oleada

Thanks!

Some notable names:
Jr Men: Matei Vetlugin, Evgeni Semenenko, Andreu Kutovoy
Jr Ladies: Kamila Valieva, Daria Usacheva, Maya Kromykh
Jr. Pairs: Vislobokova/Bryukanov, Mukhortova/Evgenyev

hanca

Values her privacy
Mukhortova/Evgenev really impressed me. Even though they are not quite there technically yet (their technical mark was only 6th out of 11 pairs, they have only double twist and the lift looked also that it could do with a bit more work), they seem to have something special in the way they skate together. The judges saw it too, they have second highest PCS and that helped them get silver medal. They seem to have very good skating skills and good skills skating together as a pair. They both have been singles skaters until relatively recently, but one wouldn’t guess that from watching them. When I saw Boikova/Kozlovski and Duskova/Bidar in their first season, both those pairs had great singles elements like jumps, ok pair elements but anything that happens between elements was a bit awkward and messy. Well, Mukhortova/Evgenev have great singles elements, they still need to improve some of their pair elements but their skating in between elements really makes them watchable. I hope they improve the technical mark within the next 4 months, then get invited to test skates in August and get JGP next season. I am definitely fan from now on.

I can’t get into Vislobokova/Briukanov. They deserved to win and are likely to get JGP next season, but I can’t say I enjoy watching them. They look so messy on the ice. It is as if they had no sense of beat and rushed through both their programs regardless the music. All their moves are unfinished. It is constant rushing, chasing the music; someone should explain to them that skating fast doesn’t mean rushing through the music. When there are some highlights in music and the choreography had a move that would help to express the music, they usually manage to mistime it and do it just before or after the beat... Usually watching the skating creates some feelings in me, but watching this pair skating just hurts my aesthetic feelings. Maybe they need a music that doesn’t have any rhytm whatsoever. They they can’t be out of beat.

hanca

Values her privacy
Thanks!

I don't supposed you'd know why Akatieva is not with the group?
Jr Ladies: Kamila Valieva, Daria Usacheva, Maya Kromykh ...
Isn’t she too young? It is only ladies/men born 2002-2006, she is born 2007. Same as Samodelkina.

WillyElliot

Tanning one day, then wearing a winter coat today.
I am so impressed with the top three girls. Valieva is amazing. And she is the perfect age to be 15 for the Olympic season. There are so many talented girls in Russia. I'd really be okay if they were farmed out to former Soviet countries.

oleada

Mukhortova/Evgenev really impressed me. Even though they are not quite there technically yet (their technical mark was only 6th out of 11 pairs, they have only double twist and the lift looked also that it could do with a bit more work), they seem to have something special in the way they skate together. The judges saw it too, they have second highest PCS and that helped them get silver medal. They seem to have very good skating skills and good skills skating together as a pair. They both have been singles skaters until relatively recently, but one wouldn’t guess that from watching them. When I saw Boikova/Kozlovski and Duskova/Bidar in their first season, both those pairs had great singles elements like jumps, ok pair elements but anything that happens between elements was a bit awkward and messy. Well, Mukhortova/Evgenev have great singles elements, they still need to improve some of their pair elements but their skating in between elements really makes them watchable. I hope they improve the technical mark within the next 4 months, then get invited to test skates in August and get JGP next season. I am definitely fan from now on.

I can’t get into Vislobokova/Briukanov. They deserved to win and are likely to get JGP next season, but I can’t say I enjoy watching them. They look so messy on the ice. It is as if they had no sense of beat and rushed through both their programs regardless the music. All their moves are unfinished. It is constant rushing, chasing the music; someone should explain to them that skating fast doesn’t mean rushing through the music. When there are some highlights in music and the choreography had a move that would help to express the music, they usually manage to mistime it and do it just before or after the beat... Usually watching the skating creates some feelings in me, but watching this pair skating just hurts my aesthetic feelings. Maybe they need a music that doesn’t have any rhytm whatsoever. They they can’t be out of beat.

