whitebear

BEYOND documentary

some excerpts
Sing, Sing, Sing
Scheherazade
Fantaisie Impromptu
Swan Lake (a very brief excerpt)

Enjoy!😊

And shows in Tachikawa has been rescheduled to March 18-26 and June 24-25 in Miyagi has been added.

Ritual Fire

whitebear
I saw your channel on YT some days ago and the joy was beyond words. 😉 Mao-chan forever.

My very special thanks to you for the Sing Sing Sing 2008 HD video with no commentary. I adore that performance of hers.

All the best, please take care.

whitebear

You're welcome.
I would be happy if Mao fans overseas could also enjoy it too.

Now, Erni is back on tour after recovering from his injury and BEYOND is evolving more and more!

whitebear

You are not the only one who feels that way!

Mr. Nobuo Sato (Mao's former coach) said after watching the show that Mao is like a different person. He even joked that he wished she had skated like this when she was a competitive skater.

Takahiko (Kozuka) said, “It was Mao Asada, but not the Mao Asada I know. I can understand why Nobuo Sensei wanted to say that.
And the team looks really happy and good.
When I see something good, I want to skate.”
https://twitter.com/takakozuka/status/1616677212119502851?s=61&t=OcX7K6qy4IAs5he48IWWZQ

Ritual Fire

Speaking of Mao's artistry. She wasn't kidding about "evolution" as the main theme, right?

I've seen lots of fan reports saying it was really BEYOND their expectations. 😍 They were blown away by everything - her skills, creativity, attention to detail, her range as a performer, her work as the show producer etc.
And the cast impressed them too!
The costumes were great, the music list was cool and the atmosphere was somewhat magical.

I wonder if the full version is going to be available after the Tokyo days... probably not yet but at least more videos... 😋
Caprise and Black Swan and Czardas are still kept hidden from the eye of the foreign audience.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
BEYOND documentary

some excerpts
Sing, Sing, Sing
Scheherazade
Fantaisie Impromptu
Swan Lake (a very brief excerpt)

Enjoy!😊

And shows in Tachikawa has been rescheduled to March 18-26 and June 24-25 in Miyagi has been added.
What an exquisite show! I’m so pleased that, somewhere on earth, an ice show as beautiful as this is still happening. Brava, Mao! 👏 💐 🎉

whitebear

Speaking of Mao's artistry. She wasn't kidding about "evolution" as the main theme, right?
Of course!

She launched BEYOND to create an ice show that has never been seen before.
When she was at junior high, she went to a live concert of her favorite singer and saw her singing various types of songs there, which made her want to create an ice show like that one day.

Her dream came true, and BEYOND is a highly entertaining ice show that combines figure skating with images projected on LED screens, making you feel as if you are watching a musical, opera, ballet, etc. We can see Mao in many different roles, such as the White Swan, the Black Swan, and the King's favorite princess.
Other than Mao, the other skaters in the cast are also amazing, including Yamato Tamura (former Satoko's coach, we were all surprised when it was announced that he was one of the BEYOND members, leaving Coach Hamada's team), lands beautiful triple toeloops at 43 years old!

Last Saturday, I brought a friend of mine who is not a skating fan to see the BEYOND Osaka, and she was very impressed, especially Swan Lake and Carmen, and even said that she liked this skating version better than the originals.

Mao wants everyone to come to the rink to see it in person, so spoilers are limited. The full version will come after the tour is over. It will take a while, but we Japanese fans hope that people overseas can see BEYOND.

Sylvia

TBD
Mao Asada held a 45-minute press conference about her MAO RINK PROJECT on March 28 when "it was announced that it aims to open in the autumn of 2024 in Tachikawa City, Tokyo, where it is scheduled to be built. With Tachihi Holdings as a joint venture, we will provide the land and proceed with the construction of the building. The location is a 3-minute walk from Tama Monorail Tachihi Station. I'm starting to move for the dream I had when I was a skater, for the skaters of the future, and for figure skating."
Machine translated excerpt from the end:
I think this will be a big challenge for me in my second life. I started figure skating at the age of 5 and have grown up with it to get here. I think that walking together will not change in the future. Today, I felt really refreshed, excited, and even more determined. I think it's a very exciting project just by imagining it. I will continue to do my best to aim for the best skating rink in the world, so please support me. Thank you very much.

