Recent content by skatfan

1. skatfan

Papadakis/Cizeron #11 - OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALLISTS FOREVAH!!!

I wonder if this is smoke signal that P&C aren’t returning. I haven’t thought they would.
  2. skatfan

ISU Provisional Allotments for 2024, 2025 and 2026

Ack, you're right, I skimmed Wikipedia too quickly.
  3. skatfan

ISU Provisional Allotments for 2024, 2025 and 2026

Well, in Kao Miura's situation, it was a strategic decision by the Japanese skating federation to spread out their top men among the various championships.I'm sure he'd rather have gone to senior World's that year. And didn't Ilia compete in both Jr (won) and Sr Worlds (4th) in 2022? US Figure...
  4. skatfan

The Shoma Uno fan thread - Go for número UNO!

I’m not completely surprised. He’s accomplished a lot and Adam and Ilia have tech that he can’t compete with. I will treasure getting to see him skate in Anaheim at the 4CCs!
  5. skatfan

The Dance Hall 12: Boston Tea Dance Party

Hmmm. I didn't see anything explicit posted about the music needing to have originated in the 50s, 60s and 70s. I took the note about remixes as a clarification about new versions, not that it limited newer music, for example a new piece that is swing music. Maybe this is more clearly...
  6. skatfan

As I read the rules, the music doesn’t have to come from the period, as long as the music fits the dance style. Am I misreading something?
  7. skatfan

So will we get music from Hairspray? Seems like it would work.
  8. skatfan

ISU Chief Commercial & Marketing Officer - what would you do?

Reminder that this isn't just for figure skating - it includes speed skating, short track, synchro, etc.
  9. skatfan

U.S. Women [#5]: Remain on the Dance Floor

Aw. Still remember volunteering at 1999 Nationals during practice sessions and having Mr Nicks very politely asking me to ask Sasha to come out of the locker room. A gentleman!
  10. skatfan

Gymnastics #24 - The Road to Paris

If you search in American Classic on YouTube you can see some excellent fancam coverage.
  11. skatfan

Fall 2023 - Summer 2024 New/Returning TV/Streaming Shows

I’m enjoying Franklin on Apple+. Michael Douglas is the right age to play the part and is effectively roguish. Plus amazing costumes and scenes at Versailles!
  12. skatfan

Ilia Malinin Fan Thread!

So smart of his agent to post the whole show online! That's a way to get new fans.
  13. skatfan

Alysa Liu retired in 2022 and is coming back in 2024

Alysa just posted a clip of her doing 3Lutz-Euler-3sal: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C54d617vyfi/?igsh=MWQ1ZGUxMzBkMA==
  14. skatfan

Alysa Liu retired in 2022 and is coming back in 2024

She did a triple flip in that clip, didn’t she?
Do Not Sell My Personal Information