According to TSL...(Savchenko gossip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Replying to @Quadjump's question here:
Dave Lease has talked about what Aljona is doing in the US these days. I did not really understand all the details and gossip and why Dave calls it kind of dirty.
Can somebody with more knowledge please explain the issue that is happening.
Starting at this point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UN88ONqfMM&t=3668s

Aljona Savchenko has been in Monument, Colorado coaching (first mentioned in the Savchenko/Massot retirement thread) and she is rumored to be skating with T.J. Nyman (Brynne McIsaac was announced as his most recent partner back in February but they have since split), coached by Dalilah Sappenfield.

ETA that "(Savchenko gossip)" was added to this thread title later and not by me.

Last edited:

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Off topic but listening to the video from that point onwards it seems it was KMT that Aljona mooed at :eek: It's at about 1:15:30 just after Jonathon suggests that KMT should have asked Aljona to coach them. Dave tells the story and it was KMT she mooed at. I knew about the story but who it was is news to me.

angi

Aljona Savchenko has been in Monument, Colorado coaching (first mentioned in the Savchenko/Massot retirement thread) and she is rumored to be skating with T.J. Nyman (Brynne McIsaac was announced as his most recent partner back in February but they have since split), coached by Dalilah Sappenfield.
So many things about this are :yikes:but how does this even suppose to work citizenship-wise?

sap5

Off topic but listening to the video from that point onwards it seems it was KMT that Aljona mooed at :eek: It's at about 1:15:30 just after Jonathon suggests that KMT should have asked Aljona to coach them. Dave tells the story and it was KMT she mooed at. I knew about the story but who it was is news to me.
What was the story?

Quadjump

The interesting thing is that Aljona herself shared this TSL video via her instragram account. She wants the gossip to be spread around.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
What was the story?
It's in the video at 1:15 ish? Maybe I should have said gossip instead?
Dave just says (in response to Jonathan saying KMT should have run to Aljona for coaching) that Aljona once mooed at Kirsten when she saw her eating ice cream and then said "back in the day before she was with her nice husband" .
There has been recent conversations around here where it came up but this was the first time I saw a name mentioned. I suspect the name was mentioned so Dave could show Jonathan why KMT would never get coaching from Aljona ;)

As for those asking when, KMT and Dylan started competing against Aljona at SC 2009. The following seasons leading into 2014 they were a number of competitions together and close enough in standings you might want to moo at your competition ;)

I have no idea when she started dating her husband (the implication Dave gave was it happened before they got together).

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I have no idea when she started dating her husband (the implication Dave gave was it happened before they got together).
right after she quit skating with Robin so shortly after the 2014 Olympics.

canbelto

Jesus, she's accomplished all there is to accomplish and has a young child and husband and she's still globe-trotting for a partner?

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Sorry to ask but...

What does “mooed” mean? I’m guessing “gossiped to” ...”spilled the beans”...yes? Even Urban Dictionary doesn’t provide a straight definition.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Sorry to ask but...

What does “mooed” mean? I’m guessing “gossiped to” ...”spilled the beans”...yes? Even Urban Dictionary doesn’t provide a straight definition.
I took it to mean she literally "mooed" at the skater in question, the same way that stupid teenage boys moo at chubby girls to imply they are fat cows.

canbelto

Things I learned from this thread:

1. Aljona is rumored to be partner-shopping yet again
2. But she could be coaching
3. But in 2009 she might or might not have "mooed" at another pairs team
4. And this makes it unlikely she's coaching now?

Is that it?

hanca

Values her privacy
She must be absolutely desperate for a partner if she's taking that route.
Firstly, would he be able to get German citizenship in time? I am guessing they would represent Germany rather than the USA.
Secondly, it took two years to get Massot to a decent level. Why would she think that this partnership will need less time? I would say Nyman is on much lower level than Massot was when he started skating with Savchenko.
So from the reasons above, I do not believe Savchenko plans to compete with Nyman. She might be optimistic, but she is not deluded.

starrynight

I’m trying to think of any reason Savchenko could have had for antagonising a then 17 year old KMT (if it’s true that this happened in 2009).

KMT wasn’t even a worlds competitor then and would have represented literally zero competitive threat. I’m more surprised that Savchenko even bothered to give KMT the time of day.

Re the partner. It might just be that Savchenko is skating with Nyman just because she wants to skate.

For example, I think (based of a fleeting social media glimpse so don’t quote me) Kaitlyn Weaver is recreationally skating with a New York based ice dancer occasionally for practice. She’s still in a primary partnership with Andrew Poje, but due to border closures it’s not possible for them practice together.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I’m trying to think of any reason Savchenko could have had for antagonising a then 17 year old KMT (if it’s true that this happened in 2009).

KMT wasn’t even a worlds competitor then and would have represented literally zero competitive threat. I’m more surprised that Savchenko even bothered to give KMT the time of day.

Re the partner. It might just be that Savchenko is skating with Nyman just because she wants to skate.

For example, I think (based of a fleeting social media glimpse so don’t quote me) Kaitlyn Weaver is recreationally skating with a New York based ice dancer occasionally for practice. She’s still in a primary partnership with Andrew Poje, but due to border closures it’s not possible for them practice together.
My understanding was that it happened sometime when Aljona was still skating with Robin, so KMT could have been 22 when Aljona apparently mooed at her if it happened in 2014.

Maybe Aljona views TJ as a long term project. Or she's just skating with him to help him improve his partnering skills.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Things I learned from this thread:

1. Aljona is rumored to be partner-shopping yet again
2. But she could be coaching
3. But in 2009 she might or might not have "mooed" at another pairs team
4. And this makes it unlikely she's coaching now?

Is that it?
No, #3 means KMT probably doesn't want to be coached by Aliona (since she is the skater in question who was mooed according to the TSL interview)

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
If TJ Nyman is UK born and Aljona is married to a Brit, maybe she's doing this with an eye to compete for the UK??
Still tho.... seems a stretch
I think even with the marriage she’d need to live in the UK for 3 years. (5 without being married.) I’m not certain but I don’t think being married 3 years would be enough if she hadn’t lived there.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I hadn’t watched TSL before but I did watch the last 20 minutes of the clip and quite enjoyed it! :shuffle: I wasn’t expecting to at all after what I have read about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information