Recent content by laviemn

1. L

Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Thank you for sharing this!
  2. L

The Dance Hall 7: Tripping the Light Fantastic 2019-2020

I didn't say say those coaches put no time and investment in their lower ranked teams, or that those teams never improved. I said those lower ranked teams are not going get the same time and investment of those coaches' flagship teams with whom they have long relationships and are the standard...
  3. L

If this results in any written work that can be shared, please link it here! I'd love to read it. BTW, I wondered if you read this quote from Guillaume about their FD: “This program is a little bit about death, but not in a really tragic way. It’s about two connected souls that want to find...
  4. L

The sheer amount of choreography they have to do has resulted in mostly competent programs in the last 2 seasons, and you're right that it's impressive considering some of the choreo produced by some smaller camps. I think it's a good situation for lower and mid-ranked teams, because I have...
  5. L

All Aboard the Han Yan Fan Van!

I loved that SP at first sight, and I've literally been waiting years for him to skate it clean. Thrilled for him!
  6. L

God, why say this. When H/D said they focused on performance over tech just for that competition at GPF last season, people hammered them with it every time they lost a level for the rest of season. So did Chock/Bates skate more cautiously at US Classic to get that level 4 pattern? Or was it a...
  7. L

I've been waiting for a good photo of this momemt since the first time I saw this lift. https://www.instagram.com/p/B4f7gdYo-PS/ OMG his second answer. ETA on second thought looks like the answers are from fans and he's commenting on them...
  8. L

Success breeds resentment. When all these voiceovers appeared, I wondered if someone at Gadbois rewatched I/K's Ghost and decided it was a work of staggering genius. Perhaps they watched the British Eurosport broadcast, those commentators actually did think it was brilliant believe it or not.
  9. L

I love the programs Dean choreographed for them, but I would like them to work with different people. Tom Dickson, Lori Nichol, any great choreographer who has not produced countless ice dance programs. Someone of stature who will produce a fully realized dance, and not just some movement that...
  10. L

Hiro Yoshida-Gillis answered a fan question about what Gabi & Guillaume are like as people, also said he has an interview coming. https://peing.net/en/q/aac76401-0891-4f24-983b-60eb94cd6707 The RD costumes successfully straddle a line between going all in with the concept and going overboard...
  11. L

Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Chock/Bates made a smart choice in picking music that didn't allow their choreographers to rely on a repertoire of moves they've used in past programs, which is clearly a temptation when they're producing eleventy million programs.
  12. L

Did you not consider Duet or the Mozart FD or the Charms waltz to be love stories? Here's a sharper performance of Power Over Me from All That Skate in June. Apparently the dancers had a party the night before which is probably why they were a bit off in this gala...
  13. L

The FD was incredible! All the issues I had with the poem and the recitation and the costumes just melted away as I watched it. I thought I would get into it by Euros like last season, when I was initially lukewarm about their FD, but I already love this more than Duet. The poem didn't stick...
  14. L

Can you install Opera browser? It has a built-in VPN. People on this forum have said it works for the ISU stream, just make sure you turn on the right setting. The reactions to the costumes on Twitter have been (insert head exploding emoji here). No one was emotionally prepared. @taz'smum I...
  15. L

I read on Twitter that Romain said the costumes for the FD would be bright, but it's Twitter so of course no one sources anything so take it for what it's worth. I don't think they would just recycle an outfit Gabriella wore once for an EX instead creating a costume specifically for the program.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information