Today’s (Dec 16) Miss World finals canceled due to outbreak of ****

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
From the Miss World Facebook page. Tonight’s finals in Puerto Rico cancelled…finals postponed to sometime in the next 90 days. Not sure how that will work, after the 100 candidates scatter to their homes.

Link to press release…top entry in their FB page, posted 30 minutes ago:

Local news outlets reporting 17+ contestants & staff tested positive yesterday…possibly including the CEO Julia Morley (in her late 80s). This info from many friends on the ground, in pageantry…but the MW organization won’t acknowledge details, understandably.

Frau Muller

As I mentioned in the Miss Universe thread, I usually don’t follow Miss World but first got this news from a friend & pageant blogger William Duarte, who some of you may know (“Grandes, Ricos y Famosos”). I chose to post the news once the MW organization made it official.

William says that the dress rehearsal went on until 1am this morning at the venue - the Coliseo in San Juan. It was the island’s health ministry which halted the finals…ie, this morning, all found out about the cancelation.

From William’s vlog as he broke the news from his hotel in San Juan (for Spanish speakers):

Keep in mind that Puerto Rico has been exemplary in controlling the crud, among other US states and territories. For ex, all who fly into PR have to take an additional **** test upon arrival & are not allowed out of the airport into the city if it is positive. The outbreak at Miss World was discovered just two days ago, as all personnel take daily crud tests… it started when two of the candidates tested positive and were isolated but more were discovered yesterday, in the midsts of rehearsals for the finals.

In light of this, it’s a wonder that last week’s Miss Universe was successfully carried out in Israel.

Let’s pray & hope for no problems in our figure skating world, in coming weeks.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Summaries of the situation & current status:

Most pageant followers wonder how, within 90 days (in late-Feb/March 2022), all candidates & their entourages will find the money & time to go back to Puerto Rico? So, say, Miss Ivory Coast (a big pre-fave to win) will clear her schedule through March and find the mean$ to travel back to Puerto Rico? Won’t it be even less likely that non-faves would find the mean$ and will to get back on a plane & travel around the world to serve as “background” in a telecast? Who’ll cover their expenses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information