Recent content by peibeck

1. peibeck

2025 U.S. Nationals in Wichita, KS & Skate America returns to Allen, TX in 2024

Even people in the US will likely need flight connections as Wichita isn't a major hub. :respec: to you for considering flying all the was from Australia to middle America for a skating comp though.
  2. peibeck

Wichita and its suburbs have a population well over half a million people, so it's not really as remote as people would believe considering it's "flyover country" for coasters. Most exciting city I've ever visited? No, but being home to McConnell Air Force Base, I found some diversions there...
  3. peibeck

It's not a huge deal to me, but I was seriously contemplating volunteering if it was Peoria. Ironically, with the first tips I got I believed it was going to be Wichita though. Should have stuck with my gut. :lol:
  4. peibeck

I don't know. Maybe common sense prevailed that no one was going to go to Peoria, IL in January for Nationals as it's hardly the easiest destination to reach!?!?
  5. peibeck

2024-2025 NQS Series (U.S. qualifying competition season dates/locations)

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to burn some of my plethora of vacation time and visit @jkl and go to the Scott Hamilton Invitational in August?
  6. peibeck

Michelle Kwan (Threads Merged)

Imagining the kooky opposition already screaming, "But her followers have declared her a Kween! America isn't an oligarchy!" Honestly surprised it didn't come up in her senate hearing for her ambassador post. :scream:
  7. peibeck

US Adult Nationals in Cleveland April 2024

A Broadway and West End star getting a 3.5 in presentation... :drama:
  8. peibeck

Let's Talk Movies #36 - 2020 - Yep it is a new decade

I watched "Scoop" this afternoon. Strong performances, script was okay but I felt like they missed out on the tension the tv crew was under not just to get the "scoop," but because of the spectre of getting let go due to BBC's financial woes. It was important enough to be part of the lead off...
  9. peibeck

Fall 2023 - Summer 2024 New/Returning TV/Streaming Shows

If you enjoy stand-up and aren't a pearl clutcher, Neal Brennan has a new set called "Crazy Good" on Netflix and does a segment on athletes being crazy and it includes a section on figure skaters! :lol:
  10. peibeck

Will there be a US Nationals in 2025?

Both Nats and SKAM are going to be in the same state in the midwest. So no D.C. are for next skating season. I loved Worlds in D.C. though (venue and the great skating), and would love them to return there sometime.
  11. peibeck

U.S. Women [#5]: Remain on the Dance Floor

I AM delighted for Karen Chen, if not for her music.
  12. peibeck

Let's Talk Movies #36 - 2020 - Yep it is a new decade

Amazon's "A Very Royal Scandal" is about Prince Andrew apparently, not sure if it's solely about just this interview though. Also I'm not sure if it will be a movie or limited series, a la their "A Very British Scandal" series.
  13. peibeck

U.S. Women [#5]: Remain on the Dance Floor

It's already one too many. :saint:
  14. peibeck

Will there be a US Nationals in 2025?

I hear the last minute dumping of Florida created some tensions. :watch:
Do Not Sell My Personal Information