Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier commence training under Brubaker, Berton

Sylvia

TBD
Denney, Frazier seek fresh start in Chicago area
Former world junior champions commence training under Brubaker, Berton

Posted 4/25/16 by Sarah S. Brannen, special to icenetwork
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/04/25/174418670
Excerpt:
... Denney and Frazier recently moved from their training base in Florida to the Chicago area to start working with Rockne Brubaker and Stefania Berton, and they have brought on Marina Zoueva to choreograph their programs. Their new free skate is to "Somewhere in Time;" they say they are still working on the short program and won't announce the music for another few weeks.
"It was a long year for them," Brubaker said. "To get to the level of second at nationals and have to take a step back is hard for an athlete. She's on the ice, she's jumping, she's throwing; we're still being very conscious of the injury. Especially with them being young athletes, we want to be very careful about the future, make sure we're not overdoing it."
(ETA: This article link is also posted in the U.S. Pairs news thread but I thought it also deserved a more visible news thread.)

Last edited:

Lacey

I think Rockne is an excellent choice of coach and am sure his wife might prove to be great too.

Jem X

Pokemon forever
Oh man, Haven totally destroyed her knee. The ACL, PCL and lateral and bilateral meniscus. She is gonna have major arthritis in a few years. Hope she will be able to recover from this, but I think it will take much longer than originally thought. This is an American football type injury.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
oh god, and they're still thinking of throw triple axel and throw quad.... with that knee of hers.. I'm just cringing at the thought of this sitting at my desk.. pairs girls are fearlessly amazing.

That was my exact thought too when I read that yesterday. I thought after all those rips and tears they still want to go for throw quads? Now Yuko is probably done as well. I keep hoping NOT to hear of any accidents regarding Duhamel. Fingers crossed. I think a quad twist and sbs 3/3 are enough point getters than risking destroying your legs/ankles/knees on throws.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
"Somewhere in Time" is an...interesting choice of program, given the time that's passed since they last competed. I wish them all the best, but it's going to be hard for them if they have to be careful about not re-injuring Denney's knee.

madm

"Somewhere in Time" is an...interesting choice of program, given the time that's passed since they last competed. I wish them all the best, but it's going to be hard for them if they have to be careful about not re-injuring Denney's knee.

Rockne and Keauna used this same music for their short program in 2006-2007 (their first season).

Jem X

Pokemon forever
Has there been any official statement as to why they left Ingo/what happened to Ingo Steuer?
I thought Ingo had to go back to Germany because he didn't have any pairs to coach other than Denney and Frazier. Probably visa/alien card issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information