Skate Canada Gala TSN/CTV broadcast?

The Observer

Does anyone know if TSN/CTV has announced when they will broadcast the Skate Canada Gala?

They usually broadcast it about 1-2 weeks after it takes place. :)

The Observer

Just posted in the 2019 Skate Canada International forum in the Kiss & Cry section by @victorskid:

"For those in Canada - TSN is recording it for a delayed broadcast which is currently scheduled for 8-10 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 3rd on TSN2."

Thanks, Sylvia. :)

There may be additional broadcasts as well, since sometimes TSN shows it 2 or 3 times on different days.

schatzi

Just checked my Bell Guide it is showing Skate Canada Gala will be aired from 3-5 pm on TSN2 to-day November 4th 2019,That is channel 401 on the Bell Guide in Canada

schatzi

Just checked Bell Express TSN2 is repeating the Skate Canada Gala to -night Nov 7th from 10pm to 12mn. Channel 401 on Bell Express Vu Canada

The Observer

Is CBC covering Four Continents in Seoul

Probably not.

According to the podcast with Scott Russell & PJ Kwong, the broadcast rights to figure skating & speed skating were so expensive that CBC will probably only be able to broadcast the Worlds.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Probably not.

According to the podcast with Scott Russell & PJ Kwong, the broadcast rights to figure skating & speed skating were so expensive that CBC will probably only be able to broadcast the Worlds.
But it could be streamed like they did for the GP series. Also I'm pretty sure the ISU livestream will be available in Canada

Skate Talker

@alilou - since ISU is currently live streaming the European Championships I don't believe they can do any less for Four Continents and CBC seems not to be inclined to block Canadian viewers. If they do I can't see them not providing a live feed on their own website.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
@alilou - since ISU is currently live streaming the European Championships I don't believe they can do any less for Four Continents and CBC seems not to be inclined to block Canadian viewers. If they do I can't see them not providing a live feed on their own website.
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'd be astonished it we couldn't just watch the ISU feed.

The Observer

Yes, that's probably what will happen. A live feed, but not a television broadcast.

We'll have to wait for Worlds to get a CBC t.v. broadcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information