Recent content by MarieM

1. MarieM

The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

Ok the FD of the season goes HANDS down to the italians Guignard&Fabri. World champion material, and it can only go up up up. I love everything in it!
  2. MarieM

This is how ice dance works. You have to show how good you are first. And IMO their PCS were fine for where they are at :)
  3. MarieM

I loved H&B's FD. They got me into their bubble this time. I like their choice a lot. Maybe seeing them live in Montpellier helped that i do appreciate their skating more sur. But this FD is a little jewel. C&Bates were a bit meh. Not ready yet, and it showed. Biggest WOW moment was the baby...
  4. MarieM

Russian figure skating news & updates in 2022

He's russian, he shouldn't come unless the "situation" is finished in Ukraine.
  5. MarieM

Farewell, Fanyus

Good. Now we can all move on ;)
  6. MarieM

Yuzuru Hanyu announces his retirement from competition (updated after his press conference)

I wish he had gone Bowie in his skating, his only program watchable to me being his SP from what, 2 3 seasons ago ?
  7. MarieM

And thank whoever we have to for that. Have you ever seen them live? Their skills were atrocious at best: no lines, no edges, not able to hold the steps brrrrrrrrrr.
  8. MarieM

Please. They were grossly overscored and it was such a shame to see them top 10 at euros, I always had to drink to forget it. Their skills were never on par with the others they passed just because of Halina Goldon-Poltorak.
  9. MarieM

Russian figure skating news & updates in 2022

Diana Davis may be a good young person, she, as an ice dancer, can't skate. She can't hold edges for long, she has about zero musicality or music understanding, and she can only perform well when the program is rehearsed to death. Mind you, I know another ice dancer who is the same but at least...
  10. MarieM

Nathalie Pechalat out as President of FFSG

Nathalie asked Surya to be the godmother in Montpellier. To thank her, Surya chose to side with Didier's namesake who got elected.
  11. MarieM

She really had something when she "shunned" the old "glories" of the FFSG. It proves she was right to do so and she should have done more to get them out. And considering she had Brian & Candeloro host the french tour this year .... I just wanna puke.
  12. MarieM

Of course they weren't pleased. She would not do as others had before her and wanted to wash all of this from the FFSG. She had too short a time to do anything. And people who voted for the puppet, and those like Bonaly, Candeloro or Joubert who joined her team? They're like the puppetmaster...
  13. MarieM

Let's ask for the ministry to put the FFSG under its guidance. DG would flee.
  14. MarieM

The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

From his pictures, he's training in Italy and Milan so with Barbara I presume. So it might be that Adelina has found a new partner. I'm trying not to be too hopefull though.
  15. MarieM

ISU Congress & elections 2022

That is interesting. Why did she withdraw?! But alas, good that she's now out. Shawn Rettstatt IMO is no better. :(
Do Not Sell My Personal Information