Recent content by KCC

1. KCC

Golden Bachelor!

Only 3 months. I was kind of hoping for longer marriage (being a hopeless romantic), but I guess 3 months is about average for these kinds of shows. Of course, there are also the arranged marriages on Married at First Sight that don't last 6 weeks. It takes a while to really get to know someone...
  2. KCC

The 2024 Total Solar Eclipse Thread

Back in 2017, the local high school held an eclipse viewing event on their football field. Music went from Sounds of Silence (Hello darkness my old friend) to Here Comes the Sun pretty quickly. I seemed to recall that the whole event was only about 10 minutes or so back then. Am I wrong?
  3. KCC

The 2024 Total Solar Eclipse Thread

We are just getting 30% here in Boise, but I think the "bite out of the cookie" is still a neat sight.
  4. KCC

Worlds 2024 Women FS: ‘Where Have All The Knitters Gone?’

I'd think athletes breathe mostly through their mouths. She might consider getting the blood vessels cauterized. That eliminated my daily nosebleeds.
  5. KCC

2024 Academy Awards (Oscars) Red Carpet & Ceremony

I didn't see Barbie, so didn't know the context and unfortunately, missed many of the words to I'm Just Ken. But the repeated line "anywhere else I'd be a 10" seemed strange, in that it reminded me of so many guys (and gals) who think they are a 10 and that they deserve better (better looking...
  6. KCC

Stars on Ice Looks to 2025 For Next U.S. Tour

I went to the last SOI because I liked the entire group. They really seemed to enjoy being together and it was a very happy, uplifting event. At the meet & greet, you could tell that they genuinely enjoyed their time together. If there was any tension, they hid it well. I've had individual...
  7. KCC

Gracie Gold's memoir published February 2024

I downloaded the book to my Kindle. Wow.
  8. KCC

FREE Opera Event in NYC, February 1!

I really wish I could come, but Idaho is a long way from NYC. Enjoy!
  9. KCC

2023 Grand Prix Final - Free Dance: “China In Your Dance”

I frequently have to look up the summary of movie plots or the lyrics of songs to make sense of skaters' programs. I've never been a big movie person and when I make up a story line in my head to go with a skaters program, it is often off by a lot (I guess a murder scene more often than not)...
  10. KCC

Book writing and layout programs

@Simone411, just an update -- after reviewing Jarte and taking a second look at Microsoft Publisher, I decided to go with Publisher to lay out my pocket field guide. Publisher came with my computer and is already installed. It doesn't have everything that I wanted, but after listening to a...
  11. KCC

Rest in peace Rosalynn Carter

Hers (and his) is an example of a life very well lived.
  12. KCC

If you decide to write your family book -- depending on how many books you want to make and how you want to bind them, equipment is available from Amazon to cut the pages, punch holes and insert a spiral binding. We got bids from office stores of over $30/book for their printing and binding, but...
  13. KCC

@Simone411 , thanks so much! I'll check it out and let you know how it goes.
  14. KCC

A friend and I would like to create pocket field guides for our area on certain insects (bees, butterflies, dragonflies, etc.) that can be distributed to schools, libraries, nature centers, senior centers, etc. Our Parks & Rec published one for birds, but they do not want to create more for a...
  15. KCC

War in Israel

You mean a Thunderdome, Mad Max style? "We don't need another hero..." (Tina Turner) A weird movie, but it keeps popping back in my head when wars erupt. Except then we would have leaders with more muscle than brains, probably juiced on drugs, etc. Maybe I thought about this more than I should...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information