IS ANYONE ELSES RINK HERE NOT HAVING AN AFTERNOON PUBLIC SKATE?

FSWer

Say,I just wanted to check in with all our Skaters here and ask about this....By any chance is your rink not having an afternoon Public Skate and only holding it in the evenings or whenever because of ****19? Because I just called my Rink Newington Arena to ask if there having it, and they told me it started back up a month ago, but that they're not having it every day like they used to and that you need to go to their website to see when they are having it,and that it will more likely be in a 6:00 range or somewhere around there. Is my rink the only rink doing this (not having afternoon or every day Public Skate? Am I the only Skater missing out? Can anyone please help? Thanks.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
My rink also is only having public skate at night: usually on Friday and Saturday evenings. They're still only having a certain number of people allowed in the building, due to Covid, so that's part of it.

FSWer

Ok. Because my Rink told me it was because of ****19. I'm stiill confused to what ****19 has to do with when you have something.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
The rules where I live mean you can only have a certain number of people in an ice rink, lower than normal, and it's to help stop the spread of Covid. It may be the same where you live.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Lots of rinks are changing their public skate times. Sometimes it's because they don't have enough staff members to run the same sessions that they used to. Sometimes it's because of the local COVID rules that restrict how many skaters can be on the ice, or how long the session can last.

So, no, @FSWer you are not the only skater that is missing out.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I went to the Galleria Houston for the first time in ages the other day and there was no one skating at the ice rink (with the big Xmas tree that Tara had to skate around). I thought it was strange because it was the afternoon, but I also saw that there was no one at the front desk. Who knows what's up there.

MarciajsR

Pettit National Ice Center has discontinued their afternoon public skates. Other rinks are continuing them.

ioana

It seems public/general skates are not fully back to pre-cov!d frequency. Most freestyle sessions at a lot of rinks are back, but the university-affiliated rink where I skate still hasn't figured out general skates. Am not sure whether or not this an option, but in case you could sign up for lessons again FSWer you could try to go to a freestyle session if your rink has them? I know they're more expensive than public skates, but maybe going at least twice a month would be better than not at all. If you get a coach, they should be able to tell you which freestyle sessions are less busy/a good fit for lower-level skaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information