Bridget Jones' Baby

manhn

Usually, I find it weird that they would completely disregard the next book, but I'm fine with it here because the third book sucked.

Looking forward to this! I'm really wanting to enjoy a new Zellwegger movie!

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
I think she looks fine! She pulls off the most wonderful "Home Counties" British accent too!

Can't say I've loved her in anything else bar these films!

I didn't mind the 3rd book at all, always thought Darcey was a bit of a knob so hope she ends up with music festival guy in this one! Apparently she even doesn't know the ending herself as she filmed a few scenarios.

VGThuy

Her face looks a lot better here than when people were shocked at her appearance some time last year (or was it the year before). I wasn't too big of a fan of hers during her hey day but I have to say it is nice to see her in a movie again. I hope she keeps getting roles.

rjblue

Having a great day!
I was enjoying the trailer until McDreamy popped up. Ewwww.

I can see that he and Pierce Brosnan are handsome men, but they both give me the heebie-jeebies. Don't know why.

oleada

I thought she looked fine too. I didn't read the third book but I want to see this :shuffle:

topaz

LOL... I love the line "did you have a three way"?

I can't remember if I read the third book. I've always wanted her to be with Darcy.

I love the Bridget Jones movies. I have watched them many times and I still cringe and laugh at the scene from the first book when Bridget is attempting to quiet the crowd at book premier. "Oy, Oy".

Here is the clip https://youtu.be/tcIaT5D4Iwc

VGThuy

Regarding the third book...

Didn't Darcy die in the third book? I remember hearing that on the news.

Artemis@BC

^ Re: the third book, yes. That was part of the problem with the book. But an even bigger problem was the fact that she was 15 years older and hadn't grown up a single bit. Her Bridget-ness was entertaining when she was in her 20s, but tedious when she was in her 40s.

The movie could be good though.

Xela M

Hated all the Bridget Jones films (I don't think I sat through them in their entirety). I found them so bad.

An I don't like Zellweger or her new botoxed face (don't people see that she can't move her face?)

I don't understand why all these young actresses do this to themselves. What's wrong with keeping your facial features like Meryl Streep or Helen Mirren?

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Hated all the Bridget Jones films (I don't think I sat through them in their entirety). I found them so bad.

An I don't like Zellweger or her new botoxed face (don't people see that she can't move her face?)

Right. So it makes perfect sense that you'd want to read and contribute to a thread about Bridget Jones. :lol:

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
I don't understand why all these young actresses do this to themselves. What's wrong with keeping your facial features like Meryl Streep or Helen Mirren?
Because now they have to compete with Jennifer Lawrence for all the middle-aged woman roles.

Cachoo

Looking forward to this film and I give the UK all of the credit for not discarding actresses when they are ancient (40.) :p

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Doesn't Hollywood just cast women in their 30s to play all female roles? Be it teenager, middle aged or older?

Yes, but Jennifer Lawrence is 25 and she keeps landing 40+ yrs roles. by the time she's 30 she'll be playing the older version of Rose in the inevitable Titanic reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information