Recent content by Mafke

1. Mafke

Valieva Banned for Four Years, Effective December 25, 2021

All the more reason to not let minors compete at this level. The stakes are too high and their judgement is not good enough, especially when surrounded by corrupt structures.
  2. Mafke

Sweet summer child....
  3. Mafke

I did not know that! I do remember a Sports Illustrated article at the time mentioning her cheesecake addiction (and dislike of Danon yogurt... OK, that may have been the author of the article).
  4. Mafke

That's a pretty big if....
  5. Mafke

Given the context I doubt if much of any part of it came from her. I'm sure she was told exactly what to say and thoroughly rehearsed and threatened if she went off script. russia is, unfortunately, that kind of place and russian sports federations have a long history of using and throwing away...
  6. Mafke

To be very clear I have nothing but sympathy for Valieva who I'm sure had no say in any of this (either not informed or not given a choice about taking banned substances). I have nothing but scorn for the coaches and federation that let his happen (as well as Eteri's reign of terror wrecking...
  7. Mafke

One of the reasons I think doping penalties need to float upwards.... coaches and federations need to start paying a bigger price. Then maybe it'll be reduced. Lots of unprincipled terrible people are willing to dope up young people because they know they personally won't be punished. Need to...
  8. Mafke

So russian athletic and political policies have led to the country having even less status than North effin' Korea! Great job russians! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Mafke

Good. the North Koreanization of russia continues apace...
  10. Mafke

Ever hear of kayfabe? This seems like carefully choreographed kayfabe to me.... other more trusting souls may take things at face value.
  11. Mafke

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking (though my thoughts didn't express it as clearly and concisely as you have).
  12. Mafke

Talking to a mirror?
  13. Mafke

Maybe you need to get in your time machine and go back to 2016 and convince the WDA of how wrong they were to ban it? Failing that... maybe work toward having it accepted. Failing both, maintaining a respectful silence. Yes, coaches and/or regulatory bodies facing repurcussions would do...
  14. Mafke

Holding russian athletes to the same standard as other countries is 'warfare against russia'? I really don't want to see any more russian athletes if it means putting up with the massive self-pity parties and 'poor me!' whining.... so un-olympic....
  15. Mafke

Unpopular Opinions

As long as the free leg is turned out at the hip.....
Do Not Sell My Personal Information