Question about blocking

Judy

if I block someone - they can still read my posts?

when I block I don’t use it to attack someone but I thought the person couldn’t read what I wrote too. I sincerely just don’t want to engage with the poster.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Yes, people you put on Ignore can still read your posts.

But you shouldn't be able to see theirs unless you go out of your way to take them off Ignore to do it.

If you don't want to engage, don't.

Judy

Yes, people you put on Ignore can still read your posts.

But you shouldn't be able to see theirs unless you go out of your way to take them off Ignore to do it.

If you don't want to engage, don't.
Thanks. I have chosen not to. I just assumed I guess.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
If you get email notifications with thread updates, and someone you don't ignore quotes someone you do ignore, you'll see the text of the quote in the email, but not on the site itself, unless you actively open the quote.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
if I block someone - they can still read my posts?

when I block I don’t use it to attack someone but I thought the person couldn’t read what I wrote too. I sincerely just don’t want to engage with the poster.
Thanks for asking this. It was not clear to me either. So the block is one way. I don't want to see the posts by someone, for my own reasons. They will see my posts unless they too put me on ignore.

A related question may be- Can I ignore only certain posts by someone but miss all of their posts (if I put them on ignore)? I know I can ignore a thread by someone without putting that person on ignore.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Thanks for asking this. It was not clear to me either. So the block is one way. I don't want to see the posts by someone, for my own reasons. They will see my posts unless they too put me on ignore.

A related question may be- Can I ignore only certain posts by someone but miss all of their posts (if I put them on ignore)? I know I can ignore a thread by someone without putting that person on ignore.
I don't think that can be done. I'm not used to ignoring or blocking people, and as of now, I don't have anyone on ignore. I do know this, however. If you ignore someone that's started a thread in one of the forums, I don't believe you'll be able to see that thread at all.

I guess that's a chance someone has to take. If the person ignoring discovers they can no longer see the thread, and the person liked that thread, then the obvious choice would be to take the person off of ignore that started the thread.

On My Own

I don't think that can be done. I'm not used to ignoring or blocking people, and as of now, I don't have anyone on ignore. I do know this, however. If you ignore someone that's started a thread in one of the forums, I don't believe you'll be able to see that thread at all.

I guess that's a chance someone has to take. If the person ignoring discovers they can no longer see the thread, and the person liked that thread, then the obvious choice would be to take the person off of ignore that started the thread.
No, there's always a "Show Ignored Content" button at the bottom right of each list of threads. Just press that.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

I did exactly what your last paragraph described, for one or two threads. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information