Savchenko/Massot benefit exhibition in Newington, CT on March 26, 2016 at 2 pm

Sylvia

TBD
http://www.newingtonarena.com
Join us to see the “Worlds Best” on March 26th @ 2PM. Five time world Champion, Aliona Savchenko and her partner Bruno Massot will be joining other world and national competitors before the World Championship in Boston. All proceeds will go to St. Francis Hospital Cancer Program.
Only $5 admission price - hopefully some in the area will be able to make the show!

smurfy

I went! Nice show. Loved the young skaters - great energy.
Crowd - I would say mostly family of the skaters and other skaters.

Savchenko & Massot - loved seeing them live for the first time. I have always thought she was amazing. They did their short program, I felt they skated safe. Nice split and a good throw. This is my bias - I really really want to love them, but I do miss Robin. Bruno is very impressive, but he pales vs Robin. Over time, I guess. But I loved Aliona with Robin. But it is nice to have her on US ice.
Franz Streubel- german man for Worlds -Spoke to the crowd, pulled his tendon earlier in the day and doctor order him to rest for a few days, so he did not skate. Hope he gets to skate in Boston. He did take the ice for the final bows.
Miriam Ziegler and Severin Kiefer - Austrian pairs - nice team
Brooklee Han - good program. Loved her costume - unitard - black, the top looking like a vest.
One thing - showed her experience. For most of the skaters, they were announced and barely got in position and their music started. Brooklee was the first one that asked for the music to be restarted.
Nice warm up for Worlds!
Sorry I am not good with technical critique.

Sylvia

TBD
Thank you for sharing your impressions, @smurfy! :) I hope Streubel will be okay by next week.
(BTW, Newington is Brooklee Han's training rink but she is not competing at Worlds this year.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information