2024 US Figure Skating Championships

MacMadame

Doing all the things

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Hi! I'm arriving at the Drury on Thursday. How far is it to the arena, and does the area seem safe for walking at night?
I just arrived at the Drury this afternoon. The desk clerk might be the nicest hotel clerk I've ever met!

Your profile pic looks like it may be from a photo I took at 2009 Worlds!

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I have to correct misinformation I posted here yesterday; it's too late to edit the old post. Ice cream at the North Market Jeni's stand is  not $1.50 per scoop (I misinterpreted the sign); it is $6.25 for a fairly small dish with up to two flavors.
A pint of Jeni's is $8.49 at my local Kroger, so yeah. There would be an endless line if you could get a scoop for $1.50.

mtnskater

The Graduate Hotel IS in a very cool location. Side note: large chair in my room has a needlepoint looking picture of John Glenn on the seat back 😁 Lots of shops and restaurants to explore in Short North. Despite drizzly weather, lots of people eating out. Felt very safe walking to meet friends for dinner at Martini’s right next to the Hilton. Tomorrow night we are going to The Pearl. Haven’t been to the arena yet, so appreciate the reports from those who have! Sounds like I can take my clear bag in tomorrow….I hope 🤞

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
If you're staying at any of the hotels connected to the convention center, I finally spotted a water filling station in the convention center near the entrance to the South Marketplace food court. Had a good walk through the CC this morning exploring all the food options. There are quite a few with a full food court, including Subway, and a couple of other cafes spread throughout the center.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
If someone there could ask the USA Flag people if they plan to be at 4CCs, I would love you forever!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The K&C is the worst ever. Not even the event logo? I assume K&C signage was part of the sponsorship deal but could USFS at least have something on there that actually mentions the event?
I am guessing (also hoping) that this is the early KnC and it will get better later in the week, especially for the Seniors. That has been known to happen in the past.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
If someone there could ask the USA Flag people if they plan to be at 4CCs, I would love you forever!
I’ve seen the “flag people” in the Jr singles streams here at Nats.

The flag people were in the Nice worlds in the early ‘00s. Don’t know after that.

acraven

Does anyone know what hours are kept by the food court eateries at the Convention Center? Are rhey open only when there's a convention at the venue? If they are open at other times as well, what general hours might we expect? We're wondering about convenient options when we have a short turnaround later in the week.

THnks.

Debbie S

Does anyone know what hours are kept by the food court eateries at the Convention Center? Are rhey open only when there's a convention at the venue? If they are open at other times as well, what general hours might we expect? We're wondering about convenient options when we have a short turnaround later in the week.

THnks.
Some of the food court stands - Subway, a Greek place, a burger place, pizza, chicken - were open today but other eateries outside of the food court weren't. We were there for lunch, but walking through just now, it looked like they were all closed for the day/night.

peibeck

Simply looking
Had a good walk through the CC this morning exploring all the food options. There are quite a few with a full food court, including Subway, and a couple of other cafes spread throughout the center.

I know, I know... sensitive tummy. But a gal from New Orleans talking about bland Subway and Panera....? Sigh. It puts death in my soul. :drama:

acraven

Thanks for the food info, @Debbie S .

They're hand-searching bags at the SE entrance to the arena today; they made me dump the water out of my bottle. I had no food in the tote bag (stuff your pockets!), else I imagine that would have been noticed if not well hidden.

I suspect the scanner is broken--and there's only one of those at each entrance in any case. We're expecting major delays at the door for popular events--but maybe we're unduly pessimistic.

Showing up at North Market after mid-afternoon may limit your choices, but I've been able to get Moroccan food at that hour. The beef brisket (BBQ) stand told us we needed to get there considerably earlier to be sure of finding beef still available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information