shows several reasons why. Skating super close with remarkable synchronicity. Shoot, even their hair works.

And they already do kill in shows! They frequently perform with the Ice Theater of NY troupe and have done so for some time. Their choreographer, Joel Dear, is the official ITNY choreographer. See their bio on the ITNY website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information