'Beyond' - Mao Asada's 2nd National Tour

cohkaix

'Beyond' - Determination & Evolution

For Mao Asada's national tour around Japan (2nd time)

Official website (in Japanese): https://beyond-maotour.jp

Tour schedule:

• Sept 10~11: Shiga
  • Sept 17~19: Aomori
  • Oct 1~2: Hyogo
  • Oct 9~10: Hokkaido I
  • Oct 15~16: Kanagawa
  • Oct 27~30: Fukuoka
  • Nov 3~6: Akita
  • Nov 12~13: Kyoto
  • Nov 25~27: Tokyo I
  • Dec 3~4: Hokkaido II
  • Dec 17~18: Aichi
  • [2023]
  • Jan 14~15: Hiroshima
  • Jan 21~22: Nagano
  • Feb 4~5: Kumamoto
  • Feb 11~12: Yamanashi
  • Mar 4~5: Osaka
  • Mar 17~19: Tokyo, Tachikawa, Tachihi *Mao's new home rink

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks for creating this thread, @cohkaix! :)

Mao has shared 4 photos from her July 4th press conference on her Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/p/CfnkjKePuHJ/

Article published yesterday:

Machine translated excerpt:

At a press conference in Tokyo on the 4th, she explained, "I started making a new show with a great deal of preparedness. It meant that I could surpass myself in the past." Appeared in a golden dress. "When I first thought of 'BEYOND', it springed up from the beginning with gold and black, so I came with whole body gold," she said with a smile.

At the non-stop ice show for about 90 minutes, we carefully selected the cast, choreography, music production, staging, costumes, and details of the tour goods.

All of them are acting with new songs, and there are various genres such as opera, classical music, and jazz. She reported, "All songs use new songs. Please look forward to the content!"

The cast revealed all 11 people including Ms. Asada. The announcement will be made after next week, and she smiled, "We will be announcing it, so please look forward to it. It's a very powerful skater."

cohkaix

The official IG account of the 'Beyond' Tour (for news and information only): https://www.instagram.com/beyond__maotour/

According to the updated story line from the account, this week will be for cast annoucement! So we should find out about the members to go on touring with Mao soon!

First round of announcement -
★柴田嶺 / Ryo Shibata
★今井遥 / Haruka Imai

(There's no surprise with Shibata, as Mao will be doing pair program(s) with him. And welcome back to the tour for Haruka!!)

Last edited:

cohkaix

The official IG account of the 'Beyond' Tour (for news and information only): https://www.instagram.com/beyond__maotour/

According to the updated story line from the account, this week will be for cast annoucement! So we should find out about the members to go on touring with Mao soon!

First round of announcement -
★柴田嶺 / Ryo Shibata
★今井遥 / Haruka Imai

(There's no surprise with Shibata, as Mao will be doing pair program(s) with him. And welcome back to the tour for Haruka!!)

Jul 12th.
Second round of announcement -
★小山渚紗 / Nagisa Koyama
★中村優 / Shu Nakamura

[First round of announcement]
★柴田嶺 / Ryo Shibata
★今井遥 / Haruka Imai

cohkaix

She is an ice show skater, am I right? Haven't found anything ISU-related.

Her twitter @n317__

Post about BEYOND: https://mobile.twitter.com/n317__/status/1546739383319285761

According to her BIO on twitter and IG: 𝘗𝘳𝘰 𝘍𝘪𝘨𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘚𝘬𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳, (previously) 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘖𝘯 𝘐𝘤𝘦/ (previously) 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘐𝘤𝘦 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥
I was trying to search for some more information about Nagisa, I think she probably didn't compete internationally, but there were records from domestic competitions. She was originally training in Grand Prix Tokai Skating Club (in Nagoya, where Mao once trained). She might have retired in either 2017~2018.

I'll add more information when I find some more.

cohkaix

Jul 12th.
Second round of announcement -
★小山渚紗 / Nagisa Koyama
★中村優 / Shu Nakamura

[First round of announcement]
★柴田嶺 / Ryo Shibata
★今井遥 / Haruka Imai

Jul 13th.
3rd round of announcement -

★山本恭廉 / Takayuki Yamamoto
★松田悠良 / Yura Matsuda (!)

Tour members so far:

★柴田嶺 / Ryo Shibata
★今井遥 / Haruka Imai
★小山渚紗 / Nagisa Koyama
★中村優 / Shu Nakamura

cohkaix

Jul 13th.
3rd round of announcement -

★松田悠良 / Yura Matsuda (!)

