Potential 4CC Entries

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Who will Japan send? If they are resting their A team, then I guess-
Men- Mura (PB 268), Tomono (PB 231), Murakami (PB 256)
Ladies- Wakaba (PB 217), Mihara (PB 218), Hongo (PB 199)

Top 4 from Chinese Nationals SP

Men SP
Han Yan 72.32 (PB 271)
Yudong Chen 67.38 (probably too young for JGP)
Yan Hao 64.14 (DOB 8/11/2003, PB 187) - too young for 4CC
Lei Zhu 63.50 (no idea)

Ladies SP
Xiangning Li 65.31 (PB 179)
Ziquan Zhao 65.27 (DOB 12/27/1997, PB 147)
Hongyi Chen 60.97 (DOB 9/19/2002, PB 133)- too young for 4CC
Xiangyi An 52.40 (DOB approx 2007)- too young for JGP

Pairs SP
Yu/Zhang 77.56 (PB 219)
Peng/Jin 76.62 (PB 204)
Gao/Xie 60.22 (DOB 4/13/2001 her, 9/19/1998 him, PB 165)
Wang/Wang 59.20 (PB 186)

Dance SD
Wang/Liu 60.06 (PB 158)
Song/Sun 49.95 (PB 130)
Ning/Wang 47.54 (PB 114)

Last edited:

olympic

For the US [Guesses] -

Men: Odd man out between Aaron, Brown and Rippon, Zhou, then Hochstein or Miner

Ladies: Hicks, Chen, Bell

Pairs: D/F, K/O, C/T. C/L have really been scraping bottom lately

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Four Continents is always such a booby prize for skaters from the USA, Canada, Japan and China who don't make the Olympic Team.

Last edited:

RoseRed

Four Continents is always such a booby prize for skaters from the USA, Canada, Japan and China who don't make the Olympic Team.
I think it depends. For something like dance in either country, the teams that are going are clear, so the younger teams getting 4CC is just good experience. For skaters who are tight in the Olympic race and then miss out, I'm sure it can feel a bit like that.

Sylvia

TBD
Who will Japan send?
Posted in the Japanese news thread in GSD yesterday:
Satoko Miyahara, *Kaori Sakamoto, Mai Mihara
Shoma Uno, Keiji Tanaka, Takahito Mura
Miu Suzaki/Ryuichi Kihara, *Narumi Takahashi/Ryo Shibata, *Riku Miura/Shoya Ichihashi
Kana Muramoto/Chris Reed, *Misato Komatsubara/Tim Koleto, *Rikako Fukase/Aru Tateno

Bolded skaters = named to the Olympic team
* = 4CC debut

Dobre

I think it depends. For something like dance in either country, the teams that are going are clear, so the younger teams getting 4CC is just good experience.

Not just good experience, but a significant achievement among the young U.S. dance teams. At least four young teams legitimately in the running--three of them with junior world titles in the last quadrennium. Anyone who goes to 4CCs will likely earn world-standing points from a major international. The young U.S. teams need those points. The field has been too deep at home, and consequently, U.S. senior dance teams lose out on ranking points at the end of the season to teams from other countries with lower finishes. And the U.S. dance field is so deep that even placements high up on the SB list aren't enough to be sure one will get a second GP or a host spot, which--again--means fewer world-standing points relative to teams that are defeated head-to-head. 4CCs could mean a lot to these young teams.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I think it depends. For something like dance in either country, the teams that are going are clear, so the younger teams getting 4CC is just good experience. For skaters who are tight in the Olympic race and then miss out, I'm sure it can feel a bit like that.

Agreed. History has proved that very much, with the likes of Hubbell & Donohue winning the dance title in 2014, and Weaver & Poje in 2010.

GloriaW

4CC is still an ISU Championship event, and thus placements are worth an extraordinary amount of points relative to other competitions. For those "4-6" skaters looking for a boost in the rankings, which can further compound during the post-Olympic season when either retirements or "sabbaticals" occur, it can really play a key factor in determining Grand Prix slots to kick off the next Olympic cycle.

At least, there is a few weeks gap between 4CC this time, and the US and Canadian nationals. IIRC, back in 2010, the skaters went from one competition (national championships) and the disappointment of not making an Olympic team, immediately to 4CC which was in Asia, which is a tough turnaround even under 'normal' circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information