2021 ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships have been cancelled

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Interesting they choose to cancel instead of postpone it to late 2021

FSWer

Isn't it a little too early to be deciding competitions for late 2021? It's not even Dec. 2020 yet for crine out loud. We do even know were will be with .....19 by then.

Sylvia

TBD
Junior Worlds was scheduled for the first week of March 2021 and involves many skaters under the age of 18, so it's not surprising that the ISU decided to cancel rather than postpone and/or relocate.

ETA: I feel very sorry for all the ISU Junior age-eligible skaters who were hoping to be able to compete. :(

Last edited:

briancoogaert

Sad news but expected. Sad for all those skaters who won't be allowed to compete next season due to age restriction. :(

Samurina

Hopefully, they extend all ages so that all juniors eligible this season are eligible for next season. Also, that skaters like Sofia AKATIEVA (RUS) will be able to compete next year.

kalamalka

Very disappointed for the skaters (junior careers are so short, and for many the chance to compete at JW is the highlight of their skating careers), but not at all surprised and at least the decision was made early.

And I am SO GLAD that I made it to my first JW in Tallinn this year. Having no idea at the time that it would be my only travel of 2020, and the only live skating I would see.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I do feel back for the Junior skaters. I'm glad some of them go to do a "GP" at least even if it was less a GP than a domestic comp. At least they got all the pomp and circumstances of a GP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information