Recent content by ~tapdancer~

1. ~tapdancer~

U.S. Men 2023-24 news & updates

And oh my gosh, did he ever do it! I have never seen such an amazing skate. Ilia is WORLD CHAMPION!
  2. ~tapdancer~

Gilles and Poirier Cheer Thread

Piper and Paul were fantastic today! What a gorgeous FD. So happy for them winning the free and taking silver! So deserving and actually in my head, they are the World Champions. I remember back when they started together and the usual snark on FSU for them...they proved themselves quite worthy...
  3. ~tapdancer~

Ilia Malinin Fan Thread!

Epic is the word! I still can't believe what I saw. I was literally speechless. 40+ years of watching skating, I have never seen a skater do effortless jumps like that. Just fantastic. ILIA MALININ....WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!
  4. ~tapdancer~

U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

CPom came through at Worlds, great score. 7th overall and my feeling is they have established themselves as US #2 and maybe #1 depending on what C/B do. Anyway, I find them much better than all of the rest and I also think Z/K will be rising more. I have a heart for Pate/Bye and hope they see...
  5. ~tapdancer~

Soucisse & Firus Cheer Thread!

Happy to see them again at Worlds. I like them better as Irish! Congrats on their marriage!
  6. ~tapdancer~

Carreira/Ponomarenko Need a Cheer Thread

To be fair, Zachary Lagha got a L4 as well in the one foot. But CPom were stunning! 7th in the world!! They are on their way up for sure and I hope US ice dance rewards that...they have broken free from the pack of great teams, imo, in the US.
  7. ~tapdancer~

Irish citizenship isn't too difficult. 3 years residence and 3 years married or in a relationship with an Irish citizen for 3 years. I think they have the relationship covered and they are marrying this year. Not sure how long Carolane has been in residence in Ireland. They may squeak in for...
  8. ~tapdancer~

Duchesnays

They were just so different during that time period in ice dance. I remember their Jungle Dance just being so entertaining.
  9. ~tapdancer~

Thanks for that vid, wow that was pretty awesome. They look improved to me. Glad they are skating for Ireland so they get much more opportunity now.
  10. ~tapdancer~

What has Peter Caruthers been up to?

Kitty and Peter were the one sibling team I truly admired and I was thrilled with their silver medal in the 1984 Olympics. They are legend in US pairs skating history. Glad to know they are still part of figure skating.
  11. ~tapdancer~

Thanks for the pics! Wow, so classy they are. Gorgeous dress. Just stunning.
  12. ~tapdancer~

You are Green/Parsons' advisor. What should they do?

Probably because you were the poster right before she posted. It's ok. I just took it to mean that even though some may think they need a coaching change, their comments don't sound like that is an option right now.
  13. ~tapdancer~

That was a tough competition at 4CC. So many good skates. The top 9 teams were overall so good. It's frustrating when you make one little wobble and there goes a level. But overall they were fabulous here and I am thrilled they won bronze. Especially after just finishing Nationals and flying to...
  14. ~tapdancer~

Keeping Track of Criminal Cases & SafeSport Suspensions in Skating

I figured out the unnamed coach in the SC case, I remember him when he competed. Even then, he gave me a creep vibe. Didn't follow him after retirement cause I didn't much like him. Sad stuff.
  15. ~tapdancer~

Proposed tech requirement changes (ISU Congress June 2024)

I loved G&G but truly the best two shall skate as one was Tai and Randy. Especially that they were the same height (more or less). Modern pairs would benefit from watching both teams to see what pairs skating was designed to be.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information