From Russia with love [#23]: Spring/Summer 2016

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
Mede
3S+3T+3T+3T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQWHR3UqqGI&app=desktop

clean as a whistle :respec: I have some Arakawa-flashbacks with practice videos of such combos :rofl:

I was thinking the same thing. Next season I want to see her try 4s like Miki! Even if she only does it in practice, it will still scare the other ladies :respec:

I think she has a decent shot at 4s, she does 3s-3t so easily at the end of her FS. If she ditches the tano arms I think she can do it.

Cherub721

YEAH!
V&T's plans for next season: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1138989642818439&id=113697665347647

They are sorry about how the Worlds went, but they worked really hard towards it and in the given circumstances they feel they did all they could.
Now it's time to have some rest, enjoy the show in the company of their good friends and after the vacation they will sit down and discuss everything with their coaching team. At the moment it looks like they will do shows in summer and during the first half of the season, but they definitely plan to compete next season. Still stay tuned, they promised to notify you via social media as soon as they decide about their plans.

clairecloutier

New Szolkowy interview (translation from FS-Gossips):

http://fs-gossips.com/robin-szolkow...-explain-to-the-taxi-driver-where-to-take-me/

Not much new info. Robin is open to continuing his work in Mozer's group, but it sounds like an official contract has not yet been signed. No further information about Gaszi potentially choreographing new program(s) for Tarasova/Morozov.

In regard to V/T's announcement yesterday ... I am not sure what I think. They weren't in great form at Worlds, so I really question whether skipping the first half of next season is the right move. OTOH, maybe they feel they can be more committed to training if it's for a shorter time period?? I'm just getting the sense that Max is not really into this comeback.

Xela M

New Szolkowy interview (translation from FS-Gossips):

http://fs-gossips.com/robin-szolkow...-explain-to-the-taxi-driver-where-to-take-me/

Not much new info. Robin is open to continuing his work in Mozer's group, but it sounds like an official contract has not yet been signed. No further information about Gaszi potentially choreographing new program(s) for Tarasova/Morozov.

In regard to V/T's announcement yesterday ... I am not sure what I think. They weren't in great form at Worlds, so I really question whether skipping the first half of next season is the right move. OTOH, maybe they feel they can be more committed to training if it's for a shorter time period?? I'm just getting the sense that Max is not really into this comeback.

Max is really annoying with all his baby talk. He can have gazillion babies over the next decades, but only has 2 years to win another two OGMs and make history (AND save us from having D&R as Olympic champions) :angryfire

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Max is really annoying with all his baby talk. He can have gazillion babies over the next decades, but only has 2 years to win another two OGMs and make history (AND save us from having D&R as Olympic champions) :angryfire

It seems he wants a child really badly, right now, and he is just expressing his feelings. I am afraid he may be burned out on competitions. If that's the case, it's going to be really tough for V&T to win those two OGMs (or even just the team one)

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
He's got two OGM's competing at home. He's had serious injuries. He's 33 years old.

He's with the love of his life, and he wants a family. Maybe he doesn't want to be Hao Zhang. Maybe it's not worth it.

That said, she's the one who has to have the kid(s), and if she's not ready, he's going to have to wait, whether or not they continue competing.

caseyedwards

Maybe he can and maybe he can't. Who knows about volosozhar either. His so concerned about it he won't even train quads over concern for her futute child carrying potential.

Xela M

It seems he wants a child really badly, right now, and he is just expressing his feelings. I am afraid he may be burned out on competitions. If that's the case, it's going to be really tough for V&T to win those two OGMs (or even just the team one)

There is newer a guarantee that one can have babies. But his motivation to compete seems not to be very strong right now.

Maybe he can and maybe he can't. Who knows about volosozhar either. His so concerned about it he won't even train quads over concern for her futute child carrying potential.

They are super healthy athletes - chances are they'll be alright. Anyway, it's very easy to get checked up by a doctor to confirm.

They should have had a baby in the 18 months they were off the ice and then come back like Rodnina, Navka, Gordeeva etc. What was Max doing all this time?! :p

clairecloutier

They should have had a baby in the 18 months they were off the ice and then come back like Rodnina, Navka, Gordeeva etc. What was Max doing all this time?! :p

Actually, I think Max said in one interview that, if they'd known how long it would take for the surgery/rehab process, they might indeed have had a baby during that time! :lol: I can't remember where I read this, though.

becca

The older the woman gets the harder it is to have a child. Maybe they want more than one too. They have OGM's.

barbarafan

What I read was that he was ok with the quad twist as he is catching her and make sure she is not hurt but does not want to do the throws because once he launches her he has no control over how she lands and cannot break her falls. Sorry but that makes me like him more.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
They're back just in time for ... touring

Next year they should do "Return of the Mack" by Mark Morrison for the SD :inavoid:I missed them a lot at Worlds, it'll be nice to have them back next year.

Last edited:

morqet

rising like a phoenix
Does this mean she's cleared? Does she still face a possible ban later on?

I'm guessing still a possible ban - the wording of the wada communication was that if athletes had below a certain amount of the substance in their sample, the ban could be lifted but they still face a hearing. If they then find that she was actually at fault, she will be banned. If the ban hadn't been lifted prior to the hearing, time served before the hearing would have counted for any full suspension period she might be given.

MsZem

I see the sea
Bobrova wrote a quick update on her Instagram, but given that my Russian is limited to Google translate, I'll leave it to others to parse where things stand ;)

Shouldn't this be in the Bobrova thread, though?

quiqie

She says: "Due to many requests, I would like to confirm that we got a letter from the ISU saying the temporary ban had beed lifted, but we would like to get more detailed information, so I will comment when I have the final decision in my hands."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information