FOFS tiers, change of rates, etc

moonvine

The total goal for 2023-24 FOFS has been significantly reduced to $100,000, per the USFS page with the running counter of donations.
As recently as yesterday, the page showed that the total 2023-24 goal was $250,000.
(The change in the amount of the total goal also makes a difference in the running percentage of the goal that has been reached, which is shown on the page as well.)

Thanks for sharing. (y)
@ice coverage why on earth would they reduce the goal? They want less money?

moonvine

I'd suggest changing the title to "USFS Friends of Figure Skating" rather than "FOFS". There might be people who want to discuss Friends but who don't get the acronym.

ETA: Reading the FAQ, this excuse about the donation levels rising because skaters' costs are rising is BS. I'm sure it's true that skaters are facing more expenses, but I can't imagine that total FOFS donations are big enough to offset more of those expenses.
I am not sure how to change the title.

ice coverage

@ice coverage why on earth would they reduce the goal? They want less money?

I'm sure USFS would like to receive as much money as possible from FOFS. đź’µ
If I had to guess why USFS reduced the total goal, I think the idea would be that the reduction improves the optics of progress toward the total goal.

For example, the USFS counter at present shows that "8% of goal" has been donated, because $7754 has been donated toward the reduced total goal of $100,000.
If the original goal of $250,000 had not been changed, $7754 would be only 3% of the total goal.

I have no idea how successful (or not) USFS will be with FOFS donations this season.
If the total goal is surpassed, I'm sure USFS would be happy for a future marketing pitch to say: "FOFS donations exceeded our goal by such-and-such percentage!" (And/or: "By XYZ dollars!")
(OTOH, it would be awkward if USFS were unable to meet the total goal. Reducing the total goal helps avoid that outcome.)

I am not sure how to change the title.

I think you have to make a request to the admins by posting in the thread below:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information