Ritual Fire

14 more performances were added to the tour schedule!

Time: July 1 to July 17

And that will be The Final of BEYOND. 😍 "The culmination of the ice show that continued to challenge and evolve."

So we can finally expect the full video this summer, maybe around August.
To say that I can't wait is to say nothing. 😋🙏🏻

Ganbatte Mao-chan and the BEYOND team. Good luck, do your best y'all.

Ritual Fire

to the previous news 👆🏻

check 'The Final' poster on their IG. 💜 Mao the Phoenix 💜

They also promise some additional "special program" created for The Final. I wonder what it is.

Anyway, the upcoming summer looks hot. 🔥🔥🔥
28 times more
to perform will make 100+ in total since the tour started in September.
Just wow!

Last edited:

Ritual Fire

IG stories time!

Mao Asada and Ryo Shibata jumping 3Lo 😍😋

Also, check this post with 10 gorgeous Scheherazade photos.

Sylvia

TBD
Mao Asada held a 45-minute press conference about her MAO RINK PROJECT on March 28 when "it was announced that it aims to open in the autumn of 2024 in Tachikawa City, Tokyo, where it is scheduled to be built. With Tachihi Holdings as a joint venture, we will provide the land and proceed with the construction of the building. The location is a 3-minute walk from Tama Monorail Tachihi Station. I'm starting to move for the dream I had when I was a skater, for the skaters of the future, and for figure skating."
Here's an article in English:
Excerpts:
Three-time world champion figure skater Mao Asada’s dream of opening an ice rink will become a reality next fall, with the achievement serving to both spread her love of the sport and raise a western Tokyo city’s profile.
The Mao Rink complex, scheduled to be constructed in Tachikawa, will feature an exhibition centered on the 2010 Olympic silver medalist and is backed by a real estate company with historical ties to the area it hopes to revitalize through the project.
The project began taking shape two years ago when Asada pitched the idea directly to Masamichi Murayama, the president of Tachihi Holdings Co., which has a long history of undertaking real estate projects in the area. She spoke passionately for around 20 minutes, detailing her vision for the ice rink while never once glancing down at her notes.
“My employees didn’t even wait for my go-ahead to start drawing up plans” when the meeting was over, Murayama, 72, said.
Two skating rinks, a main and sub arena, will be built on a 9,000-square-meter site a short walk from Tachihi Station on the Tama Toshi Monorail Line. The complex will also include a training facility, a ballet studio, a restaurant geared toward athlete nutrition and an exhibition space for displaying Asada’s medals and costumes.
With a seating capacity of 1,000 people, the rink will also allow Asada to realize her wish of continuing to “provide entertainment” to the public as a professional skater. The exterior will be colored in gold, silver and bronze.
Besides Asada’s star power, the scarcity of ice rinks will attract skaters as only three year-round facilities exist in Tokyo now, down from nearly 10 in the early 1990s.
“This is a huge challenge in my post-retirement life,” Asada said. “I want to skate in this rink even in my 60s, and make it a place bursting with smiling faces.”
:respec:

YukiNieve

They announced that "Beyond the Movie Ice Show" (Blue Ray), "Beyond Story Photo Book" and "Heart of Beyond Original Songs CD" will be available for purchase this summer.
For now you need to register to receive more information about the purchase.

I really hope that the BR will be readily available for the purchase by fans overseas.
I saw the show in Tokyo and Mao really skated like a pair skater and with such passion and devotion.

Ritual Fire

I really hope that the BR will be readily available for the purchase by fans overseas.

No, it looks like the feast will be local. And it sucks.

They have started the preliminary sales. The delivery is "scheduled to be shipped from early September" (according to the official site) and there is no option for fans outside Japan.

