CARLY GOLD

Sylvia

TBD
Here's an article from last year: https://www.ifsmagazine.com/new-focus-for-carly-gold/
Since retiring, [Carly] Gold has moved on with her life. She is enrolled as a fulltime student at Marymount California University, majoring in business. She has also taken classes in photography at Santa Monica College, which has given her a new creative outlet. “I took the first class so that I could get better at taking Instagram pictures,” she explained. “And I liked it so much that I took a more advanced class.”

Sylvia

TBD
Here's an article/interview with Carly when she announced her retirement after 2016 U.S. Nationals (her senior AND national debut): http://figureskatersonline.com/news...-from-competitive-skating-i-achieved-my-goal/
“I attended the 2006 Nationals in St. Louis when I was ten years old. I vividly recall being mesmerized by the senior ladies event. They became my instant role models! From that moment on, my goal was to compete at the senior level at the U.S. Championships, no matter what it took.
Exactly ten years later, I achieved my goal. It took hard work, dedication and resilience. Along the way, others suggested I try to find a different hobby, knowing I was less talented and would always be in the shadow of my twin sister. Of course, they were right. But for me, it was never about sibling rivalry, it was my own passion for the sport that pushed me forward. Despite hardships and many disappointments, I would not change a second of my journey. What an amazing life it’s been!

Last edited:

Winnipeg

Wow, does she ever sound like she has a good head on her shoulders. Very mature, positive and shows a lot of life acumen and perspective .

Good for her!!

Jammers

Her dream came true in 2016 finally making Nationals as a Senior. Making Nationals was her goal and when she did she had nothing left to prove and retired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information