Recent content by Spiralgraph

1. Spiralgraph

Yamaguchi & Shibutanis attended the 4/10/24 Japan State Dinner at the White House

My goodness both Kristi and Maia look ravishing. And Alex isn't bad either. :)
  2. Spiralgraph

U.S. Men 2023-24 news & updates

David Shapiro reminds me of Jonathan Cessar (spelling?); he of the fabulous spread eagles, another American skater whose triple jumps were iffy but the rest of his skating is stellar. Just proves even more that jumps are not the end all and be all. Best of everything to David, Jonathan and...
  3. Spiralgraph

2023-24 US Pairs Discussion - Chan you count Howe many teams we have?

Um Katie McBeath and her partner are not listed. He's not eligible to compete for the US yet?
  4. Spiralgraph

^^^ As example 1 let me point out Brandon Frazier. He and Haven Denny grew up together competing in roller skating then figure skating. At one time Brandon said he couldn't envision competing in figure skating without Haven. Well Haven had injuries and you know the rest. Circumstances change...
  5. Spiralgraph

Well next season our new Junior Champions will compete senior domestically. Olivia Flores/Luke Wang They completed triples and a sbs double axel combo in their LP at nationals and won the silver medal at junior worlds. There is hope out there, really!
  6. Spiralgraph

2023/24 Canadian Pairs: News & Updates

Don't forget Rena Inoue who skated with John Baldwin and landed a throw triple axel at the Olympics at age 33. Not Deanna's age, but still pretty good!
  7. Spiralgraph

To be slightly positive about US pairs (and I was a little down yesterday after their programs) the lifts of all the American pairs were outstanding. I love the lift of P/F where he's supporting her by holding her on her thigh. I've loved that lift ever since I saw Amanda and Mark perform it 15...
  8. Spiralgraph

U.S. Women [#5]: Remain on the Dance Floor

Perhaps Alysa wants to try for another Olympics. Who knows?
  9. Spiralgraph

Gracie Gold's memoir published February 2024

I'll be picking up my copy of Gracie's book at my library today. I've read all the spoilers in the thread so I'm somewhat prepared for her story. That she still wants to skate in any capacity is amazing after all she must've gone through.
  10. Spiralgraph

You are Green/Parsons' advisor. What should they do?

Well, I disagree. I think their previous coaches are very good for younger teams moving up through the junior level. But with rare exceptions (that Martha Graham number) they have not excelled at packaging or giving their senior teams good material or choreography. I should add that one of...
  11. Spiralgraph

I get a similar coach student vibe but it doesn't bother me and I do enjoy their performances. Although Danny looks like he could be the coach of his coach Drew Meekins! Regardless, he's the rock and foundation of K/O and I'll keep hoping Ellie improves landing the throws. They have practically...
  12. Spiralgraph

Valieva Banned for Four Years, Effective December 25, 2021

Nathan Chen is a 2X Gold Medalist! Vincent Zhou is a gold medalist! And Alexa, Brandon, Karen, Maddi H and Zach, Maddie C and Evan. Honestly I was half afraid a couple of them would be gone from this Earth before justice prevailed. Now I want to see a medal ceremony!
  13. Spiralgraph

UPDATE- USFS Has Named 2024 World Championships Team (Men and Pairs now included)

Just in case Spencer Howe's shoulder is not fully healed, who are the alternates in pairs?
  14. Spiralgraph

U.S. Ice Dance 2023-24 news & updates

Chock and Bates are considered old hat to some fans. They've been around so long people they don't excite as many fans as they used to, World Champions or not.
  15. Spiralgraph

I didn't state that pair chemistry had to rely on romantic chemistry. (The same for dance teams.) Two of my favorite US pairs of all time were Tai and Randy and Kitty and Peter Carruthers. Tai and Randy had superb chemistry and skated as one for decades and they didn't give off a romantic vibe...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information