Away (Workload)
MEN'S COMPETITION - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Javier Fernandez - 189.47 Free Skate
2. Nathan Chen - 178.46 Free Skate
3. Shoma Uno - 175.45 Free Skate
4. Nobunari Oda - 158.24 Free Skate
5. Jeremy Abbott - 143.48
6. Alexei Bychenko - 128.52 Free Skate

As the silly team competition is so fake, I have done the results in the conventional manner

I Would watch these videos as quickly as possible if I were you, as in previous years they are likely to be taken down very quickly

Last edited:

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
LADIES COMPETITION - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Evgenia Medvedeva - 152.08 Free Skate (Promo Vid 1, Promo Vid 2)
2. Mai Mihara - 147.83 Free Skate (Promo Vid)
3. Alina Zagitova - 145.28 Free Skate
4. Mirai Nagasu - 134.69 Free Skate
5. Marin Honda - 133.41 Free Skate (Promo Vid)
6. Karen Chen - 116.32 Free Skate

As the silly team competition is so fake, I have done the results in the conventional manner

I Would watch these videos as quickly as possible if I were you, as in previous years they are likely to be taken down very quickly

Last edited:

seabm7

Hmm, the vid of Abbott is not available yet. I heard his choreographer is Benoit Richaud. By the way, who choreographed Nobunari Oda's program?

olympic

Good job for Nathan despite the fall on the 4F. I really noted that his choreography, interpretation and non-jump elements (spins) look better than at the US Intl. Classic last month. I wonder if that has been his concentration.

I think that would be a PB for Mirai in the LP? Thank Mirai for keeping US ladies relevant.

bardtoob

I have just letting it sink in . . . Mirai fully rotated an eight (8) triple jump layout that included a 3A :wideeyes:

2017 Japan Open Ladies FS Protocols:
http://www.jsfresults.com/InterNational/2017-2018/japanopen/data0205.pdf

The only lady with a higher base value was Zagitova, and she got that by having all seven (7) jump passes past the 2 minute mark for bonus while including repeated 3Lz and 3F.

Last edited:

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
I have just letting it sink in . . . Mirai fully rotated an eight (8) triple jump layout that included a 3A :wideeyes:

2017 Japan Open Ladies FS Protocols:
http://www.jsfresults.com/InterNational/2017-2018/japanopen/data0205.pdf

The only lady with a higher base value was Zagitova, and she got that by having all seven (7) jump passes past the 2 minute mark for bonus while including repeated 3Lz and 3F.
BTW Mirai has a highest base mark if she gets the levels on the spins which she didn't here.

Firedancer

Great job by Nathan! I thought he looked more comfortable with choreography here. His 3A has been looking really strong and the spins are looking good as well.

Also, so happy for Mirai! :cheer2: All her jumps after the 3A looked great! I really hope she is able to take confidence from this for the rest of the season and that her PCS go up with her continued good performances.

bardtoob

I love Medvedeva's Anna Karenina LP. It is such an elegant vehicle for her skating. I am not a fan of the sound at the beginning, but I like the nice big orchestration of the music.

Last edited:

artsciboy

Mai Miahara is such a calming influence on the ice. I know she doesn't get as much buzz as Marin Honda (see that Japan Open promo - I mean, they spent like seconds on Mai and minutes on Marin), but arguably Mai is the better overall package (skating skills, jumps, spins, program composition, etc.). I hope that if Mai skates as well as she did at Japan Open (and the majority of last season) at the GPs and Nationals that she doesn't get hosed of an Olympic spot over skaters who for whatever reason are viewed as being more telegenic or receive more Japanese press attention.

midori

The arena was so hot and I'd blame it for some of the falls and pops. I didn't have a thermometer but it felt like 30C or higher. It must be cooler around the ice rink without surrounded by people, but, still.

And here's my random reviews...
They finally had Men's competition after Ladies'.
Mirai landed a clean and beautiful 3A in the warm up.
Marin looked a bit off yesterday.
Mai's skating is so smooth and refreshing.
Watching Javier's skating feels good... his skating kept getting better and better these years but now it's on another level. :respec:
Oda's quads look so effortless... He had announced this would be the last official competition for him, but he can change his mind anytime, hopefully. ;) Besides, I was a bit disappointed he didn't use the all three combinations but just two. Especially after ISU changed the rule so he could do four or five combos without getting Oda-ed.

arakwafan2006

I'm mostly impressed with the lack of URs for Mirai.

It was fabulous to see. I REALLY think training the Axel helped her other jumps. She either lands it cleanly or she has an error. She's still skating through the music and is struggling with speed but if it means that she's using that energy for jumping, i'm all for it. Plus, she will get better. I think she's our National Champion

chapis

The arena was so hot and I'd blame it for some of the falls and pops. I didn't have a thermometer but it felt like 30C or higher. It must be cooler around the ice rink without surrounded by people, but, still.

What?!!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information