Larry Loupolover is now representing Bulgaria (?).

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
According to the list of entries from the upcoming Volvo Cup, Larry Loupolover has switched from representing Azerbaijan to Bulgaria.

Assuming this is true (and I'm hoping it is just like I'm hoping Leonova will be added to this event or at least the Ice Mall Fantasy Experience), that means there is a very slight chance of seeing Loupolover at Euros or at least random challenger events in the future.

For those unacquainted with Loupolover--and I hope that list is even smaller than the list of those unacquainted with Aiza Mambekova--here are a couple of his most exciting programs.

"Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You" - I had the absolute privilege of seeing this live at 2016 Euros. Even though I don't actually like skating, I decided to go to Slovakia the same weekend U.S. nationals was 15 miles from my house and this was one of the main reasons why. And I was not disappointed!

Loupolover's next, and even sexier, short program is undoubtedly the steamiest three minutes on video this side of the swimming pool sex scene in Showgirls.

I hope he returns to music that is associated with Drop Dead Gorgeous this season and skates to "Conga" by Miami Sound Machine or "Don't Cry Out Loud" by Melissa Manchester. Or a combination of the two.

Last edited:

Erin

Banned Member
:lol: I have to admire the guy...when a better skater comes along in his first adopted country, what does he do? Does he give up and retire? Does he accept that he will be stuck going to only B events and no more Euros or Worlds? Nope, he just finds a new country! And hey, at least he has definitely been to Bulgaria - 2018 Jr Worlds were in Sofia. (I have no idea whether he has been to Azerbaijan or not, but its reputation precedes it thanks to Kristin Fraser.)

I’d seen the second program to The Weekend, but the first one at Euros was new to me. He was such a baby!

Vagabond

Larry Loupullover is Joffrey Bourdon's pseudonym. :sekret:

And I am digging the transliteration of his name from Bulgarian. :giggle:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information