2017 ISU Challenger Series

lauravvv

ISU CS Nebelhorn Trophy 2017 entries are up (I've posted all the names & subs entered in the Nebelhorn thread in Kiss & Cry and in the Olympic Qualifying competition in this GSD thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...s-dance-team-event.100715/page-6#post-5117927 ):

Men
Ladies
Pairs
Ice Dance

D = Not for OWG Qualification

Autumn Classic International entries are up:
Men (18)
Ladies (18)
Pairs (8)
Dance (12)
Thanks a lot, Sylvia :).

barbarafan

Wow! Amazing mens field at Autumn Classic--Hanyu, Fernandez, Zhou. Plus Miner, Bychenko, Nam. :watch:

Pairs field also very strong, with Duhamel/Radford, Seguin/Bilodeau, and James/Cipres. :)

Glad to see Calalang/Sidhu, Castelli/Tran, and McNamara/Carpenter get assignments for the U.S.

Claire...on skate Canada site they say it will be livestreamed.....Are you able to get dailymotion ok ?

barbarafan

Yes, for the most part. So I should be able to watch. Looking forward to it! :)

Me too...so exciting...my glass is always half full....At least I can get the scores...Acoustics for announcers is very bad at the arena...so usually choruses of "What was that?"

Jun Y

Besides US International and Autumn Classics, are the other events also going to be streamed online? I would assume Nebelhorn may be.

Frida80

Mirai didn't get a second CS before the GP. :( She really wanted one.

This is Polina's first international comp since her injury! Plus Angela! I hope she takes the momentum from Philly International and does well. Once again the Russians are using there slots wisely. Maria, Alena and Elizaveta! Dabin! Yuna! Carolina too? I'm might die of excitement.

lauravvv

I thought C/B would be competing here, I guess we will not see them until GP China.
Shibutanis will also start their season with their first GP event. It's earlier, but it's Rostelecom Cup, not Skate America like last season, and they will have Bobrova/Soloviev as their rivals there. Of course, Chock/Bates will also have B/S as rivals at Cup of China, but at least it's on more neutral ground. Not talking about Papadakis/Cizeron.

chapis

Shibutanis will also start their season with their first GP event. It's earlier, but it's Rostelecom Cup, not Skate America like last season, and they will have Bobrova/Soloviev as their rivals there. Of course, Chock/Bates will also have B/S as rivals at Cup of China, but at least it's on more neutral ground. Not talking about Papadakis/Cizeron.

yes, maybe Marina and Igor still have the same style of work, their schedules are similar very often.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
If Jason remains a sub at Finlandia, does that mean he only gets to do one Challenger event? And if so, why would he (or any of the other subs) agree to be on the sub list?

Bellanca

Mirai didn't get a second CS before the GP. :( She really wanted one.
Yeah, but that's alright... Mirai is fired up and ready to roll. Plus, I believe she'll make good use of the extra training time. It might turn out to be a blessing in disguise for her, as training ice can be very therapeutic - and a calm, rested, confident Mirai is what she needs ... and what we want. :)

Dobre

If Jason remains a sub at Finlandia, does that mean he only gets to do one Challenger event?

No, you can be on a sub list & still have multiple events. Being on a sub list is a good sign. It means you are in the pool of athletes being selected for Challenger events.

Many top athletes only do one Challenger event. They use it as a way to prepare for the season.

Impromptu

Sekret Custom Title
If Jason remains a sub at Finlandia, does that mean he only gets to do one Challenger event? And if so, why would he (or any of the other subs) agree to be on the sub list?

There are 4 more Challenger events after Finlandia.. theoretically, he could be assigned to one of those (or one of the last two anyway, since the 7th challenger event is the same weekend as Skate Canada and the 8th is only a couple days after NHK).

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
Also remember that USFS and other federations want the skaters who are not previous Olympic or World Team members (Junior or Senior Worlds) to have a shot at getting their programs out there and being assessed by international judges. This isn't just about the top 4 or 5 skaters or teams or just the Olympics; other top 10 or so skaters should get their shot at showing what they can do, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information