I agree that Mukhortova/Evgeniev have a ton of potential. For a team that's not only brand new to each other but new to pairs, they match each other incredibly well, particularly in the SP. Their spins were much better synchronized than teams with years of being together! She was always really polished as a single skater, and she's the same ways as a pair skater. I'm glad she made the switch. Their lifts need work, and the twist is only a double, which is to be expected at this point, but I hope they can upgrade them over the off season and snag a JGP. I can't see Russia sending them to a JGP with only a double twist.

I like Vislobokova/Briukanov well enough, so don't agree there. That said her triple jumps are completely hopeless every time I've watched them.

Sylvia

TBD
1 Kamila VALIEVA Moscow, TSSO "Sambo-70", department "Crystal" MOS 78.10 [SP Video]
2 Daria USACHEVA Moscow, SSO "Sambo-70", department "Crystal" MOS 72.21 [SP Video]
3 Maya LAME KHROMYKH Moscow, TsSSO "Sambo-70", branch "Crystal" MOS 70.52 [SP Video]
4 Victoria SAFONOVA Moscow, TSSO "Sambo-70", department "Tchaikovsky Horse" MOS 66.20 [SP Video]
5 Nicole VAITKUS St. Petersburg, SSHOR "Star Ice" SPB 64.59 [SP Video]

1 Ilya YABLOKOV Moscow, SSOR "Moskvich" MOS 78.35 [SP Video]
2 Matvei VETLUGIN Moscow, SSHOR "Moskvich" MOS 77.39 [SP Video]
3 Andrei KUTOVOY Moscow, SShor CSKA them. S.A. Beetle MOS 74.26 [SP Video]
4 Andrei MOZALEV St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg School SPB 72.56 [SP Video]
5 Georgy KUNITSA Moscow, TSSO "Sambo-70", branch "Crystal" MOS 72.37 [SP Video]

https://fsrussia.ru/results/1819/olimpic_hopes1819/ss/index.htm

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
1 Kamila VALIEVA Moscow, TSSO "Sambo-70", department "Crystal" MOS 78.10 [SP Video]
2 Daria USACHEVA Moscow, SSO "Sambo-70", department "Crystal" MOS 72.21 [SP Video]
3 Maya LAME Moscow, TsSSO "Sambo-70", branch "Crystal" MOS 70.52 [SP Video]
4 Victoria SAFONOVA Moscow, TSSO "Sambo-70", department "Tchaikovsky Horse" MOS 66.20 [SP Video]
5 Nicole VAITKUS St. Petersburg, SSHOR "Star Ice" SPB 64.59 [SP Video]

1 Ilya YABLOKOV Moscow, SSOR "Moskvich" MOS 78.35 [SP Video]
2 Matvei VETLUGIN Moscow, SSHOR "Moskvich" MOS 77.39 [SP Video]
3 Andrei KUTOVOY Moscow, SShor CSKA them. S.A. Beetle MOS 74.26 [SP Video]
4 Andrei MOZALEV St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg School SPB 72.56 [SP Video]
5 Georgy KUNITSA Moscow, TSSO "Sambo-70", branch "Crystal" MOS 72.37 [SP Video]

https://fsrussia.ru/results/1819/olimpic_hopes1819/ss/index.htm
Maya LAME? Poor Khromykh.
Are we also going to call Morozov as Mr Frost?

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Final standings after FS:
Ladies
1 Kamila VALIEVA Moscow, TSSO "Sambo-70", department "Crystal" MOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mExSZKFwNDo
2 Maya KHROMYKH Moscow, TsSSO "Sambo-70", branch "Crystal" MOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX6jdn28t1s
3 Daria USACHEVA Moscow, SSO "Sambo-70", department "Crystal" MOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmQIrx3-sxI

Men
1 Andrei MOZALEV St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg School SPB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6lFmza41O4
2 Matvei VETLUGIN Moscow, SSHOR "Moskvich" MOS 77.3
(for some odd reason, no video, yet?)
3 Georgy KUNITSA Moscow, TSSO "Sambo-70", branch "Crystal" MOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WutKLO-u5-k

Videos on this site (as always).
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFSRussia/videos

DobrinFan

Erokhov injured himself today :( Popped his 4Sal into a double, did a sit spin and immediately stopped. It was written all over his face that something was not right (right foot?). He went to the judges and withdrew :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information