Tour members so far:

★柴田嶺 / Ryo Shibata
★今井遥 / Haruka Imai
★小山渚紗 / Nagisa Koyama
★中村優 / Shu Nakamura

Jul 14th
4th round of announcement -

★マルティネス エルネスト / Ernesto Martinez (welcome back to the tour!)
★今原 実丘 / Miku Imahara

Tour members so far:

★柴田嶺 / Ryo Shibata
★今井遥 / Haruka Imai
★小山渚紗 / Nagisa Koyama
★中村優 / Shu Nakamura
★松田悠良 / Yura Matsuda

cohkaix

Jul 14th
4th round of announcement -

★マルティネス エルネスト / Ernesto Martinez (welcome back to the tour!)
★今原 実丘 / Miku Imahara

Tour members so far:

★柴田嶺 / Ryo Shibata
★今井遥 / Haruka Imai
★小山渚紗 / Nagisa Koyama
★中村優 / Shu Nakamura
★松田悠良 / Yura Matsuda

Jul 15th
5th round (and final) of announcement -

★小林 レオニー 百音 / Leonie Mone Kobayashi
田村岳斗 / Yamato Tamura (Wait?! What?? Are we talking about the 'handsome' coach?? THE coach who worked with Hamada??)

What a surprise!!

Now we have a full list of the tour members:

浅田真央
柴田嶺
今井遥
小山渚紗
中村優
山本恭廉
松田悠良
マルティネス エルネスト
今原 実丘
小林レオニー百音
田村岳斗

Last edited:

Ritual Fire

Now I'm kinda curious about the music and the concept. Looking forward to see any practice video (hint: dear Mao, September is sooo far away from here... give us smth please).:cheer2:

cohkaix

Now I'm kinda curious about the music and the concept. Looking forward to see any practice video (hint: dear Mao, September is sooo far away from here... give us smth please).:cheer2:
Obviously Mao hears that!! ;)

There were 'hints' about the type of music in the earlier interview: opera, classical music, and jazz. Another hint is that, during this period of preparation, I think Mao has been taking ballet lessons regularly (from a Japanese professional ballet dancer). So I'm looking forward to at least some ballet-related programs!!

cohkaix

7-day count down:

From the 'beyond_Maotour' official IG account: https://www.instagram.com/p/CiC1QUUpps9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
So looking forward to the pair program!!

Also, the promotion/interview video by Mao from the official YT channel:

Looking forward to the opening in a week!

Ritual Fire

looking forward to the pair program!!

Btw the Cast section of the official website has been updated. You can click on the members' photos and see little messages from them.

Ryo Shibata

I started skating when I was 11 years old, and as an athlete I was able to compete in singles and pairs. After becoming an instructor I also studied ice dancing. "BEYOND" is a show that interweaves the best of these three categories.

In this show, I am challenging the pair program with our 'chairman' Mao-chan. I hope that you will pay attention to the soft, graceful and delicate expression that is typical of figure skating, and enjoy the perfect program created by the two of us!

The members have strong personalities (laughs), so welcome to the show that we created as a team, working hard together.

Mao Asada

After the last tour, I had time to think about various things. What I thought was that "my skating life is not over yet". So I decided to create a new show from scratch.

BEYOND contains my determination to "evolve beyond my past self". I will do my best to skate with all my heart so that this show will give you the strength to overcome something in your daily life.

With 10 members, we have overcome hard practice while always saying "BEYOND!" You can see our feelings in every moment, clear like a crystal, as we will deliver the world of BEYOND to everyone all over the country. Please enjoy yourself.

😍

Last edited:

Ritual Fire

Mao Asada ice show "BEYOND" cast skater Ernesto Martinez will be absent from the following performances due to injury:

- September 10 (Sat.) to 11 (Sun.), 2022, Shiga performance
- September 17 (Sat.) to 19 (Mon.), 2022, Aomori performance

As I understood, the performances in Shiga and Aomori will be held as scheduled. They had to rebuild the BEYOND program and adjust it to the temporary absence of one member.

So they apologize for any possible inconvenience and thank everyone for understanding.

PS. He was absent from Haruka's birthday photos (August 31) and Ryo's practice group photo on Instagram so this didn't happen just the other day, I guess. Damn... ☹ Well, at least they had some time to prepare, and EM is expected to get better by the beginning of October (let's hope so).

Best wishes to the entire team, please TAKE CARE y'all.

Last edited:

Ritual Fire

This weekend is going to be hot for Mao-chan and her team. I wish them all the best. Ganbatte.

Can't wait to see first video highlights, reviews, photos, read people's impressions etc.

I checked the official website and there are 9 sponsors already - that's cool!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information