Recent content by Kelvster

1. K

Laura Lepistö's autobiography published April 2024 in Finland

Yes and who can forget Poykio, Kettunen, and Saarinen much later … all such great and elegant skaters. Worthy of mention: Drei for her longevity and improved and mature skating towards the end of her career, and Viveca Lindfors for winning a Euros bronze at a time when Russian girls became so...
  2. K

The 14th National Winter Games of China, Jan. 17-19 (Jr.) & Feb. 21-26 (Sr.) in Inner Mongolia

Constanze Paulinius was a German competitor in the 1990s / 2000s :) It's been some time since any Chinese men burst onto the scene and caught my attention LOL ... hope that DVD can be the worthy successor to Jin (yes, lovely pure technique he has!!)
  3. K

The 14th National Winter Games of China, Jan. 17-19 (Jr.) & Feb. 21-26 (Sr.) in Inner Mongolia

Just watched a bit of this competition. Very impressed by David / DVD ... wonderful 3A, fluid movements, some attempts at interpreting the music (who is his choreographer? Constanze Paulinius?). Iffy spins & bland costume though. Hope to see him on the big stage!! (Boyang Jin needs some...
  4. K

Gracie Gold's memoir published February 2024

Yes I saw the name more than once on Reddit. If he’s the person who assaulted Gracie, hope justice will be served.
  5. K

Most grateful for a PM also 🙏. I have a guess too …
  6. K

I met Surya too in 2002. She was simply delightful. We chatted for a while (using my limited French). Really lovely person!!!!
  7. K

Finnish skating news, 2018 onwards

Thanks .. I meant .. whether Dr. v would go to worlds …
  8. K

Finnish skating news, 2018 onwards

Wonder if Emmi would be sent to Worlds after Peltonen’s disastrous free programme 🫣 Also, I wonder if we would get to see Dr. V one more time (who miraculously got his World FP TES in the Denis Ten Memorial last year). The new guy ain’t bad but doesn’t seem to have the minimums 🫣
  9. K

Kana Muramoto/Daisuke Takahashi announce retirement

I recall watching a video of their training in their early days together. Kana came across as a very supportive partner, and it’s so wonderful to see daisuke’s growth as an ice dancer. Wish them both the very best.
  10. K

2023 Challenge Cup & Dutch Nationals, Feb. 23-26, Tilburg NED

oh no! kudos to Dr. V for trying.
  11. K

2023 South Korean Nationals, Jan. 5-8, in Uijeongbu

Ok … at least they have 2 spots. I was worried Yelin would be left home after such a great season.
  12. K

2022 JPN Nationals - Women FS

Just finished watching and thought I would share that I was impressed by Mana Kawabe. I thought her presentation improved a lot and the performance was quite artistik … some ppl may not forgive her for taking away Mai’s olympik spot last year then bombing at Olys, but let’s hope that Mana can...
  13. K

2023 Finnish Nationals, Dec. 16-18, 2022 in Joensuu

Congrats to Dr V for winning his (insert number) National title! Oh dear what happened to Oona … down in 5th place. And is Emmi Peltonen still injured 🤕? I hope Finland will have a successful Europeans. They have been such excellent organizers … (not just in figure skating but in my own...
  14. K

2023 Finnish Nationals, Dec. 16-18, 2022 in Joensuu

sad to hear about ceder. nice qualities to her skating sigh! what's happening to emmi ... hope she can make a come back it's oona's chance for the gold.
  15. K

"Harley & Katya" documentary

Thank you for sharing the link. Yes, it's indeed all extremely tragic. Let's all remind ourselves of the importance of mental support.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information