Imho, a video on demand would be perfect. Just pay and watch online no matter where you are. Lots of people don't even bother to have a BluRay player or BD-ROM drive today because streaming services and VODs + Youtube & Co give them all they want.

Speaking of YT, remember the Mao Thanks Tour channel had to deal with the music copyright and replace the live sound with the fake one. Still they did upload 20-25 min live videos and it was much better than nothing. The BEYOND channel only uploads short teasers. The MTT full version was on TV more than once - while with BEYOND, we are totally kept behind the wall.. no chance to see it live, no fancams as they are prohibited. Even the fullest versions of the programs, Scheherazade and Fantaisie-Impromptu, are edited and not really full.

From the very first days, many Japanese fans had commented, "Everyone should see it! For figure skating fans around the world, it's a must-see! They deserve a stream too! Do not let it just disappear!" etc. Now I wonder if we will have a possibility to watch it at all.

whitebear

In May, Mao skated two programs for a TV special.
"Caprice" is almost the same as the one for "Beyond" except for her costume.
"Liebestraum" was choreographed only for this.

A documentary also aired on TBS.
(This video has been edited in several places and rough English subtitles have been added.)

whitebear

No, it looks like the feast will be local. And it sucks.

They have started the preliminary sales. The delivery is "scheduled to be shipped from early September" (according to the official site) and there is no option for fans outside Japan.

Imho, a video on demand would be perfect. Just pay and watch online no matter where you are. Lots of people don't even bother to have a BluRay player or BD-ROM drive today because streaming services and VODs + Youtube & Co give them all they want.

Speaking of YT, remember the Mao Thanks Tour channel had to deal with the music copyright and replace the live sound with the fake one. Still they did upload 20-25 min live videos and it was much better than nothing. The BEYOND channel only uploads short teasers. The MTT full version was on TV more than once - while with BEYOND, we are totally kept behind the wall.. no chance to see it live, no fancams as they are prohibited. Even the fullest versions of the programs, Scheherazade and Fantaisie-Impromptu, are edited and not really full.

From the very first days, many Japanese fans had commented, "Everyone should see it! For figure skating fans around the world, it's a must-see! They deserve a stream too! Do not let it just disappear!" etc. Now I wonder if we will have a possibility to watch it at all.
No TV schedule has been released yet, but I still have a little hope that TBS will air it, apart from the Blu-ray.
Since TBS is one of the organizers of BEYOND, they usually broadcast it on TV.
Maybe we will find out at the final show in Tachikawa this month.

whitebear

BEYOND the Final Live Streaming Announced!:cheer2:
Hopefully it will be available from outside of Japan.

Sales period:2023/7/12 (Wed)12:00 ~ 2023/7/17 (Mon)16:30
Viewing ticket:3000 yen (tax included)

whitebear

Finally, tomorrow, BEYOND will celebrate its grand finale.
Tickets for all 15 Tachikawa shows are sold out.
It is a very high quality entertaining ice show that can be enjoyed by skating fans and non-skating fans alike, and by the whole family.
Personally, I think it is a groundbreaking show that shows one new direction for ice shows.
It is worth seeing even if you are not a Mao fan!

Among other things, Swan Lake is one of the highlights of the second half of the show, and if possible, I would like Mr. Dick Button to see it. I remember he was not a fan of Mao's 2012 free program, but I am sure he will like the BEYOND version.:)

You can watch it live and archived from 16:30 on 7/17/2023 until 23:59 on 7/20/20/2023.
It looks like you can watch from overseas, and they accept PayPal or credit card as a payment method.
For more information, please click here.

YukiNieve

Yes, you can watch the grand finale for Beyond show on-line both live and on demand from overseas as whitebear explained.
I saw it in person when I was in Tokyo and Mao's performance was really breathtaking and the show is one of a kind and very impressive. Mao's pair skating with Ryo Shibata to the music Scheherazade is truly amazing, thinking that she never did the pair skating before.
I strongly recommend this show for anyone who loves figure skating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information