2019 Chesapeake Open (incl. DANCE + camp), June 19-22 in Laurel, MD

Dobre

1- Wolfkostin Chen 61points
2- Brown Brown 55 points

Ah. And there you go.

(Last year the Browns' third place in the RD here was the first upset of the season, and here we have the first one of this season. I thought W&C had decent odds to outmatch her results from last season. We'll see how the FD goes).

Lara111

Ah. And there you go.

(Last year the Browns' third place in the RD here was the first upset of the season, and here we have the first one of this season. I thought W&C had decent odds to outmatch her results from last season. We'll see how the FD goes).
Competition is lower this season. I wish we could see Zhao in this RD particularly with his good lines and posture. Chen always was clumsy and still is.

YukiNieve

Last edited:

Debbie S

I personally thought Greens were really good thinking it is still early in the season. :)
I assume you mean the Browns? ;)

Will you be there tmrw? I will be running around from noon-2, then monitoring 2-4, then up in awards. Come say hi. :)

YukiNieve

Thanks for the correction, Debbie.
Yes, that is what I meant. :wall:

I Plan to return tomorrow. Where will the award ceremony be held?

Debbie S

Based on a photo I was sent to post on the comp IG, the winners of Intermediate FD were Kristina Bland/Gabriel Francis (they also won a trophy :)). I don't see anything posted on IDC FB yet.

Debbie S

And the Peals won! :)

I only saw the last group of Novice Ladies SP. I liked Hannnah Byers' program to Love and Fly Me to the Moon. She landed 3S, looked like she was going for 2A but popped to single. Good speed and expression. Her coach was a riot. He practically skated the program with her from behind the boards, complete with the arm movements and facial expressions. :lol:

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks to @YukiNieve for these 2 partial RD fan cam videos:
Brown/Brown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKIgj7e7w6A
Ales/Tsarik (music from Cabaret): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhNXwbaLEYo

ETA that the Gardens Ice House rink has streaming via LiveBarn for hockey games ("available via a monthly subscription basis starting at $14.95/month").

Novice combined dance podium today: https://www.instagram.com/p/By-uYOPl-xg/

Intermediate Pattern Dance medalists podium: https://www.instagram.com/p/By6QNOSlW4e/
Based on a photo I was sent to post on the comp IG, the winners of Intermediate FD were Kristina Bland/Gabriel Francis (they also won a trophy :)).
4 fun photos of the Pre-Juvenile Rhythm Blues/Fiesta Tango podium: https://www.instagram.com/p/By8K9khljTu/

Last edited:

platniumangel

Results aren’t up for Junior FD yet. I watched the last group. All the teams in the last flight was wonderful!

Lots of teams withdrew from FD including Ales and Tsarek.

Dobre

Regarding Novice FD, I felt Emimova Zhao should have been second. I agree with the Peals being in 1st. 😊

Thank you for all your comments!

Efimova & Zhao had a 1.00 deduction. Actually, without it, they would have defeated the Peals on the combined score. These three teams all came in super close when you combine the compulsories with the FDs.

Z

ZilphaK

Just a heads up that if you have a LiveBarn account, there are cameras in Gardens Ice House and you can see all the programs live and on replay.

Dobre

Combined RD & FD Junior Dance Results:
(Scores are blurry even when I zoom in and the math here is not quite right so I'm getting some digits wrong, but the totals seem close-ish)

150.33 Wolfkostin & Chen (RD 61.08 , FD 89.25)
135.69 Brown & Brown (RD 55.07, FD 80.62)
109.10 Lavrova & Gart (RD 43.34, FD 65.86)
73.95 Taylor & Volmer (RD 27.85, FD 45.10)
51.18 Bottesch(sp?) & Sokol (RD 24.24, FD 26.94)

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:
Z

ZilphaK

Senior Ladies SP

Emily Zhang
2A
3S+3L (attempt? couldn't see clearly, looked like wonky landing)
3F fall

Sarah Jung
3Lz fall
1 waxel
3F+2T

No scores announced

Dobre

Woah! Wolfkostin/Chen are making quite a splash! Good for them. Fun to see a new team make it happen.

Yes, kudos to W&C! 14 points above the team that finished 4th at Junior Nationals last season (3rd in the RD). A team that finished 5 spots above Wolfkostin & Zhao at the same competition.

*It's not that surprising from a two-year away perspective though. Both Wolfkostin & Zhao and Buckley & Chen defeated the Browns in novices at the 2018 Nationals. Which was one of the reasons it was such a surprise when the Browns upset the apple cart last year.

Anyway, it's a nice solid score for W&C at the start of the season. Puts them in the conversation. Will be fun to see how all the teams progress through the summer. Looking forward to seeing the new programs and all the players.

Last edited:

Debbie S

Last year here, the Greens finished behind N/K and G/S. We now know that was at least partly due to Caroline dealing with an illness. My point is that early-season comps are unpredictable and often don't mirror what happens later in the season. Probably not worth it to do deep analysis of these results.

It was a great performance by W/C and hopefully all teams will continue to improve as the season goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information