Gifs

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Bumping this up to find out if this has changed as gifs now seem to be being used by some posters as their avatars.

If it has is there a way to block the avatars of those who have gifs in them?

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Bumping this up to find out if this has changed as gifs now seem to be being used by some posters as their avatars.

If it has is there a way to block the avatars of those who have gifs in them?
Why? They're not in the way and I think they're fun.

bladesofgorey

Yeah. I agree -they are really fun/amusing but I also suffer from neurological issues that make any page with them on it pretty much unreadable for me so I'll need to start closing or skipping pages with them on it which sucks. I don't want to put people on ignore because that's not a good solution and I otherwise want to read their comments.
Edited to add: for Chrome browser users there does appear to be an add-on to block these which might be a solution for some of us on desktops at least: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gif-blocker/ahkidgegbmbnggcnmejhobepkaphkfhl

honey

I add into the requests for finding a way to block the gifs. I find myself getting nauseous when trying to read a post and in the corner of my eye there is a gif moving all about.

Hedwig

Antique member
Yeah. I agree -they are really fun/amusing but I also suffer from neurological issues that make any page with them on it pretty much unreadable for me so I'll need to start closing or skipping pages with them on it which sucks. I don't want to put people on ignore because that's not a good solution and I otherwise want to read their comments.
Edited to add: for Chrome browser users there does appear to be an add-on to block these which might be a solution for some of us on desktops at least: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gif-blocker/ahkidgegbmbnggcnmejhobepkaphkfhl
I tried it. It blocks the emojs like :rollin: but not the gifs unfortunately 😢

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The GIFs don't bother me because I rarely notice them. But given that they are triggering physical problems in some people, I think they should go. Even if that is just a small amount of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information