2018-19 Programs and Choreographers

Sylvia

TBD

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
I can't find the source, but Fentz is keeping his Game of Thrones FS as he would like to perform it in the US where it got so popular. Sondre Boe posted his program music yesterday but has now disappeared from the Instagram story. Iirc was a male singer songwriter, choreo by Mark Pillay.

clairecloutier

Just FYI, @Sylvia and I will be posting a new 2018-19 program music spreadsheet sometime in the next 2 weeks. We will do our best to add all known program music/choreographer info to the spreadsheet, as we did last year. Please keep posting updates to this thread, and we will include them!

Della Monica/Guarise have invited fans to suggest music for their programs next year: https://www.facebook.com/Nicoledmma...1827.723599191086101/1533049063474439/?type=3

IloveFS

Just FYI, @Sylvia and I will be posting a new 2018-19 program music spreadsheet sometime in the next 2 weeks. We will do our best to add all known program music/choreographer info to the spreadsheet, as we did last year. Please keep posting updates to this thread, and we will include them!

Della Monica/Guarise have invited fans to suggest music for their programs next year: https://www.facebook.com/Nicoledmma...1827.723599191086101/1533049063474439/?type=3

What a great idea Della Monica/Guarise!!!

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

Again..............many thanks to our two Goddesses! I used last year's spreadsheet all season long. Loved it.

text_skate

I can't find the source, but Fentz is keeping his Game of Thrones FS as he would like to perform it in the US where it got so popular.
[choreo by Mark Pillay]
As far as I remember he said so during FS at Worlds. He was joining ARD-Commentator Daniel Weiss for a flight.

lauravvv

Is this a joke :rolleyes: ? Seriously though, something like this was to be expected - as always with G/F and Fusar-Poli. As long as they stay with her, we will never see an original oe even interesting program/music choice from them, only absolute war horses. And it's not that all of their programs are bad, because it is not so - some of their programs have actually been quite good if we look beyond the cliche music choices and themes. Still, I would have liked to see an FD from them that was special and, in some way, exclusive to just them ( it would not have to be a never before used music piece, just something that's not such a war horse and that they could make their own).

muffinplus

Is this a joke :rolleyes: ? Seriously though, something like this was to be expected - as always with G/F and Fusar-Poli. As long as they stay with her, we will never see an original oe even interesting program/music choice from them, only absolute war horses. And it's not that all of their programs are bad, because it is not so - some of their programs have actually been quite good if we look beyond the cliche music choices and themes. Still, I would have liked to see an FD from them that was special and, in some way, exclusive to just them ( it would not have to be a never before used music piece, just something that's not such a war horse and that they could make their own).

I actually enjoyed their muse program, or moreso the skating I guess? La La Land = blech

C

casken

La La Land is a war horse already? Did any top dance teams even skate to it last season?

It's not like they're doing the millionth Coldplay FD.

IloveFS

Sorry Guignard/Fabbri but I don't think that you own this music.... other dance couples are free to use it too!

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
I know I'm in the minority but I really liked both the movie and the soundtrack, so I was disappointed last year when it ended up being only a program for ladies, with the exception of Astakhova/Rogonov and Firus. I was looking forward when Chock/Bates announced early last year they would use it, to see what a top level ice dance team would do with it. Now it seems a year too late though (and maybe not the team I would picture with this music choice), but I am curious to see where this goes.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Is it wrong (maybe I should do a poll?) that I want someone to recreate Tonya's "People Are Still Having Sex" program?

And who doesn't love a program to start out with the layback. GORG!

Meoima

La La La land OST isn’t impactful in the arena. Just blah... I don’t know why anyone thinks it’s war horse.

IloveFS

La La La land OST isn’t impactful in the arena. Just blah... I don’t know why anyone thinks it’s war horse.

Oh no!!!! I LOVE La La Land music.. I think it depends on the skaters ability to project. I don't see Guignard/Fabbri as bringing the music to life in an area (so I agree with you in part). Plus, the team isn't one of my favourites! I think Chock and Bates could do a fantastic job with it OR Gilles and Poirier!

Meoima

Oh no!!!! I LOVE La La Land music.. I think it depends on the skaters ability to project. I don't see Guignard/Fabbri as bringing the music to life in an area (so I agree with you in part). Plus, the team isn't one of my favourites! I think Chock and Bates could do a fantastic job with it OR Gilles and Poirier!
I know the music isn’t bad. Just for some reason they sound blah in the arena. I hope some team will do justice with good music cuts and we shall see how it sounds

IloveFS

I know the music isn’t bad. Just for some reason they sound blah in the arena. I hope some team will do justice with good music cuts and we shall see how it sounds
I really think the team to do it was VM!

Spun Silver

Their Schindler's List FD was excellent. I don't mind warhorses if they can own them like that. I really wonder if the use of warhorses is the fault of their coaches. After all, G/F are plenty old enough to choose their own music or veto a choice they don't like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information