2022 Skate Canada - Mississauga! (Excitement/Planning Thread)

quartz

scratching at the light
Well then he should go! This Northern Ontario girl keeps forgetting you can fish “down there”. :shuffle:
Yeah, there‘s a few cricks, a couple of ponds we prone-to-exaggeration-Southerners refer to as lakes (Erie, Ontario - you can spit across them when the wind is right) an obscure trickly bit known locally as Niagara Falls, and then that bucket of water eventually flows into the tiny stream of the St.Lawrence which then empties it’s few gallons into the minor tub of the Atlantic Ocean.
Ya gotta make the most of what ya got, right? 🤷🏼‍♀️
The husband caught a fish in 1993! and another in 2006! so we know for sure there are definitely fish in these parts! Bring your husband and he can join in the fishing adventure fun “down here” too! :lol:

kimkom

Yeah, there‘s a few cricks, a couple of ponds we prone-to-exaggeration-Southerners refer to as lakes (Erie, Ontario - you can spit across them when the wind is right) an obscure trickly bit known locally as Niagara Falls, and then that bucket of water eventually flows into the tiny stream of the St.Lawrence which then empties it’s few gallons into the minor tub of the Atlantic Ocean.
Ya gotta make the most of what ya got, right? 🤷🏼‍♀️
The husband caught a fish in 1993! and another in 2006! so we know for sure there are definitely fish in these parts! Bring your husband and he can join in the fishing adventure fun “down here” too! :lol:

Bahahaha! I totally deserved that. :rofl: :rofl:

quartz

scratching at the light
Seriously, bring your husband - he and mine would get along just fine - they could fish (river fishing, not boat fishing, so chest waders and hiking are required), and talk about northern Ontario things. My husband was born in your town and has family history up in that area with the railroads.
And they can shake their heads in bewildered solidarity at their weird wives who like to watch guys in sparkles and ruffles twirl about in skates.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Mine is coming with me. I'm not sure if he would attend any if the competition or not but we intend to come on Monday before to do some things in Toronto

Sylvia

TBD
"All-event tickets for the 2022 Skate Canada International will be available for pre-sale on Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at 10:00 AM ET, and on sale to the public on Monday, June 27, 2022, at 10:00 AM ET. The 2022 Skate Canada International will take place in Mississauga, Ont., at Paramount Fine Foods Centre, from October 28-30, 2022."
For fans looking to find that perfect seat, please be advised that the judges’ stand will be located between Aisle 18-22 and the Kiss & Cry is located between Aisle 1 and 26.

Jammers

Will Skate Canada be the first event hosted by Canada to have a crowd since Canadian Nationals in 2020?

once_upon

Better off than 2020
It won't let me get tickets, I don't live in Canada and don't have a Canada Province or Canada zip code.

See you Monday I guess

shutterbug

It won't let me get tickets, I don't live in Canada and don't have a Canada Province or Canada zip code.

See you Monday I guess
FWIW, the only tickets available on the long side of the rink opposite the judges started at Row H. Maybe you'll have access to better seats in the general sale? 🤷‍♀️

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information