Who has your favorite Exhibition piece of all time????

Vagabond

For those who are less familiar with it; here is John Curry's EX at the 1980 Olympics, in somewhat better quality than usually seen.
It is followed, by comparison, with Dorothy Hamill's completely conventional EX program!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiTVFskWG5o&t=10s

Neither Curry nor Hamill competed at the 1980 Olympics. And Jim McKay's voiceover says they were filmed in Potsdam, N.Y. in 1977, not at the Olympics.

Last edited:

floskate

Vacant
Neither Curry nor Hamill competed at the 1980 Olympics. And Jim McKay's voiceover says they were filmed in Potsdam, N.Y. in 1977, not at the Olympics.

You need your ears testing. He says Curry wanted to start a skating company and his dream came true when he appeared in Ice Dancing at The Palace Theatre in NY in 1977!

I have a copy of the full telecast from the1980 Winter Olympics. These exhibitions were part of the closing ceremony and absolutely were skated on that day and in Lake Placid.

arakwafan2006

Kwan- kissing you
Gordeeva-elegie
Witt-Lemon Tree
Baiul-possession
Browning-LOVE
hamilton- Cuban Pete

nguyhm

Gordeeva & Grinkov - Rêverie - timeless
Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze - Smooth - a more playful side of Elena, proving she can be expressive when needed
Mishkutenok & Dmitriev - 1994 Olympics gala - I don't know the name so I'm posting the link below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvNC_zfEPIw
Ekaterina Gordeeva - Mahler Tribute to Sergei - great courage I'm still crying. She's a beautiful skater and Daria at the end who looked just like her dad
Oksana Bauil - Enigma - this is how you do "arm flailing", jumps are optional
Shizuka Arakawa - You raised me up - gorgeous layback Ina Bauer
And my newfound obsession Nathan Chen - Stole the show - he can skate.... and jump quads

Bellanca

John Curry :swoon:
Klimova & Ponomarenko :swoon:

For those who provided links and mentioned these great talents - you're awesome, :respec: and I agree w/ your selections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information