They Laughed, They Cried 2022-23 FINAL

Chose the Medalists!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Our erstwhile leader @Vagabond has decreed a Final of 9 entries. We had some worthy entries, but only these 9 skaters/teams managed to crack the double digit barrier in their respective semi-final rounds.

For this round of voting, where we will be awarding 🥇 🥈 🥉 you are allowed 2 votes - which will NOT be easy since they are all phenomenal reactions. Voting closes in one week!

Amber Glenn - 2023 US Nationals Free Skate
Deanna Stellato-Dudek/Maxime Deschamps - 2022 Skate America Short Program
Kevin Aymoz - 2023 Worlds Free Skate
Kimmy Repond - 2023 Euros Free Skate
Lucas Broussard - 2022 JGP Egna-Neumarkt Short Program
Naoki Rossi - 2023 Jr Worlds Free Skate
Sonia Baram/Daniel Tioumentsev - 2023 Jr Worlds Free Skate
Starr Andrews - 2022 Skate Canada International Free Skate
Yelim Kim - 2022 Grand Prix de France Free Skate

Vagabond

This is  tough. My initial thought is that Kim must get one of my votes. Her reaction is complex and multilayered like good wine or a great dessert. Andrews and Aymoz would also worthy winners. :fan21:

I am appalled that Baram/Tioumentsev made this final and are even a threat to win it all. :angryfire

Last edited:

Karen-W

This is  tough. My initial thought is that Kim must fet one of my votes. Her reaction is complex and multilayered like good wine or agreat dessert. Andrews and Aymoz would also wothy winners. :fan21:

I am appalled that Baram/Tioumentsev made this final and are even a threat to win it all. :angryfire
Eh, I think the weakest entry in this field is actually Stellato-Dudek/Deschamps. I will say, though, that I'm pretty much over Sonia Baram's hysterical crying in the KnC and what makes Baram/Tioumentsev's entry a stronger one is Daniel's reaction this time.

This final was sooo tough - I had difficulty choosing between Kim, Aymoz, Andrews and Broussard, but Rossi would also be a fine winner.

Karen-W

This poll has turned into a real nail biter! Who will triumph and stand on the podium one last time this season?

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Kevin has to make it. So many of the others are worthy I had redouble choosing.
@Karen-W I thought this was in the trashcan (in the trainwreck thread?) in the past rather than in the K&C. I almost never go into the K&C, and came upon it by chance, and I think that probably applies to many. Perhaps next year put it in the trashcan.

Karen-W

@Karen-W I thought this was in the trashcan (in the trainwreck thread?) in the past rather than in the K&C. I almost never go into the K&C, and came upon it by chance, and I think that probably applies to many. Perhaps next year put it in the trashcan.
Noted. Nomination ls this year were made here in KnC and we kept the semi-final and final polls here as well, but it makes sense to have the actual polls in the Trash Can next year. :)

Vagabond

This is your friendly retired pressman responding from somewhere in Tbilisi.

The trainwreck has been cleared from the track, but the memories gallop on. :gallopin1

They Laughed, They Cried will be back again next season, but possibly under a new name.

Even if Kévin doesn't make it, we will eventually include the video in a tribute when he retires. :)

Last edited:

Evgeniafan

This is your friendly retired pressman responding from somewhere in Tbilisi.

The trainwreck has been cleared from the track, but the memories gallop on. :gallopin1

They Laughed, They Cried will be back again next season, but possibly under a new name.

Even if Kévin doesn't make it, we will eventually include the video in a tribute when he retires. :)
Kevin can't retire, I haven't seen him live yet.

Karen-W

Our poll closes in less than an hour! Vote now or forever hold your peace!

Vagabond

🥇 Kévin Aymoz 🇫🇷
🥈 Starr Andrews 🇺🇸
🥉 Kimmie Repond 🇨🇭

😌 :cheer: :cheer2: (y)

Thank you to everyone who voted, and especially to @Karen-W !
Karen and I plan to bring the thread back next season, probably once again in the Kiss and Cry rather than the Trash Can. :blocjudge

The thread name may change, the rules may change, but we'll be back! (And most likely, Kévin will too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information