The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurokis40

This isn’t true at all, but okay. :lol:
The TC only breaks the tie if the ts`s don`t agree on the levels I don`t see many disagreements neither japan or korea have medal contending teams on a side note Molina is also friendly with Piper he`s replied to several of her tweets over the years does not mean anything of course.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
The TC only breaks the tie if the ts`s don`t agree on the levels I don`t see many disagreements neither japan or korea have medal contending teams on a side note Molina is also friendly with Piper he`s replied to several of her tweets over the years does not mean anything of course.
How many international ice dance technical panels have you watched work? Zero? How many times have you read through the Ice Dance Handbook for Technical Panels? Also Zero?

On My Own

Maybe she was telling Molina about that time she'd been to Europe with a moustache and a newspaper with two holes in it under the pretext of "an appendectomy" to spy on Russia.

Nmsis

Little evening prayer :
Dear Skate and Ice Dance Gods, please touch the hearts of the judging panel and let Marie Dupayage and Thomas Nabais have a top 20 SP at Worlds. So we can see them skate their oh so beautiful FD (64k views for their FISA FD).
Pretty please...
Thanks in advance. :cold:

Andrea82

Molina-Higashino-Yang was the panel of 4 Continents 2018.
Higashino and Yang were together at 2018 Asian Open (with Keen).
Molina and Higashino were together at 2019 Worlds (with Samokhin) and at 2017 World Team Trophy (with Nowak).

Higashino called at both 2014 and 2022 Olympics. Yang called at 2018 Olympics.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Plaid ? :drama:
They are straight lines observing each other, going parallel, then sinuous then discovering that interactions and 90° crossings (ie dancing) are life and the way baby lines are born. :encore:
The costumesook like a plaid pattern to my eye. I do like them, quite a lot, but the explanation of the lines is much.

Nmsis

The costumesook like a plaid pattern to my eye. I do like them, quite a lot, but the explanation of the lines is much.
The costume tip is because crossing lines are an unusual pattern in ice dance, but not at all for the dancers of Karine Arribert.
This one looks more plaid-ish than that one or that one (more scarve-ish) but all those programs are about relationships.

And the second thing is that Arribert's programs need no explanations.
She trains her dancers to be the only interpreters that you need.
She does programs about zombies, survival, feminicide, fashion, the end of the world, revolt, teenage, dance, oppression, female empowerement ... but what matters is movement and the punch in the gut it may create.
Now, one can still dig as there usually is quite a bit to dig in her programs.

1/ I can't picture anyone else making a program on :
Girls, girls and women
We only ask, we only ask, we only ask for justice...
As they die, as they die as women die
I do not come to apologize
I am a woman, and I will be
I only come to declare
How still I will never be
In the house, in the street
The desert ...
Every step, every step I walk
Take me, take me, take me to freedom
I will arrive, I will arrive at my destination
Where in peace, where in peace, where in peace I can be
I live the fight, I live the women's fight
My existence, my existence, my existence is right
I survive, I survive the conquest
I have great, I have great, I have great strength and passion
I do not come to apologize
I am a woman, and I will be

2/ without ever putting the (translated) lyrics forward and using the theme more for the dancer than the viewer

Last edited:

Ena Grins

Plaid ? :drama:
They are straight lines observing each other, going parallel, then sinuous then discovering that interactions and 90° crossings (ie dancing) are life and the way baby lines are born. :encore:
I think I understand the costumes less now :lol: I do like the program though! No idea what they're trying to communicate but I remember being drawn in.

yurokis40

Ok so Marie-France get her friend and buddy Molina on the tech panel, IAM dancers get the prime start order spots in the RD, The brits and Chock and bates no favoritism there ISU , Canada gets screwed again I guess the don`t buy the hand that feeds you does not apply here the skaters come to Canada to train get the best facilities and coaches and w get shafted🙄

Karen-W

Ok so Marie-France get her friend and buddy Molina on the tech panel, IAM dancers get the prime start order spots in the RD, The brits and Chock and bates no favoritism there ISU , Canada gets screwed again I guess the don`t buy the hand that feeds you does not apply here the skaters come to Canada to train get the best facilities and coaches and w get shafted🙄
LOL - this is just the palate cleanser laugh I needed after seeing Morisi's PCS score in the SP.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
I was going to say judges finally got it right when G/F surpassed Gi/Po, then they gave C/B nearly 92 points. Whatever, I guess.

C/B's 53.33 RD TES is actually the new World Record (P/C got 53.16 at last year's Worlds). I know the elements this year are different, but still...

Oh and once again F/G got an inexplicably high score. :shuffle: Rant over!

Last edited:

Karen-W

I was going to say judges finally got it right when G/F surpassed Gi/Po, then they gave C/B nearly 92 points. Whatever, I guess.

C/B's 53.33 RD TES is actually the new World Record (P/C got 53.16 at last year's Worlds). I know the elements this year are different, but still...

Oh and once again F/G got an inexplicably high score. :shuffle: Rant over!
I laughed at your post, though I do agree. You're not wrong at all. ChoBat's score is NUTS. And I say this as a fan who wants them to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information