Recent content by Yazmeen

1. Yazmeen

Gracie Gold's memoir published February 2024

Based on Gracie's issues with her parents, it's not surprising to bring up the not so fabulous skate parents of the past.
  2. Yazmeen

The Skating Lesson

I have no issue with him going to Patreon; if that’s what he wants, I agree, go for it. But maybe he could have given folks a heads up or warning about what he was going to do instead of just pulling a video and dropping it on them suddenly? Just a courtesy maybe?
  3. Yazmeen

The Skating Lesson

I follow TSL on Facebook, but I honestly don't listen to/watch the recaps; I had enough of Zoom calls during the worst days of the pandemic, and that's what they remind me of. I mostly enjoy the old videos TSL posts of past skaters. I didn't watch the Worlds recaps video before it got pulled to...
  4. Yazmeen

I live north of Philly, and I still haven't forgiven the "D*mn Yankees" for moving their AA franchise from our beloved Trenton Thunder to another city in NJ. Their reasoning? A "better demographic" - a polite way to say "whiter neighborhood." Trenton got the draft league and they CONTINUE to...
  5. Yazmeen

Pat Lipinski made two big errors during Tara's skating career: One - she couldn't keep her big mouth shut and always seemed to be complaining about how unfair "poor Tara" was being treated; and Two - deciding that Tara would absolutely be the next Dorothy Hamill because she won the gold medal...
  6. Yazmeen

Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

Or as my brother likes to say at his minor league baseball team's games, the soloist decides there is a scout for "American Idol" in the stands and then proceeds to wail, bleat, and strangle the anthem to "make it their own." Bleah.
  7. Yazmeen

Worlds 2024 Men FS: ‘Putting the Eh? in Standing Ovation’

It's been a while since I watched any part of Worlds live, but DH and I watched the last flight of men last night - overall, a skate for the ages. I held my breath every time Ilia went up for a jump, but I obviously didn't need to. Absolutely amazing, and his TES and PCS scores were...
  8. Yazmeen

Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

As much as I love C/B, I’d love to see the Italians take this.
  9. Yazmeen

Worlds 2024 Women FS: ‘Where Have All The Knitters Gone?’

OOps, double post, I'm tired, sorry.
  10. Yazmeen

Would a stylist get her away from her mother and get rid of the fussy dresses and the bleeping GLOVES already????
  11. Yazmeen

Has Kim realized she has a medal yet????
  12. Yazmeen

Another reason why I love her. Being a car dealer's daughter, I named all my cars over the past 24 years for my favorite skaters. My 2000 silver BMW3 was "Wing" for Michelle Kwan. My 2006 C-Class was a bit temperamental, so she was "Sasha" for Cohen. The 2013 C-Class was "Kati" (hey, German...
  13. Yazmeen

Worlds 2024 Pairs FS: ‘The wedgie always gets its woman’

Isn’t there something going on with Evan Lysacek that you can whine about instead of annoying us on a celebratory night? I’m sure there’s a conspiracy theory calling your name out there…😵‍💫🤪🤮
  14. Yazmeen

Worlds 2024 Pairs FS: ‘The wedgie always gets its woman’

Question - is Deanna the oldest world champion figure skater ever?
Do Not Sell My Personal Information